[Other] arena stats and achievements

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Aug 10, 2012.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

i know the idea of leader board categories for the arenas has been tossed around but how about achievements? I think it would be decent idea to award achievements in categories such as attacks in a single arena, total attacks, kills in one arena , kills in total arenas, reaching a certain amounts of health etc etc

Achievements with skill points , FP and coin would be a great incentive for players not only to join but ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE in the arenas. Make the diff achievement rewards minimal in the beginning so we can have them more often.....that way the lazier less determined players will keep playing

obviously any achievement already surpassed should be awarded retroactively.

Ty for your consideration

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. I like it. And if anyone says they don't play or participate in the arena, the point is, awarding achievements would hopefully entice them to do so!!! And, even more important to me personally, maybe some of the deadbeats will play and save me the trouble of killing them myself. :)

3. polishpimp

lmao....already picking up the negative ghost votes, would love to hear how this one is a bad idea that wouldnt benefit everyone if they so wish. Gee....wonder who it was....LOLOLOLOLOL

4. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i think its a great idea even tho in most of the arenas i did not fair as well as this last one i was still in there fighting and doing my best i give it a 10

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

What achievement would you like to get skill points for?

6. polishpimp

doesnt matter to me.....attacks, kills, health, all or none? My whole objective is to get more to actually participate in the arena rather than just joining for the free XP and remaining inactive though the whole thing. Would be a good thing for more to join and more to actually participate. The end rewards and current xp just dont seem to be enough judging by all the inactives out there. Some of the categories would be cumulative so even if u didnt fare well in one arena your stats could carry over from one to the next.....eventually most would be hitting some achievements

The higher levels obviously have an advantage as they should.... is it a bad idea for the lower levels to get something out of it to while their working on becoming a higher level? Lets be honest...the lower levels that are active get knocked out real quick....whats their current incentive to keep being active when inactive lower levels seem to have a way better shot at rewards?

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

The reason i ask is because when it's skill points on offer, the achievement has to be realistically obtainable for every player to get, or it would be an unfair advantage.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

1 star.
    It's fine at is.
    You're just trying to make it so there's less inactives.
    It's not the inactives fault if you don't want to kill them off first.

9. polishpimp

\

each category could go from a low number to a high number just like every other achievement. Like i said in my OP I think the rewards should be very small for the beginning achievements so Kano could add more achievements along the way in order to keep players playing

10. polishpimp

wow....arent u a smart one....wish i could be like you !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  11. Is it your mission in life to disagree with Polish no matter how good his ideas are? You are nothing but a jealous wanna be. Grow up! Rewarding players to actually get them to play in the arena is good for all. You are disgusting in your efforts to be a spoiler.

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

hell of an idea, 10 stars here....idk how they would work out the achievements to be fair to all but they could start with number of attacks, total damage dealt...idk about kills cause that would mainly favor the higher levels but anything would be a start...im thinking kano would have to pile up a crap load of stats from every arena to really iron out achievements that would be fair to all but i think it would def make more people do more and by that i mean the actively inactive players that sit and watch and snipe and hardly do anything at all but benefit from the thousands of clicks of others.

13. slave

slave Member

No polish isnt trying to penalize or remove the non active players, he is trying to incentivize (not sure if that is a word) players who normally sign up for the xp but for whatever reason dont participate, maybe their strategy is to not level up, who knows. I too would encourage and do encourage everyone i talk to participate more. More participation means a better arena, plain and simple.

I really cant understand peoples reluctance to play, its geared to attacking, theres no limit to attacks and xp does not degrade over time so the payback is better than the real game....
    all you have to do is have some stamina, but your stamina imho will pay you more xp in arena than out.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp,I just think this is a horrid idea.
    Plain and simple.
    Don't get me wrong here,we still agree on some ideas how they're either good or terrible...
    This idea of yours just happens to be terrible.

Maybe borderline to self-serving rather than benefit everyone as a whole.

15. polishpimp

Thank goodness someone gets it...lol

I think the reasons are pretty clear why some dont participate more. The arena is obviously geared towards the players with better numbers which is usually the higher rated players. The majority of low to mid levels that are active usually get taken out fairly early because the are caught sniping a kill (good reason to not reveal the name of the one who got the kill), whats left is a vast majority of inactive low to mid level players that are killed mostly in order of who has the best kill reward, this leaves inactives with the worst numbers ranking much higher than those who actually were active early on. Knowing that as a low to mid level my best chances of getting the only current rewards in the arena was to remain inactive....it makes sense to remain inactive and move further up the ranks. Thats exactly why it makes sense to give these players an incentive to be more active as they can earn rewards along the way. The more active players playing the less inactive players will make it towards the end. If remaining inactive does not give u a better shot at ranking and rewards less than an active player.....it makes sense that more would become active

16. polishpimp

Horrible eh? care to explain why its horrible? do u think the arena is healthier and more fun with more inactives than actives? Scared of a lil competition are ya? Dont bother answering....its obvious u dont have a legit reason other than to be a spoiler

17. alka

alka Banned

This is another idea to benefit the high level players. What possible chance does a low level guy have of achieving anything from this idea.
    5 from me...

18. polishpimp

Thanks D. I realize my idea is rough around the edges ....but my examples are just a starting point to get players talking about how to make it a better experience for all. I play all Kanos games and speak from a perspective of all levels....obviously i dont need more of an advantage in VC or PC...but I also see how it is from the low level perspective in in MW and soon to be ZS (next arena....lol). The arena is AWESOME.....just a few lil tweaks here n there and it will be great for all regardless of level

19. polishpimp

They will actually have a reason to be active, up until now the rewards are just unrealistic unless they get lucky, give em a reason to actually play that are realistic in the form of of achievements. As of now they get nothing unless they place in the top 100,. With this idea.... cumulative stats that add up over multiple arenas will mean more as far as SP, FP and coin.....which also means more actives equals less inactives that prosper for nothing

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Sounds like something positive , I gave it a 10 as I have seen quite a few , mid level players play smart and come out in the top 10 in PC but I still would like to also see players who do" nothing" get removed from getting a ranking and a reward at the end, while others work their tails off.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012