[KONG] Allow us to make bosses PRIVATE!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JARVIN, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

it is very aggravating to see players getting drops from my bosses that are killing me each day. i can see why this was done initially, but hasn't Kong been around long enough where this is no longer necessary? PLEASE allow us to keep NON-MOB from getting into our bosses!

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I play sometimes on KONG VC, are you talking about posting it to World Chat and no option to turn off public sharing?

3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

no. i don't post anything to world chat or game chat, otherwise i get immediately listed. i'm talking about when you click on the "ask for help" button when you're in the boss. even if you have it set to private, anyone can join, regardless of how it's posted.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think (and I'm doing a forum deep dive to see if I've posted this elsewhere) it has to do with the Raid Tabs in the Kongregate chat. Bosses get pulled into that chat and people can access them regardless of what conditions we set in our game, which is why we haven't implemented a private toggle before now.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Ah, I wasn't aware of if they got a hold of link somehow could join. That is messed up :confused:

6. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

don't worry about doing a deep dive. if that's the case, can't you just sever the link to the raid tab? no other help requests end up there, so why do bosses go there?

7. greatM

greatM Active Member

I've heard the same way back, a player asked how that was happening that played on kong. Someone who played on Kong posted in our armada chat, when using asking for help the boss get posted in the Raid tab feed if you are a kong player.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's part of the Kongregate side so I'm not sure would could just sever the link, it's part of all the "MMO" style games on that network. I can reach out to our "kongtacts" (heh) and see what is possible. :)

9. Vic

Vic Active Member

i'm not sure that i understand this. so all MMO games on Kong have bosses that are posted to a raid tab? and why aren't challenge helps and job helps posted to the raid tab, only bosses?

10. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

If you send out a request for help or assistance it is no longer private. The only way to make it private is to individually send the boss link to those you wish to share with and then hope they respect the fact you do not want them to share the boss. Basically to make it private requires quite a bit of effort not just the click of a button. Myself I usually leave my bosses worth sharing in my syndicate chat and syndicate messages for a couple of days and when they are done with it and I am done I open it up. Sadly I do not have many desirable bosses so I tend to open them up and welcome anyone willing to join and do damage. That's just me though.

11. Vic

Vic Active Member

that's the solution? how long does it take you to send the link individually? that almost sounds as bad as sending gifts.

12. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i tried this, and it takes forever to send out the individual link to multiple players. it sounds like there won't be anything done about it. so i guess i'll just have to deal with enemies killing me every day getting drops from my bosses, too.

13. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I have had no problems keeping my bosses private. I post to my syndicate only and I send the link in PMs only to those people I want to share it with. The people who I share my bosses with know I would appreciate it not being shared unless I give specific approval. I guess I am so used to the bosses being "public" if you have the link, the effort to keep them private has become something I do out of habit and do not need to actually think about it doing it.

14. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Kill your bosses yourself if you must. Unless you're an incredibly high level the drops probably aren't helping your enemies all that much and they'd probably just get them somewhere else if not from you.

15. Vic

Vic Active Member

what is the answer to this question?