[Other] All War Modes: end declanning and reclanning for war points.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kel the Merciful King, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

It has come to my attention that for various reasons, guilds are asking or people in them are demanding of their clan, to declan for the purpose of getting war points - this is all written in Viking Clan language I apologize.

The war rules have no rules here. As a result, people are allowed to declan for friends, or are forced to for unfriendly people, to exchange or gain their war points. The message might be friendly: "You wanna declan for wps?" or it might be less so "I am declanning you for wps. You can reclan if you like", or a feeder guild that is not in war mode but that provides a non war mode environment, is put temporarily into war mode, and people are declanned and reclanned in the guild "organization."

I believe that the individual game has to be maintained and while part of the game is social and people do have allegiances, etc, no one should really pressure clan relationships yet it is now occurring for what I would call dirty wps.

I also believe creating a guild structure and manipulating as mentioned, also is against the spirit of the war game mode.

So simple rule to be enabled by the software engineers: you declan during a season a clan, you cannot gain any warpoints from that former clan. Further to prevent manipulation, this should be for 2 full seasons. Kano said they could do such magic and for us not to worry about it.

With the duress I have seen applied by a major guild to others in threats to not just clan but to the guild of that clan to cooperate, I think if the war rules negated any benefit, the duress and threats would go away. The people who apply such threats to others if reported, should be sanctioned, a separate issue, that most people would not want to be involved with i.e. there is fear out there.

The rule change would make it simple.

I am in favour of ending declanning and reclanning for any warpoints. Make it so Kano.

Refine the idea, discuss please!

Kel

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. Suzie

Suzie Member

I agree 100% ! It is needed to keep the war above board and a fair fight to win! If unclan and are in war mode, no points should be available to either of the players for that current season and yes into the next season. Some people are getting intimidated and feel they have no choice but to go along with the unclanning and reclanning after the points, as they do not want to become a target in the game. Many don't even step forward as a complaint in fear the one's who are intimidating them, will find out and they will have to suffer the consequences. If they could privately lodge a complaint of such actions, knowing they will not be revealed... and knowing it can and will be dealt with, more would come forward. If no points were made available to those who want to unclan while they are in war mode ... those who do not wish to be bothered or being intimidated by such actions, will no longer have this issue to deal with or have to tolerate it for what ever reasons. Removing the availability for more points by being unclanned would clear up this issue and problem for many in this game.

3. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I agree Kel...I also have witnessed this very issue MANY times as have members of my guild...many if not all of in our guild have been touched by this issue...Some kindly ask we if we mind ...some as you said just say Im unclanning for war points..all in all its wrong... I have had some come to me and say..the whole process of unclanning JUST to get war points is wrong ...it breeds hate between those who used to be friends and clan...it puts many in a bad situation as you stated too...being ordered by their guild leaders to do so...I dont want to hear this doesnt happen...IT DOES ! ...i have been on the unclanned side myself...all in all its to gain war points yes..but to allow them to reclan after is wrong..It shows those guilds cant put up war points without this...too bad for them..We have also noticed that their may be feeder guilds as well..i think these guilds should be staying in war mode for the remaining of the season..no in and out of war mode !!!..Im rating your suggestion a 10 ! ....Kano be done with this !....

4. Groote Ravensfeeder

Groote Ravensfeeder New Member

Greetings all..

To me the idea of declanning for points and the use of phantom guilds jumping in and out of WAR mode seems wrong. War mode has merely become a points fest and i struggle to see any similarities to how "I" would perceive a viking war. Which after all is what Viking clan is..portraying a Viking clan in a viking game.
    It now seems being clan means nothing and the action of clanning has been belittled to insignificance. Wheres the honour, respect and loyalty im sure Vikings would of portrayed.
    Would a Viking or group of vikings deliberately exile and kill their friends to win a war then kiss and make up. I think not... If at all it would be some time before their clans would see eye to eye again.. Once one is declanned i feel a very lengthy period of time (a month at least) should elapse before any chance of reclanning should be available. The same should apply for those that declan for the purpose of bounty hunting friends...draw your own parallels but this is how i view this game. Would it play out like this in a Viking Realm?... my opinion only.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i dont have a long drawn out thought on this, 10 from me... i removed a bunch of friends for the wars and just recently added them all back...it was a friendly declanning but i didnt like it and will not remove friends for points...money on the other hand is a diff story ;p but we all do that to try and keep the coin out of enemy hands and i prefer a friend to get my kill and coin every time :]