August 10th- Developer Update (Skill Points Allocator)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Calder12

Calder12 Member

Eating my words...

The Modal page works very quickly and no issues at all. It will take some getting used to compared to the old way but I can adjust since there is no dreaded performance hit.

I still think I'd like to see some sort of undo, or a reset per skill? Maybe that is too much to ask but I have had times where I have had quite a few skill points not allocated (explanation here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?p=10208#post10208) and it would be a small pain in the butt to reset them all for a misclick at the end. However that is a very tiny concern, overall you've done well again.

2. reset is just for new skill points ...before u click save skills ;)

3. Griff

Griff Member

1. Yes , and I see your point. Would there be any way you could just grey it out till they heal? Im not sure as to what you are able to do as far as in the programming etc. It just doesn't flow smooth enough as it is. If you are fighting with someone who is fighting back and forth healing and you hit them down to the hospital it is a minor nuisance to have to hit their profile link to get back to an attack button. It's not a Major issue but something I have always found irritating. I mainly play Viking Clan but I see it's the same in ZS.

2. Thanks

4. Calder12

Calder12 Member

lol.... yeah I know. =)

Okay on the topic of confusing new players. I would have been thrown by the +10 and +50 buttons on the Health as a brand new player. I realize that is the points given obviously but am I the only one that would have looked at that and thought at first it would be the skill points taken?

To clarify I am not complaining about this feature just playing devils advocate. I like ZS and I'd like to do and say what I can to help it improve.

5. AbNo

AbNo Member

Don't mind me, just catching up after being at GenCon last week....

This. Seriously, MafWar is a bog down on my system resources now. Anyone see what happened with that new "fight the feds" thing?

And this! This this this! Calder speaks with wisdom.

"+ buttons will disappear if not enough skill points" <---- Can you dim and/or deactivate the buttons instead of making them disappear so the rest of them do not jump about when I allocate my first skill point?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  6. I totally agree with Calder12,

I too watched Mafia Wars ruined by this and it looks like z/s is def heading down the same road if this is kept up....C'mon Kano, we can either buy u/n points for our gaming or more memory/graphics for our machines...BUT NOT BOTH.

Overload

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We agree, but as for the skill allocator modal it should require less resources and be far faster than the previous implementation. Are you seeing a decrease in performance?

Benefits of modals is as follows:

-lighter implementation in resources than a new page load
    -does not take you away from your current page, less disruptive to game play
    -feature can be accessed from every page in game