[LCN] August 14 Syndicate Wars Token Issue

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Aardvark, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Aardvark

Aardvark Orycteropus Afer

Hey everyone, @mi7ch is away, so I'm in charge of getting the word out about today's War issue. I'm not as active on the forum side of things as he is, so please bear with me!

The Wars launched this morning with a bug in the system that managed Token regeneration. Pretty much for the first hour of so of the event, players were getting full reloads of their tokens without having to spring for refills.

Although most Syndicates were not impacted, this did skewed the balance of competition in favor of players who were active during that time, and was unfair to players who used FP towards refills during that time when they didn't have to. :(

We could tell something weird was going on in the event by the usual activity patterns, but we didn't realize the source of the issue was a Token regeneration bug until we started getting reports for players. Thank you to everyone who sent us messages about the Wars, because of you guys we were able to find and kill the bug that caused this much faster!

To address competitive imbalances caused by this issue, the devs are putting together a correction that will remove those War Points acquired using the extra Tokens generated by this bug while it was live. If you refilled your Tokens using FP during the time this bug was live, War Points earned with your purchased Tokens will not be affected.

Fortunately, this bug was caught early enough that the majority of Syndicates shouldn't see any change to their War Points at all. *whew*

I'll post an update when it goes live, and will check in on this thread periodically today to help answer any questions you people have.

Thanks!

-UPDATE-
    The patch is now live!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Sparrowhawk likes this.
  2. Your Sxual Sedation

Your Sxual Sedation New Member

Just my opinion you should just leave it how it is.... cause you are gonna get so many complaints regardless, people saying you took more points away than you were suppose to and people crying cause they missed out on the glitch... There will be no winning with whatever you decide to do...

3. Bleeny

Bleeny New Member

How can you tell which token came from the bug, which one was obtained properly and what token was used at what time to make what point...?

QuietStorm11 and alan michael like this.
  4. Willie Bizon

Willie Bizon Member

Token regeneration bug until we started getting reports for players.... HAHAHAH.. REWARD EVERYONE ON BEHALF UR GLITCH...1ST PLACE REWARDS.....

5. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

well i sure hope you give back to those of us who spent for stamina refills as well .. as i myself refilled 2 times .. not to mention

6. Richard1966

Richard1966 New Member

Sounds like a Kano regeneration of interest myself (my opinion) although seemed bias to those who want to the FKN syndicate fail once more!! dont we pay enough into your bank account Kano,, oh well no doubt i will be banned soon speaking so open to xxxxx front game

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
  7. Angela Brown

not to mention .. using all of my boosted stamina from this morning! so if changes are going to made please do not forget those who have SPENT MONEY on fps

8. Your Sxual Sedation

Your Sxual Sedation New Member

Exactly... we wont get our FPs back tho watch... they will mess up all our points in syn war and take the kills that were obtained with the FPs and not the ones with their glitch.

9. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Yes this will give just as many complains. I for example came on when everyone knew the error were there, so I dumped my tokens on a low sync since they regenerated (and every b and c sync was dead), now I get to keep that that score because you roll back to a given point you believe to be correct. Not okay.

10. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

If you are going to start "correcting" things, are you going to take into account peoples time and effort whilst taking advantage. If you are going to remove War Points, I assume you will also replace Stamina spent and compensate for time and effort put in during those early minutes somehow ? Also, how are you account for what would have been normal activity ? My play behaviour would certainly have been different and more targeted rather than all out attack. Also which War Points are you going to correct - those at full percentage or those reduced due to low health ? Bearing this in mind how are you accounting for normal regeneration during the active period and how these tokens would have been used - full or partly effective attacks and the relative benefit ?

Further more, how is the XP gained during this period going to be handled ? More information will be required to prevent aggrevating loyal players, i.e. those who were active, ready and waiting for the war to start as opposed to those who reacted later and just whinged about wanting compensation. Some things are best left alone after an admission of fault and apology.

11. I hope replacement od stamina used for the players who were active during this period will also be realized. Thank you!! It was a blast LOL

12. Bart Goris

Bart Goris New Member

lol typical... better repeat it next time - it was damn fun and a little return for peeps ready at the start of synd wars :)
    No way you can turn this back and give everyone what they"re entitled at.
    good ol' Samsy

13. Angela Brown

also .. those syns that were killed during this war .. will you take back the death seeing that the death would NOT have happened if it was not a free for all! and replace the wps they lost for dying! so many ways to look at this .. but honestly i just want my fps back that i spent if your going to remove my wps i gained with them!

14. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

This looks extremely messy :( Best of luck resolving it... It could take a while.

15. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

that is the ONLY fair thing to do. to try to determine what is normal or not is ridiculous.... wipe this event, and restart it.

16. DMQ

DMQ Member

I thought it was so funny it made me buy an extra large pizza, can I be reimbursed for that .. 100 favour points should do the trick.. Cheers

Kirsten, Aardvark and Wolf Spirit like this.
  17. hardtimes

hardtimes New Member

Great fix lol

foxysiren likes this.
  18. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well that was a poorly done rollback :(

alan michael likes this.
  19. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Well, that made it fairer (NOT)

alan michael and QuietStorm11 like this.
  20. Angela Brown

uh yea you took our war points but didnt replace our stam or favor points spent