[Other] arena stats and achievements

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

I love the idea about giving us more stats, but Im not too sure about achievments.

The arena seems sensetive. A lot of players are not inactive because they dont want to be, its because they cant.

another thing ive considered is its come a little late in the game. Many of the high level players have to refill like crazy to achieve some the same attacks and kills as the mid-level players can accomplish for free.

Having a hard time comming up with a rating... want to do a 7.5 So i guess its an 8 :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. Eraser

Eraser Member

A low level guy has the chance to add stamina, and achieve a hell of a lot in the arena, A high level is stuck with 300k+XP to level, without no chance on leveling up on thier stamina.

So if you ask me, this idea supports mid-level more than anything... which i admire, because mid-level slayers are always the ones that get screwed. Lots of updates for high levels, Lots of updates for low levels. Mid-level, you may as well be the "red-headed step child" beat on by all the highers, and lowers are protected.

This is one idea I would be without a shadow of a doubt 100 percent in support of If stamina limits where increased.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ZS may be different from the other three games in that respect, where stamina is just as important to help level , in fact stamina is very important for leveling, especially when it comes to boss fighting, we do not have a stamina limit, besides the fact that you can get stam refills in the arena, so not sure what you mean

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  4. alka

alka Banned

Working on the assumption that mid level guys will benefit would mean an easy achievement for the high level players.
    I don't agree with the notion that mid level guys can add stamina to achieve better results as they stand the risk of weakening themselves in the Arena and in the game proper.
    Most mid level guys would prefer to spend UN's on building squad to 2k and then buying a few decent weapons rather than waste UN's on a pointless attempt at getting a high ranking with little reward.
    In the apps which I consider myself low level I find it's becoming a waste of time being active. In the last 4 Arena's I have started in defence, waited 8 hours, hit 120 attacks and jumped back in defence., I have finished higher without kills than with kills, as the chances are a high level with stacks of health and stam will kill me for sniping them.
    Sadly the Arena's been done and people realise the amount of time and effort needed to get anywhere. There are maybe a few 100 with the time,power and $$ who will pursue the game, but for some it's maybe the chance to grab a level or 2. The rest will join for free xp and that's the one's Kano leave in to get you guys to spend the $$ to remove rather than say they will all be removed at level 300.
    Seriously, for most of us it's boring and people will get fed up of being cannon fodder for the high level players who will win most of them.
    So, adding an achievement will not entice people to play, that can only come from making the Arena playable for all, and we know that's not possible...

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I agree with you polish if you give out incentives for different things might make more players fight then sit there and be inactive in the games for the arenas.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

In the games in which im a low level...I to have noticed that I usually do better when i remain inactive as well....but even then I havent reached the top 100, so what have I gained besides the free XP for entering? Even if I every get lucky and someday i eke in to the top 100 because i remained inactive....what am I gonna get...1 favor point?

If there was achievement that awarded some combo of SP, FP , Time reductions, coin, XP at diff levels such as 1 kill, 5 kills 50, 100 etc etc, or 100 attacks, 1000, 5000 etc etc....I would be entering arena to get those rewards whether it took me one arena of 5oo arenas. Most players want the rewards from achievements.....why wouldnt they go for these if the alternative is nothing until they get stronger and can actually compete in the arena?

Many players dont like doing bosses because the XP sucks.....but they still do them right up to the last achievement boss.....then many of them dont even put em out after that. Why? no more achievements. You can say the same thing about most achievements...even though a player doesnt particularly like or excel at particular aspect of the game.....they still usually go for the achievements. Seems to me the same would hold true for the arena. More activity in the arena is good all the way around

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  7. polishpimp

whether a player is inactive for legitimate reasons or not seems pointless, just like any other achievements in the game the player is going to actually have to participate to get them. Start times vary and we can start in D-mode....that gives everybody a chance at participating at some point.

8. Eraser

Eraser Member

What i mean polish... Is when i was at level 1100 with 1000 stamina, I was able to crank out over 100,000 attacks, never having to refill a single time.

The next arena entering at level 1350ish, I started to notice a big decrease of what i could do with my standard stamina alone. Lucky i was prepared, had stored loads of XP collects to use before arena, had an awesome startegy to keep moving, but then but alas, my XP collects did run out, and i found myself waiting around for the bonus rounds, just so I could keep attacking and leveling.

The second time i played I got 50,000 attacks, Half the amount of the time before at a lower level... and well Unless things line up where i can make a nice sized purchase. I can expect the number of attacks that i can dish out will easily be cut in half again.

It could work if the highest achievement for attacks in arena was still low... maybe 10,000 attacks. (for zs I have no clue what would be reasonable for other games.)

My rating stays the same 8. Stats on profile is a 10/10. total arena wins/losses/kills and highest rank.

The achievements... I see complications. maybe some numbers from an administrator would bump up my rating :)

9. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

i gave it a 10/10, i like the idea and i think it should be done.

10. slave

slave Member

I believe the world is coming to an end.......
    again polish is right.....(it hurts to say that....)
    when it comes to achievements, they have to be just that. An achievement. Not something someone can nail in one arena, oh maybe someone will get the first of a series of achievements in one arena, but again it should not be easy, they are ACHIEVEMENTS! something to work for and towards just as the veteran achievements are in the regular game, no one expects to hit 250,000 fight wins in a week.
    why should anyone expect to hit any arena achievement in one arena? it should be tough, it should be cumulative, and yes it will be much tougher for low to mid class level to earn them, is it any different in the regular game? but if they stay the course, sooner or later they will earn them just as they do in the game.

i started fighting late, im behind the curve on fight wins, should it get dummed down so i can get them now? no
    i started hunting late, im behind the curve on hitlist kills, should it get dummed down because i cant catch up? no
    but other things ive done well on, ive stayed on my challenges, i work on my attributes, im working towards achievements all the time, i would do the same thing in arena and regardless of how well or how poorly i did, i would continue to work towards arena acheivements in the same way i work towards the very difficult achievments in game.

i support arena achievements, participation achievements especially
    100 attacks in an arena 10 times
    1000 attacks in an arena 10 times
    10,000 attacks in an arena 10 times
    1 kill in an arena 10 times
    10 kills in an arena 10 times
    25 kills in an arena 10 times
    these are just an example of what participation awards could be like, make them harder, make them longer whatever
    but anythign like this would do nothing but encourage participation in arenas, and thats what we want right?

11. polishpimp

@ Slave. I appreciate your support and your common sense take on things...TY . I really like how u broke the achievements down ...very cool!

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

The suggested achievements where for x numer of attacks, and x number of kills in a single arena.

I suppose that I had not considered this to be in any way suggestion to be worked on over multiple arenas.

I always try to think outside the box, but sometimes Im typing away at 4 am lol.

I am in agreement with 10,000 attacks. those numbers could widley be reached without refills.

I guess thats why i struggle to go over 8 for the achievments.... All achievements that are existing in the game, all players are offered an equal chance to reach them. (With exception of original players having much dryer fightlist at the beginging levels than new players now.)

suggesting an achievement that would require a multiple refills, just does not fit, for ZS anyway. as it stands now, To have a "complete" zombie slayer, You would purchase 1 brawler hired squad, and 3 limited quanity items, a total of 121 favor points out of ever 150 levels that you gain. That does not leave too much play room, for aquiring the first 64 items, 5 pointman for your top squad, purchase of your "new" character, or the upgrades of topsquad you will need along the way.

If you want a complete game without paying in, You have to budget your favor points TIGHTLY in this age of the game :)

I would be more comfortable with achievements that where not tied to accomplishing them in a single arena, would have no problem with those going into radical amounts.

1,000 wins 1sp
    5,000 wins 2sp
    10,000wins 3sp
    25,000wins 4sp
    50,000wins 5sp
    75,000wins 6sp
    100,000wins 7sp 1un
    250,000wins 8sp 3un
    500,000wins 15sp 5un
    1,000,000 wins 15sp 10un
    1,500,000 wins 15sp 15un
    2,500,000 wins 15sp 20un
    5,000,000 wins 15sp 25un

1 kills 1sp
    5 kills 2sp
    10 kills 3sp
    25 kills 4sp
    50 kills 5sp
    75 kills 6sp
    100 kills 7sp 1un
    250 kills 8sp 3 un
    500 kills 15sp 5un
    1000 kills 15sp 10un
    1500 kills 15sp 15un
    2500 kills 15sp 20un
    5000 kills 15so 25un

Those numbers look Kanoey dont they? :)

numbers of course for zombie slayer! someone that plays the other games would have to suggest for them.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  13. polishpimp

Nice post. The only thing I would add is that the goal here is to get more players to participate actively, so I would add a category just for total attacks not just wins and I would also like to see some really low achievements to get them inactives moving in the first place

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

those starting numbers are low for zs anyway... We have much more stamina to play with :) I suppose thats why I said other achievement would have to be offered for the other games.

I would have received 48 skill points worth of achievements in the first arena that I participated in on thees numbers, but gained only 7 more on the next round.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  15. Sorry, but I don't want to feel forced to participate in the arena. And if achievements are added then I will indeed feel forced. If I play, I want to feel like it's by choice. I'm against adding any more achievements on general principles, much less to the arena which is supposed to be a side game anyway.

I did a little fighting in the last arena and the experience was average at best.

Frankly, if something is fun, I'll do it anyway. Why do I need to be rewarded beyond that? The experience itself is rewarding. And if it's not, then maybe that factor should be looked at. Giving me a carrot isn't going to make it any more fun to participate.

16. Eraser

Eraser Member

okay, maybe the XP for joining it should be taken away, so you dont feel "FORCED' to join too.

Sorry, the hundreds of lame targets laying around the arena is causing problems. the people that join, need to play.

17. No, they really don't. Besides, they're easy kills. I have no objection to taking away the bonus xp.

18. alka

alka Banned

I would agree with this. I would also add that low players Achievements would be in the hands of the higher level players, so in fact it would be the lower level players helping the higher levels to Achieve their rewards quicker!

BTW, I would be more than happy to see the xp to join removed as it will show a true picture of how many are really interested in playing it.

As for the 100's of so called "lame" targets around, if no one else is hitting them then the chances of increasing your heath by killing them is slim, thus making yourself an easy target in the process. That's of course if you have enough stam to kill them :(

19. polishpimp

feel forced? Do feel forced to play the game in general? Do u feel forced to do those silly challenges? Are u currently going after every other achievement in the game? If u are...is that because u enjoy every one of those aspects of the game or are u feeling forced? If u arent actively going after every other achievement....why is it u dont feel forced to go after them ?

20. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I agree with David. You can play the game in general and get the achievements. It doesn't matter what time zone your in or how much time you can spend playing the game, at some point you will work your way to getting all of the achievements. If the Arena was open to everyone at all times, then yes having achievements would be expected, but it's not. A lot of players have said it always starts at the wrong time for them to be able to play, putting in achievements is going to force them to log in at 3am so they are not missing out. Especially if it's skill points. Others just don't want to play, maybe they have low stam and are working for other things in the game, who knows.