[LCN] Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jess

Jess Active Member

There has been a lot of feedback from players on the Battle Arena matter, many great ideas and suggestions. It seems though, Kano decided to pick the worst ones, and add even a few terrible of their own. This is what we get, when creators lack imagination and are a bit of greedy.

Now I know there are only a few players left in this game (Wonder why?), but fitting the needs of a few just because they make your bellies full isn't the way to go. At least I wouldn't go down this road.

This remake of BA seems - like said few post before this one - to favour the highest and richest players. If you want to keep this up, at least create a FTP BA and PTP BA. Although with the current amount of players both would be empty...

kevinmalo and Aapje like this.
  2. Vic

Vic Active Member

i'm going to reserve my judgment until i see how the rankings play out

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Knowing that this has been discussed for some time now, when alot of people play more than one game, we all need to keep our eyes open ,one game is not the world.

4. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Can't comment was in bed getting my beauty sleep and it looks like i'll be there doing the very same thing every 2nd BA

Aapje likes this.
  5. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

I had a score of 443,503:
    Your Rank is 51!
    Rewards include:
    4 fp
    $ 6,668,089,200,000
    534,477 xp
    During the Battle Arena you gained 3,337,850 XP!

SweetestAngel likes this.
  6. Geoff Heretic Wild

So out of the 1144 or so participants, only 371 actually participated.
    The rest had a score of ZERO.

7. Kind of makes my result seem insignificant.

Your Rank is 127! Rewards include: 2FP $2,683,618,755,000 429,219XP

8. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Surprisingly, I ranked. Not well if only that many played. Definitely have had better when people weren't excluded for all of us not living in the same time zone. Still not happy with the changes. It excludes too many players the way it is set up.

S E T H likes this.
  9. Clara Escriche

Clara Escriche New Member

If it's going to be 24 hours, then it should be set the other way around... if you get the most points in the brawl part, let that be 16 hours long, so at least almost everybody has the time to try and get points, and then 8 hours of sudden death...

10. I would like to say congratulations to Kano on yet another fail. Or a 'success', as their CFO would call it.

Remember when they put a cap on levelling to hinder players from flying up the levels? Seems like ages ago. They even told players to spend on weapons instead of doing levels as no way the (freebie) levellers would be stronger than the players who invest in items instead (which actually gave them time to play to main aspects of the game but that's another debate). Now they've open the gates: No limit on the spending = We give you the opportunity to do as many levels as you can manage in a day. This is now more relevant than ever when it comes to the Battle Arena. If the 3-stam slider wasn't giving the spenders an even bigger advantage (for the record: I've used that advantage myself a few times - Apologies), this new change certainly has made it virtually impossible to get a decent ranking without telling your missus that there won't be any christmas gifts for the children this year because the huge increase in your LCN budget.

Let's look at the stats of the winners. All credit to them for their efforts, but it shows you need upwards of 100k attacks and kills to even stand a chance at top 4. So not pay to get an advantage but pay huge amounts to stand a chance of a decent reward. Kano must be laughing all the way to the bank, even though just 300 players turned up for the event. Who cares about the game as long a few make up for the lack of interest in income for Kano.

Aapje, Guardian Angel, Jess and 2 others like this.
  11. Geoff Heretic Wild

Technically...it actually helps. As long as you can play sometime during the 8 hour brawling window that is. The old way you could be knocked out in the first hour...now you have up to 8 hours before you're out. It doesn't matter when you are knocked out now as well, I didn't get that at first, all that matters is how many points you score. Yes, people with deeper pockets will almost always be at the top...I used 40 fp's to get my score...gift of 4 back isn't great...but I did level up 6 times. I am curious how many fp's say those in the top 4 or 6 used to get those scores.

12. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

It helps but I have to agree with what Clara posted. A 16 hour brawling window is much better than an 8. With the old way, if you were set to play with defense enabled when it first started, your chances of not going out within the first hour were good. I don't agree with the fact that it excludes people from playing because of where they live. Everyone should be able to play. Those that were unable to play this one because of the timing have also dropped a lot of cash into the game.

Geoff Heretic Wild likes this.
  13. Geoff Heretic Wild

I agree, maybe Kano will meet us half way? Make it 12 and 12?

14. Mo Warrin

Mo Warrin New Member

Well, after playing this round, there is no doubt Kano has favored the credit card players, once again. There is no further skill needed in BA. To rank in the top 5% of players, just spend your money to buy stamina and attack anyone and everyone! Who cares if you die. You regenerate in 30 minutes so you can attack more...AND SPEND MORE MONEY TO BUY STAMINA! I am growing bored with credit card players and this game.

15. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

I love the new BA, way better than the old system.
    + everyone should be able to participate (come in sudden death if u dont make the brawl phase - or vice versa)
    + you can revive in the brawl phase so everyone can get their score points up
    + the score system: its so good. Finally actions get rewarded and not just sitting there hiding.

true blood and Kirsten like this.
  16. Pros:
    - Every level can get a shot at top spots - As long as you're willing to spend heavily (upwards of 500 GF per round)
    - You get to play hours after it started - although you need to be available for both rounds which could be an obstacle for most

Cons:
    - The revival feature severily increases the number of attacks the big spenders can do in a do and thus gives them more XP than they ever dreamt of from one round of BA - Which means the difference between the big spenders and the others will increase even more
    - Just like raids there are no cap on how much money you can spend on them and how many levels that can be done in one round (we could see people going from level 6000 to 7000 in just two days using raids and BAs - Great job Kano!)
    - You can't do well by actually being a tactical player (poacher, plan loadout and skills used etc.) - it's all about making it rain towards the Kano HQ
    - Seriously, you can't get a good rank by playing the feature well
    - I'm not joking! You can't!
    - If you have spent time and skills to set up your character for BA over the years - This is now sadly a dead end unless you added stam, stam and stam

Since Kano seems to only be interested in heading in the direction which leads to "Big spenders left: Who cares? They cover the lack of income of the departed players - they even top it!", let's suggests some new additions that will further help them on their way. I can start with:

1. Buy skill points. This is essential to keep a big spender interested. At the same time the non-spender should not get 5 skill points when they level. Serves them right, those tight-arses. Shall we say 50 GF per skill point, 100 if it's stam?

2. Buy batch of levels instantly. Let's say 5000 GF for 1000 levels. This is tailor-made for the big spender that really don't have time nor the interest to play the game but still want to be the highest level. Just the consumer segment that seems to be the main priority (ref. the leaked marketing plan for Kano).

3. Increase mob size from 2000 to 10000. From 1000-9000 the cost of 1 hired gun should be 100 GF.

FYI Kano: I won't charge you for this detailed plan.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Aapje, thor persson and WendelinR like this.
  17. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Ok I have to admit I like your humour Capt'.
    I find it truly amazing how lil old men and women for that fact can muster up some 90k+ attacks....Cough Cough!

18. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

The second idea is good. I would buy a batch of lvls instantly since I don't have so much time to play.

19. Sick Em

Sick Em New Member

Nice work KANO you have ruined another aspect of the game. This new BA format is Bull Shit. It all comes down to who wants to spend the most. I will not be playing in any further BA's. I spent money to prove my point. Had I played in the first 8 hours and spent about 40 more bucks, I could have won and it would have cost me over $100. Pad your pocketbook while you can cause this Dog will be looking at a new game instead of one that keeps heading further down the shitter. New BA = Epic failure

20. Sick Em

Sick Em New Member

Said perfectly, no strategy at all and set up to pad KANO's pocket book. Normal people use the common sense that "if it isn't broke, don't fix it." KANO uses the philosophy "If it works well, let's fook it all up and try to make our customers pay more."

Jess and thor persson like this.