[Other] arena stats and achievements

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Aug 10, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Arent achievements such as wins, attacks and bounties all contingent on others as well? Does it matter if high levels get their achievements sooner than others? Chances are they already have way more already and that doesnt seem to affect anything in the game since there are level limits and restrictions....so i dont understand your point. As far as the arena goes....its supposed to be one player left standing and usually is.....so I dont see how there would be anymore focus on lower levels if every one dies anyways regardless of whether there's achievements or not. The idea behind achievements is to promote activity in the arena...the more active the better chance at achievements...its a win win for both sides....no?

2. If the arena were fun in and of itself then one wouldn't have to be bribed to play. And yes, I feel forced to go after achievements in the game for a variety of reasons. But even if there were no achievements I'd do the same thing I'm doing now. Kill bosses. Fight. Do outbreaks.

The arena is a marathon and not all of us are willing to put ourselves through that marathon every two weeks. I'm so relieved that the arena has no bearing on the game as a whole. I'm so relieved there are no achievements involved. I participated in the last arena and it played the same as fighting in the regular game. I did get marginally more experience for fighting, but since fighting in the arena doesn't affect the regular game, to me it just wasn't worth it. The rewards offered at the end weren't worth the hassle of staying awake to reach them. Nor the hassle of spending UN for stamina refills.

I'm glad that some of you are happy with the arena and are having a good time, but I don't share that sense of fun. And I'm glad the arena is entirely separate from the game in regards to stats.

The only way I'd agree with adding achievements to the arena is if those achievements were arena achievements only.

polish, I don't like your tone, so I'm going to go ahead and place you on ignore. You very rarely have anything positive to contribute anyway.

The Protector likes this.
  3. polishpimp

Ive played arenas that have stared at 10am pst and arenas that have started at 10pm pst and everything in between, If im not mistaken that pretty much gives everyone in the world a legitimate shot at playing an arena.

Players dont have to go for any achievement and there are many achievement players will never get by simply playing the game and not focusing/specializing in a particular area...bounty kills would be a prime example. Players are not forced to sit and stalk the bounty page....but if u want a realistic chance of ever getting the last achievements for bounty kills than u need to make that effort

There are enough arenas and enough start times that a player at some point will be able to get in there and mix it up a lil bit at some point, the fact they might not get to do it as often as the next player is no diff then the player who just goes after a bounty when it pops up and the player who stalks the bounty page.....every aspect of these games is about what u put into it. Every aspect of the games including the arenas is equally available to all players if they so choose to participate, because an arena starts while your at work or while your fav TV show is on makes no diff, there are good and bad start times for all.

In the end....some players will obviously get the achievements quicker than others and some may never get any.....just like the other achievement in the rest of the game

4. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

I apologize this has little to do with the OP, but we just pushed out a change for future arenas that will make the Battle/Fight lists 100% random.

5. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i cannot understand how having achievements in the arena would FORCE anyone to go after them. If you are active then you will get the achievements just like you do in the game. I do feel the arena achievements would go along way to eliminating the inactive players which is something that needs to be done

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

That is EXCELENT news dan! I cant wait to see it in action! Have I ever told you, that you are my favorite admin? Always good news from you!

7. Wonder Bread

Glad to hear it. :)

Although I do appreciate the adulation, it is important to note that Eric is the one who actually made the change, I just got to talk about it. I am pretty awesome though.

8. polishpimp

tsk tsk tsk....are we a lil off topic? Im telling Kano...LOL Just kidding....thats great news...TY!

9. alka

alka Banned

Not sure if you "pushed" out changes in all apps, but if you did then you made a poor job of "Randomising" the fight list in Zombie Slayer". Half the time I don't even get a full list and it seems most of the same guys have been showing up on it for hours. One has been on since the thing started!

10. polishpimp

so will the entire list be refreshed randomly?

11. Wonder Bread

Hmm, strange. The list should populate full of random players initially. You can refresh the list for new players, but you can only do this every 30 seconds. If you click refresh before the 30 seconds, it will remove any dead players from the list, but won't give you new players (which might account for it seeming like you're not getting a full list.) There should also be a notification that pops up informing you that you won't get a new list for 30 seconds. Once the 30 seconds has passed, a new randomly-generated battle list should appear.
    If you don't feel like this is what's going on, please email in to support with some screen shots so we can see what's happening on your end.

@Polish After 30 seconds, yes. Because the list doesn't take into account who was on it before, it's definitely possible that you would show the same player after refreshing, although the odds should be quite low of the occurring multiple times in a row.

12. polishpimp

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Tyvm 4 the reply!

13. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Even if you remove the xp for joining you will still have inactive people to join simply to help out others in their group...if you aren't going to play just join so I can kill you, you don't lose anything. There are already awards built into the arena for doing well anyway. I'm not saying it's a bad idea I just can't see it being implemented...if someone wants to give me more for doing more, then I will of course do more. I currently only enter for the xp as I'm not wasting my stamina in the arena when I get typically half my max xp as to when I'm leveling in the regular game.

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

I cant believe this thread has fallen down to a 6.7

Raising my 8 up to a 10.

15. slave

slave Member

leonidadas, do you get max xp for all your attacks in the game? if you do i want to smoke what your smoking.
    in my experience, i get max attack for only 1 or 2 players, and then only for the first five attacks, then it drops significantly on the next five attacks, and then even more significantly on the next five and the next five generally arent worth the price of beans in china.....

so id you honestly can say that arena is providing less xp per attack, then here let me light up another one for you....
    xp in arena doesnt degrade, it stays constant in the first round and then after the third round starts to get multipliers, i typically get more xp per fight than i do against any opponent with the exception of hemlox and SAS, and then only their first five fights......

try again brother, cuz you cant smell what the rock is cooking

16. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

I'm smoking Winston Lights and they don't give anything other than cancer. When I attack my lp my max xp is around 460 per fight, the low end is about 389xp. The most xp I've seen myself get in the arena is around 230xp, and you're right it is constant...but I also lose fights there that I don't when I level normally. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

17. slave

slave Member

i dont think we are talking about the same game, my xp from fights in arena is higher than my xp from fights in game, and i dont get anywhere near 460 per fight in game. and i would expect you to lose fights in arena, too many people assume if they dont lose fights in the game they wont lose them in arena, wrong again....different formula
    i have seen xp on arena fights anywhere from 180-840
    my max in game is approx 400 but i rarely get that even in the first five fights, most of the time its down below 200 and the minimum i get in arena is 180, so im guessing you are not playing zombie slayer...

18. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

This thread is marked as [other], so you probably are talking about different games.