[KanoPlay] Arena defensive stance glitch

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by polishpimp, Jan 12, 2014.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Although ive both suspected this myself and have heard many other reports of this happening...i always kinda figured it was user error...that is definitely not the case this last time and I now suspect it hasnt been the case on many occasions.

during the last arena i put myself in defensive stance. Yes...im sure i was in defensive stance as i was monitoring it and refreshing to see if i was still being hit...i did this for several minutes and was definitely in defensive stance. I then left the arena for a very short bit and came back to find myself out of defensive stance and that i had incurred a large amount of damage i would not have otherwise had i still been defensive stance. The game for some reason auto took me out of defensive stance.

I really dont give a crap about PC since u guys Fd me over in that game but that doesnt change the fact that this a serious glitch and although ive never experienced it in VC (rarely use Def. stance)....Ive heard many reports that it has and it has indeed happened to me in ZS and MW as well. Considering the time and resources some put into the arenas not to mention simple fairness....this needs to be addressed immediately. Thanks

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey polish,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I've made the developers aware of this and we'll look into it.

Just to play the devil's advocate, are you sure that you didn't run out of Defensive Stance time? ;)

3. ben

ben Active Member

i would of killed him if he did ... but i sure did take a lot of health out of him i no that ... befor he got back in d mode ... if that helps you any ...

4. polishpimp

LOL. Im 100% positive I didnt run out. I had only been in it for a few minutes at the time and as Ben said...I went back into it shortly after. Ty for having it looked in to

5. Eric

Eric Administrator

Can you please detail the steps and approximate times to recreate this issue, example:

-10 minutes after the arena started I enabled def. stance
    -Monitored for a few minutes
    -Left the game and returned after 10 minutes
    -Found defense stance was turned off, re-enabled defense stance about 30 minutes into the arena.

6. polishpimp

Being that it was 2 days or so ago i cant be that time specific. Fortunately the number of players that were attacking me was pretty minimal so u may be able to tell from your end by looking at my feed and knowing a few details. I went into defensive stance for the first time very shortly (seconds) after be notified via the game that I was being attacked for the very first time. I believe i went in and out a a couple of times after that and then decided to stay as the attacks persisted. I monitored it for a few minutes and then left only for a couple of minutes to do other game related stuff. At the time I left i was over 2 billion health...when i came back i had approx 1.2- 1.4 billion health. I dont know how much arena history u guys keep track of but considering the minimal amount of attackers and the fact i was going into def stance after only a small number of attacks prior...I would think the window in which i lost so much health would be pretty easy to spot. When i noticed what happened and re-engaged def stance i think i still had 50-60 minutes left...after i ran that time out I allowed the same persons to hit me down and then proceeded to hit another player for XP and to give them my kill reward

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  7. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the info! we'll look into it and see if there are any issues. Also another couple of questions:
    -in the first post you mentioned refreshing the page to see if you were being hit to determine defensive stance status, did you confirm that the def. stance button state was enabled or that your outgoing attacks were disabled.
    -in the last post - how were you notified via the game that you were being attacked in the arena.

8. polishpimp

Yw. In regards to refreshing....I was referring to refreshing my feed to see If I was continuing to be hit. I was also refreshing the arena page by clicking on the battle arena tab to refresh the number of players left and the name of the last person who attacked me which is located under my health bar(the last attacker has always been slow to update itself in this location). In addition ....I was also refreshing to try and fix my defensive stance timer(which was clearly visable and counting down). When I say "fix" im referring to the timer glitch that has been around forever and reported many times. The timer will often flash/blink and display 2 different times. In the past if memory serves there was usually a 5 min diff in the flashing times....but this time it was a diff of only a minute or two. Needless to say but not only is the timer thing annoying but it can certainly have a negative impact having 2 diff times displayed when it only takes a couple minutes or even seconds to end up dead.

My apologies...when referring to being notified via the game I meant I refreshed the page to update my latest attacker under my health bar. Would be nice if that updated a lil faster so we didnt have to constantly be running to our feed . Seconds count when being attacked by 1 or even more players who r using the attack slider.

just to follow up on the timer thing.....playing the zs arena tonight and im currently in def stance...its currently flashing between 35 min and 17 min. left... how is one to tell which one is accurate? In addition the time left in the arena is also doing the same thing...the only diff being the times are only about a min. apart.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  9. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks, from our latest review there is nothing that would create an 'auto disable' or 'short lived time' of the defensive stance feature but we will be monitoring this functionality in the next arenas for any errors. Additional feedback has been added on the enable/disable actions which should help verify the state. The timer issues are a part of a bigger page/refresh issue which we'll be prioritizing, currently to correct this you'll need to do a full browser page reload, thanks for raising the issue.

10. polishpimp

ok...Thanks Eric.

While i got your attention......Another strange thing happened while playing the ZS arena. I had only one player saved to my save list...I went to save another. The player i was going to add to my save list was at the bottom of my rival list so my save list was clearly visible. When I clicked to save the new target it indeed saved it but it also seemingly eliminated my previously saved target. I noticed it as it happened so i then clicked to save the same player again and the player who i had previously saved returned to my list . In the end they both ended up there but had i not noticed it immediately i fear it would have been permanently lost. As i normally have many on my save list nor do i usually pay very close attention to it Ive no idea whether this was a one time occurrence...just figured Ide let ya know