[PC] Adventure Help

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Gunny from PC, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LINCOLN-ECHO

LINCOLN-ECHO New Member

alright since you FEEEL that it wont work then why not do it for 10 fps gives you 60 now you cant say no to that. but I give this a 10:cool:

2. I find it very interesting that the #1 and #3 players on MS PC object this option. I was just wondering if there something they are concerned about helping others. If not what really is the objection to increasing the number of people you can help?

3. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Thank you, so much for all of your responses. Since you can only post for adventure help once, I'm not sure how picking up their game would help? And not everyone can be on, PC for a lengthy amount of time, so for those that can't be, is it fair that they lose out on the allotted amount of help they could get, should this restriction be lifted? I honestly feel our being able to help more then 30 friends (with no extra rewards) would be beneficial to many.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

For me personally with close to 2,000 clan of real peeps , 30 is quite enough lol between gifts, I think it is 100 ,challenges , adventures, bosses they get my complete attention

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Ditto Linda.

6. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

The intent of this idea isn't meant to burden anyone. In fact, it can ease your load since you can send gifts quickly via helping with adventures. Continue helping only 30 friends if that is what you choose, but lift the limit (with no extra rewards) for those of us who don't mind helping more.

7. Angel or Not

Angel or Not Member

I feel helping as many Pirates/Clan that need help is what 50% of the apps are about..clan is plural...if it is implemented and you choose Not to use yer allotted helps then don't... it won't affect yer game in anyway...but with respect to anyone that chooses to use more then by all means click away:)

The rating's on this idea look favorable...I don't see being able to help more is a "negative" or a "hindrance" in anyway...and the recipient of the help I know would welcome the change...I sure would welcome the chance to be more of a help....especially for those that do work or have limited time on the apps.

And as was posted earlier the Adventure help/Gifts/Challenges have been upped a few times already, reflecting the need to advance clan in the game as a plus!

Change is Good, it's when you don't change that things become stagnant... I still stand by my rating it a "10" ;)

8. LINCOLN-ECHO

LINCOLN-ECHO New Member

they are replying like that cause of are name not the game. they dont matter anyway

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Wouldn't matter who posted this,even if Ben posted it,I'd be giving a 1.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Adven help and challenge help.

2 separate types of helps,and as a result,vary from each other.

Challenge help:after 50 helps,exp degrades down until it reaches 1 xp for all remaining challenge helps in a 24hr span.

Adven help:after 30 helps,you're cut off for 22hrs.

Exactly how it should be.

Someone with ALOT of real clan can already still gain alot of exp even off the 1xp challenge helps.

Add in 1xp adven helps...yeah...thats about double the exp there.

And if the additional adven help ventured 0 exp,what's the point??

Not trolling,seriously asking the point in that.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I gotta agree TP if there is a limit any limit and then you want to go past the limit you want the game to recognize that you have hit your limit but the person you are helping has not why not let someone who can benefit helping someone do it , you would just be taking a spot from someone who can benefit and it goes both ways, I seriously doubt kano would do what you have suggested.And I think it could very well cause a inbalance.

12. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

If the friends I have were getting their allotted amount of "adventure" help then I would never have proposed this idea. I have no hidden agenda, I simply would like to help. If this is construed as my "taking a spot away" it was not my intent. Nor is it my intent to cause an in-balance in the game which only a, Kano administrator would know for sure. So, I propose that they now weigh in least this thread does become an avenue for trolling. Unless, of course you have a different debate that you haven't already mentioned several times? If so, I will respectfully respond.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  13. ben

ben Active Member

you got it right linda it would be an inbalance in the game and taking away from other players...

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It is fine to post ideas , we all do ,not all can be done or should be done, and yes Kano is the one to decide , for sure. as well as whether they come here and say anything is also up to them. :) But we are having a good discussion about it and that is nice . :) I only gave my opinons :)

15. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The idea that allowing players to help an unlimited amount of players with their adventure would some how cause an imbalance is ridiculous. Its already been mentioned numerous times that the person "helping " would not get any additional XP or coin after a certain point much like challenges. Does unlimited challenge helps cause an imbalance? If so...why has Kano left that in play for so long?

The fact is that this is a simple idea that would be easy to implement with no ill effects. These are social networking games where people are supposed to be able to help people. Not everyone has 2k clan...everyone has to start somewhere. At the very very least the number of helps should increase with ones level.

16. Eraser

Eraser Member

I actually hate to disagree with polish, and take more on TP side.

but in this instance. It can take me hours to get my outbreak helps (even tho I dont try very hard)

Specific people helping more than 30, with the limit of 20 on each would result in me never getting my 30 just because I dont really prioritize that part of the game.

Im all for raising the number of helps we can do as long as they are still limited, and the number of spaces available to be helped with on each job is also raised.

The way its set up now is already a calculation for people not being able to hit their limit.

100 people post helps, 2,000 help spaces available.

100 people want to hit their 30 limit. 3,000 needed spaces.

(thats how it is on zs anyway)

17. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Ben, I respectfully disagree. No where in this thread has it been asked to increase the amount of help you are allotted for your adventure. Kano, has already designated this amount so it is doubtful, should everyone get this designated amount, that it would cause an in-balance the game. However, as I said, Kano are the only ones to know for sure...I won't pretend I am an expert in what will or will not in-balance a game.

Secondly, you can clearly see pages of friends asking for adventure help yet they aren't receiving it. Therefore, all I have suggested is that we be allowed to help more than 30 friends (with no extra rewards) in order to help them achieve theirs. I cannot see how this will "take away from other players" and imo will probably help them more then hinder them.

18. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I get it that it may be possible that some might not get all there helps in if the number of helps was indeed increased or made limitless, especially in the games with fewer players. But does it matter that some prioritize that aspect of the game differently than others....isnt that on them just like any other part of the games? Does the fact that some prioritize differently outweigh the fact that some may not get all the help they need? A player can only receive as much help as others are willing to give, where as a player who wants to help is only limited by themselves and the time they dedicate to that aspect. My experience regardless of the game or player counts as that its no more difficult to get help than it is to find players to help(but i also have full clan in every game), so personally I think it would be on the fairer side that players get all the help they need because they have no control over who helps rather then the opposite where the onus is entirely on the player themselves.

19. That has to be the most convoluted bunch of double talk I have seen in a long time. Let me see if I simplify it for those that do not understand how the helps work.

Today's education on how all of the helps work:

Gift request: (Yes if you are requesting it is help.) You can give a max of 100 Gifts in one day which is 100 clan members. There are no restrictions on what gifts you give them if you give one or 100. There is no restriction on how many gifts you request or even (to my knowledge) on how many people can give you these gifts. In essence you can acquire unlimited gifts restricted only by the number of clan members you have and how many help you.

Share boosts: Yes again this is a help because you are putting it out there for a max of 20 your clan members can use per time that you put it out there. Now if you figure you can put one out about every five hours that is five times in one day. Now I know that I grew up with the old math but last time I checked 5X20=100.

Battle Help: Now this is one that breaks from the pattern a little bit by breaking the 100 restriction, but it is still help. This help technically is unrestricted. You are only limited by the amount of stamina you have, the number of real clan members you have and how many request help. Even then if you pay for it you can continue to refill your stamina. This gives you the ability to attack those people that are on the list non-stop as long as the continue to heal and they are within you range. This means you are getting unlimited points for attacking them.

Elite Captains: Limited only in three ways, you can only have five in your elite. Second you can only help ALL of your clan members every two days if you helped them all at once. Third you can only be in their elite once.

Boss Help: Yet another one with technically no restrictions. You again are not restricted on how many of your clan members you can help. There is not even a restriction on how many times you can help them in one day. Just keep buying stamina and have a grand old day until they run out of bosses for the next four days.

World Boss Help: Okay I guess this one in my opinion should not be there. You are either going to attack the available World or you aren't. This I do not really consider helping your clan members out. Still there are no restriction except for how often you can attack them.

Challenge help: We know what the "restrictions" are here. You are limited to full points for the first 50 clan members you help. After that you have unlimited points just not full points to gain based off the number clan members you have.

Adventure Help: The one that is truly restricted unfairly in my opinion. You are restricted to helping ONLY 30 clan members period. No reduced points, no buy more help ability nothing.

So lets sum this all up for you. No matter how you try to spin it help is help regardless of how you request it or put it out there. As I see it right now there are truly only two of the helps that are really restricted. Adventure help and Boosts shares. So I hope that helps those that do not understand what helps are or how they work in Pirate Clan.

20. Eraser

Eraser Member

I didnt vote this, as its listed for a game I dont play, and just by reading the thread, Althought the rules are the same on it, There is an obvious difference on the end result.

There are very few in my squad that do not get full help, and they are the ones that have next to no game friends.

as it usually takes me between 8-12 hours to complete my daily helps this is what would lead to me filling those spots. (by me)

bring back the old rule, after 6 hours have passed, you may help that same person again, so long as its withing your limit of 30 helps.

For the most part, everyone I see gets thier limit on being helped within an hour, myself included. But i see this hindering people with a low friend count from being able to get thier limit on helping, than helping them get the limit on being helped.

and as I mentioned, its already leaned in that favor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.