[VC] Anonymity in Viking Clan Arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kicks Axe the PMS Princess, Dec 19, 2012.

1. The addition of Arena in Viking Clan has added a fun change of pace. :)

The ability to pick a new name and play anonymously was a great idea. I would like to suggest this be taken one step further. When you pick your name for each new Arena why not offer the option of a new avatar for that session as well? This way you can choose not only which type of character but also which sex your character will be. This will make it much more difficult to determine who is who.

Thank you for your consideration.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The thing is, the anonymity thing only helps the mid to lower level players and does nothing for the higher levels, The change of avatar would just be more of the same and just be overkill. Now if they could mask the higher levels as well.....they would be on to something...lol. I just dont see the point in its current form.

3. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

It doesn't matter what i call myself, people always know it's me because of my health reward.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Dont show kill reward?????

5. polishpimp

basically the only way would be not to show most if not all stats, which would present a whole other set of probs especially for the lowers

6. Actually I am not a low player and I am spotted very quickly due to my female avatar.

7. Combine my kill reward with my female avatar and my regular rivals are on to me very quickly.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Kill reward alone is enough if you're a high level.

Take me in PC arena..I'm pretty easy to spot(as Pimp well knows)cause of kill reward...

Not sure which network your on....

9. I play on facebook if that is what you mean? There are a lot of fairly high level players but not a lot of female ones who play arena.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

All it takes really is kill reward..once that's seen and they know its you..you're pretty much screwed..it don't take much to calculate how far up that reward moves..

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

the ONLY way to make the arena what it was and IS intended to be is to keep it completely anonymous...dont show avatars, kill rewards, stats of other players during an active arena...NOTHING but a name. if kano truly wishes to make it a free for ALL then that is the only way for them to truthfully say its a fair playing field for most...the way it is now, you have the same people winning week in and week out unless those winning all the time choose not to play or cant play. most people only join it now just for the easy leveling without healing, i know i do...or i knock out any higher levels i can for the exp and let friends get the reward and my kill as well. its a cool idea but flawed in many ways

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Your anonymity isn't a good thing. This game is supposed to be about strategy so let people use it. If I want to find out who's weak and pick off the easy chew toys first, then I will. If I want to keep an eye on a fairly tough opponent that seems to be having bad luck with getting the final shot in, I will. Different builds have different strategies. Stop complaining because someone else has a better strategy than you. Building myself up, as I just passed level 1000 while in the last ZS arena I made it to top tier for the first time. Instead of complaining about who's winning every single time why don't you adjust your strategy, get in a team and work your way up to win for once? I'm sick of people basically saying "Kano people are doing better than me change the game!". If you're not doing so well in a game then just change the way you play it.

“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
    ― Charles Darwin

13. polishpimp

LOlL * I didnt hear a bit of complaining in Demoniks post, * in *fact he has enjoyed a great deal of success in the arena both by himself and in a team like environment. * I believe he was simply speaking matter of factly. * Teamwork is a big part of the arena and does afford the *low to mid levels a shot and I m 100% cool with that, * but I dont believe that was Kanos intent initially. * There is nothing Kano can do to stop outside communication so they were basically *forced to roll with it. * I believe they actually mentioned something about that here in the forums that they could not prevent it so they publicly encouraged it so all would have the same opportunity.

WTH is up with all the asterisks in my post? weird to say the least

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  14. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Yeah he said it was flawed himself. I was just voicing my personal opinion since it has been mentioned before. It just seems there has been so many ideas about making it more anonymous to help and it just hurts teamwork trying to make it more "fair"

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yes * I will say the same bout Demonik* that he * is a straight out * player that can hold his * own.

Yeah Kano * cant stop * outside communication but * whatever since that is * key to * winning * alot of the * time *.

But teaming * up as proven * time and time * again shown it benefits * the * high levels * not * lower.

But who's * complaining bout it? *

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I'm voting a 1 as the idea won't have any effect.

Kill reward is enough to determine regardless of avatar.

17. Demonik1

how about just having 2 diff arenas? they run roughly every 10 days or so, right? how about one being the way it is now and the next being the totally anonymous one? idk if this would be difficult to impliment or not but if it wouldnt be that hard to do then why not try that out for a month or so and see how it plays out? it would actually be a simplified version of the arena thats already in place with no searching or saving targets just everyone for themselves killing whoever you can. it would also break up the monotany of the same arena layout for people that have already grown bored with it. i know that i was excited about it for the first few or so but after that it became just an easy leveling ground for me to gain a bunch of levels and battle drops in a few hours, no excitement, nothing to look forward to...just another part of the game. thats pretty much how most look at it now, especially the lower levels that gain levels quickly...thats their only excitement towards it. also, on a different note, how about changing up the rewards slightly? i think every player thats active should get something out of it if only exp...at least shell out 1 favor point for every 10 you use on a refill. for people that dont spend money, those fps are hard to come by

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

The point of arena is to make you spend money. It's a business, and if you spend money you deserve to have an advantage.

19. Demonik1

are you for real? please tell me that was sarcasm lol idc if you spend your whole paycheck on fps for an arena, that alone doesnt give you the right to anything but lots of stamina refills. why dont you ask polish how many arenas i did just as much clicking and killing as he and jj did or more and finished below them...spending more money or fps than anyone else doesnt give any one person the right to an advantage in the arena...if thats your train of thought then you need to look into a new strategy my friend

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL Well said DEMONIK, NO ONE should say I invested $ so "I' get advantage over another, they should have an advantage already! $ you have invested to make you able to win the arena or come close to the top.