[PC] Armada Battle Arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Erik Bergstrom, Nov 12, 2015.

1. I've been thinking about this for a while. Arena is stale. It is dependent on stamina and refills. You have the most you win. Wars have had the same top 5 for the better part of a year. I can predict the outcome of the next war already. My idea is to shake it up every so often. Maybe every quarter have an epic armada battle royale. Take the concept of the old arena, with visible names and single death, and apply it to armada wars. Make this a single elimination battle with point scoring, tokens and healing similiar to Armada wars. I'd vote for 0 wp for healing, since it's necessary to stay alive, but not part of the actual "combat." You could debate a health buff for kills and victories.

Competition is 3 categories- survivor , WP and Kills. In theory you could have separate winners for all 3.

Think of the possibilities. Would your strategy be to cripple your main opponent, so they can't score, or just take them out all together. If you take them out, you get weakened and are vulnerable until you get either more tokens or you can heal again. Do you kill as many small armadas as possible quickly and lock up the kills trophy? An E kill is easier, but less still less wp.. Do you build up a points lead? Or do you lurk and heal and try to take the top prize. Obviously there would be ganging up, and backstabbing and other perfectly acceptable acts of piracy. In the end I believe It encourage strong alliance play, and let several armadas who just don't like each other have it out.

For the awards, forget gold or Xp. This would be a functional high level trophy- a weapon, mate or ship for the top 3-5 in each category. (Titanium, platinum, gold, silver, bronze)

For example the survivor would get an epic prize.... Say a titanium victory galleon 800/800. The most wp would get a titanium cannon 500/500 and the most kills would get a titanium navigator matey 500/500.

Thoughts? Flames?

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

You do realize the top 3 in armada wars will always be claiming these. While its good in theory it wouldn't benefit the other armadas who try their best to get into the top 3 spaces to be able to win this. Sorry good idea on paper but in game wouldn't work.

George Burd likes this.