Arena Perks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ace, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Ace

Ace Member

I was making a calculation to know when would I advance to the next Health Perk on an arena, and I found out something's not working as I expected, so I wanted to ask if it's meant to be that way.

It's supposed to work based on the % of the total skill points spent on Health, Attack and Defense.

When I made numbers based on total skill points spent, they didn't match with the perks. I'll post the example:

My Viking Clan has:
    1100 Energy
    700 Stamina
    23450 Health
    3632 Attack
    3632 Defense

Keeping in mind each Stamina point costs 2 skill points and each skill point adds 10 Health, that makes a total of 12109 skill points spent on my character. When I ask for Perk informations I get: Between 20-22.5% of skill points on Health, and between 32.5-35% skill points on both Attack and Defense.

When I calculated my exact skill points spent on those three stats, the results were different:
    19.36% for Health and 29.99% for Attack and Defense. In both cases, they're out of the range said.

I managed, however, to get it into the range mentioned by the Help by skipping skill points invested on Energy. It gave me as a result: 21.3% for Health and 32.99% for Attack and Defense, so I'm guessing that's how it's working.

I am, however, curious to know if it is intentional or not, and if it is, I would like to open a discussion, as Energy Accounts on Zombie Slayer would be taking a really big benefit out of this.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I believe its total percentage of skill points , even though energy and stamina dont have a perk....use still have SP invested in them, how much u have in each of these categories will still affect the percentages of the attributes that do have perks. If 2 players both have a total of 50k SP but one has 2k stamina and the other has 500 stamina the player with 500 is going to have a higher percentage of SP in their other attributes like Def and attack. Same goes for energy. This is precisely why Ive always said that higher levels are getting the shaft the way its set up, obviously the need for stamina increases dramatically at the higher levels as the XP needed to level more than doubles.

At one point the dev in charge of the arena acknowledge this issue and actually said they would work stamina into the formula some how in the form of a health perk...this never happened and we havent heard a word about it since even though its been brought up several times by myself and others

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Can't attack without stamina...there's your perk :)

Can't get those little early health bonuses without attacking :)

There's some health perks with it.

Indirectly it seems Kano did to some extent give stam a small health reward.

I know that's not it,but it seems like a little something was done.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LOL....having more stamina is no perk. The more u have the more it hurts every other category. Whether u have 5k stam or 4k stam u still have refills.....the player with 4k stam still gets a boat load of attacks/levels and gets much more benefit in the form of perks.

The way I see it is its Kanos way of punishing those who pay less....the more stam u have basically the less u need to pay to play.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Oh well,was worth a shot using that as the reasoning :)

Guess it was reverted last minute.

6. Ace

Ace Member

Yes, it makes sense, however, in the sum of stats that count in the perks, it would appear skill points invested on Energy aren't being kept into account when calculating the total of skill points spent. It would appear it makes the percentages based on skill points invested on Attack, Defense, Health and Stamina (even though it hasn't a perk, due to the explanations given above: stamina is key on the arena)

While on VC, PC and LCN Energy isn't a major stat (it helps you to build strong equipment) on Zombie Slayer it's an important stat to keep in mind in leveling up, and if someone has like half of their skill points invested on Energy they still can have high perks for Attack, Defense and Health as the energy isn't taken into account.