[Other] Arena THMP

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Eraser, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

Arena THUMP

It would work like a stamina boost/power attack on a boss.

Somewhere near the attack button, There would be a slider for a powerful "Thump" that deals much more damage than a regular taccks. Maybe a max of 10? 15 times as much damage.

It would not be available at all times, You would require a number of dealt attacks for it to become available. Im thinking several thousand.. in range every 10k attacks get you 2 or 3 full thumps.

arena would be more "fun" If there was some more strategy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I will give you a 10 because it can possibly help with the idiot snipes out there who steal the kill if u get it close enough you can do a thump attack.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Leave it to me to be the one to look negative upon this.

You're allowing higher levels to dish out ALOT more damage with this.

You basically are screwing over the lower and mids as a few thumps from a high level and bam dead.

Only another high level can possibly survive thumps...a low or mid is gonna get knocked out quickly.

A mid and a lower thumping a high level probably won't dish much damage at all while the other way around is a disaster for a low and mid.

4. ben

ben Active Member

i have to agree with The Protector on this one thats for sure...

i will give it a 1 ...

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

hmmm... In zs arena It takes a minimum of about 700 attacks to kill someone, and goes all the way up to a few thousand.

Does that not hold true? for PC VC LCN?

because if it does, what you're saying holds no weight. because what I have labeled here was the ability to do 15 times more damage in one hit, not HUNDREDS of times more damage in one hit. it would be equivalent to attacking 15 times.

I also said that they would not be WIDELY available to just abuse, You would get only a FEW thumps for every 10,000 attacks. You would have to use them very sparingly.

You could even use them for snipes, depending on how they where laid out, You would just get a total of LESS thumps than a player that attacked a lot.

As a high level player you would be saving your thumps for when you've done all the damage on a LARGE health reward, and are in grave danger of being sniped.

Yes, There would be a slight difference in the effectiveness of a higher level thump, and a lower level thump, but the way that damage fluctuates between attacks, the difference will not be all that much.

Find some other reason to give it a 1. How about the "real" reason?, because I dont think you, or ben are really all that stupid to think 15x damage would absolutley smother a smaller player, or that would be the best use of your limited amount of thumps.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So a player that's trying to find a kill to stay in isn't at a disadvantage?????

A player can survive a few attacks when low on health.

By thumping them,you've killed them when you normally wouldn't be able to.

Regardless the lowers and mids will be at a disadvantage as the higher levels can thump them to death.

Here's damage done from 1 of my rivals in last pc arena...no bonus strength yet cause of where they fell out.

Biggest Attack 3,735,097 damage multiply that by 10 or 15...

You've successfully killed a lower or mid level player that wouldn't of been killed otherwise.

And if someone saved their thumps for the final rounds with bonus strength......

Biggest Attack 22,614,560 damage multiply that by 10 or 15.

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

Does it take 700 to 2000 to kill somone or not?

If the damage dealt is different than ZS maybe the total Health is different too? Im not sure I dont play the other arenas.

I can tell you this much, Im an upper mid level player, with some of the highest attack in ZS, and I my max damage dealt in the 3rd bonus round was

Biggest Attack 1,096,714 damage

So the question is still the same, Does it take the very minimum of 700 attacks to kill somone or not? because in ZS 20 million damage dealt would kill some people in 4 attacks. Im highly doubting that the starting health, and kill rewards are ANYTHING alike, so your examples of damage mean NOTHING to me.

Keep in mind, it only takes 2 seconds to deal 15 attacks, So I dont see how a THUMP would make that much difference in how long you stay alive. It would take an extra second to move the slider, so Its only Hogging the the final damage that it would do, not really kill anyone much faster no matter what.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 12
    Losses 167
    Biggest Attack 2,024,282 damage

But don't take a copy/paste as proof..take a actual screenshot

[​IMG]

9. Eraser

Eraser Member

Wow!!!! I sure dont see how anyone snipes kills in your game then? They only last what 30 seconds if you're slow as Christmas?

Maybe this should be an Idea for ZS alone then...., or maybe LCN too Ive heard that it is much more like ZS than VC and PC.

I assumed arena would be mostly the same tho. Obviously not.

This is very enlightening as to why only ZS players are having problems with the throttle too.

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The arenas are all the same, as are the battle mechanics/ formulas between all the games I believe. The big diff here is that there are many more high leveled players in the other games so the examples are apple and oranges. What one considers an upper mid level player in ZS is not going to be considered that in one of the others. The damage numbers also fluctuate a great deal due to the random factor and the level and skill point allocation of the 2 players involved makes a huge diff in the outcome. Much like an axe slap in the regular game.....Im going to do much more damage to a player with high health than a player with lower health, and even then the actual number is going to be determined by a roll of the dice.

I read this idea earlier and have been thinking about it but I just havent made up my mind, I will rate it when I do

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You say you're all about giving lowers and mid a fair shot.

Does lower and mid levels getting "thumped" in succession seem fair?

After all,some mids have decent kill rewards.

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

It is way different if somone can die in 180 attacks, NOBODY dies in 180 attacks in ZS. Average would be about 1000. Even from a high level player.

The very fewest I have ever seen was about 490, having only seen a death from less than 600 about half a dozen times in all the arenas that I played.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Even then,if a high level gang(Group)is working together and save up those thumps for 1 target,how long is that target gonna last??

Say the group(gang)is 10 or 15 high levels workin together.

All save the thumps and use them on 1 target..that 1 target isn't gonna last very long especially if its 3 thumps they're allowed.

thats 15 high levels dishing 45x their normal damage.

Pimp...how big would Ben's damage be if he was able to dish out 45x his normal damage???

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

You find 15 people that are willing to waste all thier thumps on the same kill, and Ill find and capture Santa claus for you.

The situation you just described makes about as much sense as flying a plane to the corner store.

I can see why this idea upsets you, if you can die in 200 attacks, If I repost for ZS only and make it clear that its only for ZS will you leave it for ZS players to determine what they think?

15. polishpimp

Like i said.... I havent decided whether i like the idea. From what I read it doesnt sound like what your saying is what his idea represents. When ive thought about it a lil more I'll ask a few more questions. I Do want all players to have a fair shake, not sure how my previous comment implied diff

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Might not represent that...but we know it can get taken there.

Thump,thump,thump,dead low level.

17. polishpimp

nobody dies in 180 attacks or even close unless your talking the most extreme of examples like a level 14k + vs a weak level 660. Like I said (or meant anyways) the number of attacks it takes is dependent on the matchup itself. U can have to level 5k with opposite builds vs the same level 2k and have completely diff results. In ZS the highest levels are far less than the others (at least VC n PC)....of course its going to take more hits to kill an opponent on average. But if u took the same level 5k and the level 1k and put them in any of the arenas....the results would be the same

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Did you look at the screenshot pimp????

[​IMG]

19. Eraser

Eraser Member

Yes, that makes sense.

What doesnt make sense, is thinking that if you could die in 15 attacks, or hell even 45, that that person was going to make it anyway.

15 attacks = 2 seconds. Im suggesting you be able to do 2 seconds worth of attacks all at once. a VERY limited about of times.

if somone wants to waste that all on one kill, and let a sniper use thier thump to take out a kill they wasted over 100,000,000 health to put down, GO AHEAD.

20. polishpimp

Of course players would use as many of their thumps in succession as they could if the right target was available. Whether its a high leveled player trying to insure a huge kill hes heavily invested in, or the low to mid rated player whos trying to snipe the kill on a game changer kill reward. Like u said....the thumps would be minimal at best maybe X15....if Im heavily invested in a player who may have one of if not the highest kill reward in the arena.....damn skippy Im using all my thumps because im counting on the fact there will be others doing the same. Although unlikely in most cases to have 15 players on one target, it is plausible (especially if its team concept), but once again....if the kill reward is large enough and depending on the current stage of ones health....who knows. If what u meant was 15 difff players with the mindset that would use all their thumps in succession, ummmm i could think of a heck of a lot more than 15 players that would....so bring on santa!

Dont take me wrong here....im not for or against this idea yet.