[Other] Arena THMP

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Eraser, Dec 19, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree, the scenario TP posed was weak at best, if someone is that low, then they are already toast. I understand your idea is to reward active players with something that might just thwart a sniper...I like that aspect. Im just still trying to figure out what if any adverse affects it might have

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

You havent made it happen yet, seems nobody would agree to waste thier thumps where another player was thumping. Then you got 15 people with NO thump left, and 1 dead player.

I have my doubts that anyone would throw thier thump until the VERY end too. Thumping at full health would be like sticking a hudred dollar bill in a paper shredder.

ps. Santa Claus is at the mall down the street Eveyday right now, I could get him. :D Just catch him on his smoke break. to avoid the hassle of pulling him thru all the ropes and children.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Think about it.

How many attacks can you get early??

Not 10k thats for sure.

By time thumps get into play(if anyone plays like SWM,PIMP and other higher levels)they'll be no threats left in there by the time thumps are available.

So who is gonna get the brunt of the thumps??

You guessed it..lower and mid levels.

4. Eraser

Eraser Member

Maybe you could start with 3 thumps, and get 3 more after 10k attacks,

or just have them spread at different amounts.

1 thump at 100 attacks, 2nd thump 1000 attacks, 3rd thump at 10k. 4th at 10,100, 5th at 11,000 6th at 20,000. so on and so forth.

I dont see where lower and mid levels are getting the brunt end of the thumps in any way. Anyone withg half a brain would know that it would be to your advantage to use your thump on a high kill reward than a bitty one. Unless you where in extreme danger of getting knocked out. In which case. it would be more helpful in keeping a lower level player ALIVE, than killing them.

5. polishpimp

HUH? No matter who it was getting hit or doing the hitting if we use your example the target would still have to be basically on deaths door in comparison to what their starting health was. The exception would be a low level target and I cant imagine a team wanting to waste all their thumps on them.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

What if that was the only target left before each other?????????

7. LMAO, you just hit the nail squarely on the head! IMO, That Poster is not really concerned in the least about mid to low level players...........just his own and his master's accounts. As usual. He just likes to disguise his REAL concern by seeming concerned for the mid to low level players he loves to terrorize in the main game. :)

8. polishpimp

once again...HUH? I wouldnt waste my thumps on some low to mid level. the only time I would use them is (a) a huge kill reward im heavy invested in. (B) a joint operation to take down a massive target that no single player can bring down, whether they started with huge health or amassed it along the way (C) i was near death myself and i needed to use it on whatever target to get a kill reward to stave off death

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh really????

Is that what you think?

Sorry to burst your bubble,but you know you only want it to try and fare better in there.

These thumps work both ways ya know.

You have a good account but even you know those thumps can kill you pretty easily when coming from the highest levels and the highest level.

I got no doubt you would dish out some damage,but of that little crew,you'd be the only one not taking as much damage as theyre dishing :)

10. LMAO!!! I never once said I wanted it. I haven't made up my mind yet whether or not I think the idea has any merit. I also haven't rated this thread yet.

But I find it hilarious, your response. Where's the TP when you need it? The BS is getting deep up in here. lolololol

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well considering someone here openly admits theyre account isnt arena friendly..there thumps can hurt them just as badly as the intended target.

Horrid defense and you can end up taking as much damage or more than your dishing out.

So even 1 thump you've possibly dealt 15x as much damage to yourself as well as your target.

12. And the price of tea in China is what? lol Are you so concerned about how this will possibly hurt your chances in the arena, you're throwing up these lame roadblocks in a vain attempt to disguise your own fears?

I don't actually think Kano will give this idea much consideration, but if they do, it would make me laugh to watch you scramble. hahaha

13. polishpimp

At this point TP you havent given a good reason as to why the lowers would getthe brunt of this idea, I just dont see why a higher level would waste them on a lower. In the end....the lowers are going to die and the highers are going to be the ones doing it regardless of whether or not this idea is implemented so whats your point? If anything it gives the active low to mid level player an extra edge if used correctly does it not? Its already been said that these thumps would be very limited and rewarded based on activeness, is it not a good idea to have more active players in the arena regardless of whether you feel inactive players are worthy of rewards or not? Wasnt the arena intended for the active pvp player? When i first read this thread I was not sure how i felt but your outlandish arguement against has actually convinced me this is a good idea. None of your arguments hold any water and its now obvious that it concerns you and your high leveled friends. Dont u realize that u and your friends would have same options and since the majority of you are higher levels than the rest it could potentially help u more? Or is it that your worried that their are players who use these thumps in a more thought out and strategic way? I win every VC arena i play (and im far from being the top dog), do these thumps worry me? NOPE. Im competitive in PC but way out gunned ......do the thumps concern me there? NOPE, I think they might actually help me because I feel in most cases I could use them much strategically than u or anyone else in your group. In both MW and ZS Im a low rated player, Do the thumps concern me there? Hell no, I think they will give a way better chance, especially knowing a high level wouldnt waste theirs on me. So whats the deal? What scares ya? Dont give us the same old tired crap that it will hurt the lowers, I am a lower and a higher and I like it either way. No one is dumb enough to believe you of all people is concerned with the lowers, all u want is to be #1 again at any cost

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

Im done feeding the troll for the night. Missing out on my gametime.

TP, you have only proposed obsurd situations that would never happen.

Yes, You could recieve as much damage as you would deal in 15 attacks, as you would deal in 15 attacks Whoopty fkn DOOO DAAAA The idea is to help get a kill reward, if you failed its a risk I hope you where willing to take.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

My account handles quite good in arena(don't care if ya believe me or not only reason ya got me last time was cause my system froze up,dont care if ya believe it or not just stating facts)

I got good defense as ya know.

Someone in this thread however don't and they know it :)

They're the one that the thumps they dish out can come back and hurt them just as much or more than the target :)

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Didn't you see my post saying thumps work both ways???

Or did ya miss that???

17. polishpimp

Exactly and Im ok with that, I cant imagine why u wouldnt be

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You post a idea.

It's going to get responded to.

How ya know those situations won't happen??

Ya don't.

19. polishpimp

Thats the thing.....Im ok with it, would I rather have better D in the arena....sure why not. If this idea was ever implemented I may never use it in PC just for the reason u stated....but once again....Im ok with that. Because like u stated previously...I do want the lil guy to have a fair shake and I think this idea affords the lil guy a lil more of a chance while giving the big dogs the same opportunity. I am one of them lil guys in 2 0f my 4 games and this idea may be detrimental in to me in PC, but its not all about me now is it.

20. polishpimp

Sure they could happen, unlikey but still very possible. The persons doing that would have to be simply brain dead or crazy but look at half the crap players already do now that doesnt make any sense. If ya build a skyscraper inevitably some idiot is going to jump off it, does that mean we shouldnt build anymore skyscrapers? Perhaps we just tear down the ones we already have....lol