Armada Wars Discussion Threads

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Got a question we are having a discussion and has there been a change as to when a new armada can join armada wars, use to be the armada use to be 2 weeks old, but some are saying no, just curious, it does not affect me one way or the other.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes, we bumped that down quite a bit to one day. There was an announcement put out at the time, but it must have gotten pushed out of the feed.

Chasity likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

ok thanks :)

mi7ch likes this.
  4. Localsiding

Localsiding Member

I think you should have the letter "A," "B," "C," etc in the list of saved targets.

Michael Inn and Sasha St. Cin like this.
  5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

that would be a nice addition, saves you from spending 1 token to check what rank they are.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That sounds pretty handy, I'll get it put in the queue.

Sasha St. Cin likes this.
  7. Marry

Marry New Member

A little sugestion, it would be helpful to see alied armadas in fight list in war. So we can better recognize who is a friend and who not ;)

8. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

The profile stats is missing data similar to last war. Any reason?

HookhandedRumbreath likes this.
  9. White Dahlia

White Dahlia New Member

It would be wonderful if the level up pop up wouldn't display while attacking an armada.

10. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i figure i write in here just to inform you that i do not think it is fair that the only Top 6 gets rewards in the Armada Wars cause that is not fair at all too the others that are 7th an above 20th...i think you should consider at bring back the rewards for the rest of us at least some favor points an xps...i dont care if it is about fun or family some of us want our rewards like it used to be!!

RosietheSassyWarrior likes this.
  11. HookhandedRumbreath

HookhandedRumbreath New Member

Hoping Kano can take a look into this. It's a problem with my Server 2 character, but not all the characters in my armada.

12. HookhandedRumbreath

HookhandedRumbreath New Member

yep. Sucks to be in the top 50 overall and get nothing but a shiner...

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the feedback Justin.

This is a very new format that has had 1 event to try it on. The thought process behind changing the rewards from top 20% overall to top 20% of each tier was to spread the rewards around as there was nothing for the lower strength Armada's to strive towards. Having said that we are aware that this affects some of the stronger armadas who are accustomed to earning rewards at the end of the event.

It was a conscious decision to run this first event as Tiered rewards only so we can both get feedback and to also monitor the effects of this change on their own. We have the ability to run both Tiered and Overall concurrently or just Overall on it's own and that is something we will look to explore for future events to mix this up.

14. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well to me i dont think it is fair at the moment at all..from 6th place getting rewards, it should be where that the 1st-20th should be getting rewards but downward No...im just saying too keep this well balance an even for other armada war players out here!

15. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

if running them concurrently, on kong i am a B ranked armada but come in top 3 or win it, would that mean the original rewards stacked on top of the current tiered rewards?

that would be interesting but i see a problem that the tops are always A rank so that would just give quite a bit more fp the top ranks instead of spreading out the awards further as intended. Just giving slight xp boost or something along those lines might work though for top 20% possibly not including the top 6.

16. No Glimmer of Hope

No Glimmer of Hope New Member

17. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

Divisional rewards is an excellent addition. Should have increased involvement of pirates. My armada greatly appreciated the increase.
    One suggestion - Decrease the WP per heal to increase value of attacking other armadas. Currently, the 20WP per heal is of worth more than token WP attack on a C, D, and E tier armada. Lowering it to 10WP will make it worthwhile for those tiers to learn how to attack in war. Lower value will have minimal impact on higher tiers and might create more of an incentive to attack.

18. drrobert1

drrobert1 Member

You could provide XPs for places 7 through 10 but FPs to top 6 for each division tier should remain. Overall rank rewards will most likely lead to double dipping for A tier armadas. Excellent idea that enables you to tweak by adding rewards to lower finishers to create incentive for increased involvement.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Some more great feedback in here.

Justin you don't seem to think it is fair that the lower tiers are getting rewards at all. I would argue that by incentivizing lower strength Armada's to participate we are making a more engaging event for everyone. The previous payout structure made it near impossible for anyone from Tier C-E to earn end of event rewards which isn't a compelling reason to play the event at all. I realize this recent change has "taken away" rewards from Armada's who finished in the top 20% overall but not their Division which brings me to my next point.

For future events we would likely look to stack both the Overall and Tiered rewards. As noted by Niel and drrobert this would allow for some "double dipping" but we can balance these so that the impact isn't too severe. Alternately we are going to explore expanding how many places within each division pays out but this will require some more thought.

The Tiered rewards is a whole new set of features for this event so we wanted to make sure that was running smoothly before making more tuning decisions. We are now at a point where it has run on all 4 games and we can take a step back to look at the results which will help drive our next tweaks along with community feedback such as this. So please keep it coming. We are not adverse to criticism :eek:

20. Maureen

Maureen Member

I guess you made the armada war, lower level friendly!! Just like you made the raids for lower level!! The people who stuck to your game for years, are not getting the rewards that you owe us!! I guess you figure you loyalty rewards, which by the way are lame; is enough! Our armada is still discussing if we even want to play in the armada war!! We do know if we do, we will not use FP, because we don't get a reward!! We are in the top ten!