Across the board or not at all...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JARVIN, Jan 21, 2015.

1. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

a while ago, my game name was changed because it was deemed "offensive". in reviewing today's forums posts, i see both foul language and inappropriate forum names and pics (not to mention a general tone of "snarkiness"). if you're going to enforce something, do it across the board. if you're not going to change anyone else's "offensive" forum or game name or reset/remove pics, then change mine back to what it was. it is amazing to me that they spend time on this when they have all of these complaints (both founded and unfounded) and they chose to single me out for something as silly and subjective as this instead. and don't tell me to contact support, i already did and it is clear what Kano's stance is for what they did to me. well, as clear as it can be with the doublespeak that they use. unfortunately, i didn't learn how to speak Kanoese in school.

Lucifer likes this.
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I agree with ya 100% guess it depends who you are when it comes to that or bans, seem some can get away with almost anything, while others? do seem to get singled out for whatever reason o_O

JARVIN likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The forums and Support are two different environments and I typically go for a "looser" atmosphere in here because I want people to feel like they can speak their mind (to a degree). In the past the mods and I were a bit more stringent about what we removed but I let up on that a few months ago.

So what flies in the forums might not fly with Support and the reverse is true as well. If there's something you feel I should take a closer look at, please use the built in Report tool which can be seen when you mouse over someone's post.

George Burd likes this.
  4. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

it amazes me what gets by and what gets banned... some game names are very offensive and get through the cracks while others that aren't offensive at all get yanked...

JARVIN likes this.
  5. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

tell me about it. i reported one just to see what would happen. i got a response thanking me for bringing it their attention and saying they would look into it. i guess the player was too far away for them to see, because of course nothing happened. i would post the name i had here to see if anyone here is offended by it, but the post will probably be edited or removed for violating the rules.

6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i have to laugh at this (even though it's not funny). i have been banned multiple times, not for alts, not for gameplay, but for "offensive" game names and posts only my "friends" should have been able to see. my name has been changed so many times i gave up and finally left it at the last one they changed it to. i'm now currently chatbanned--again--for no reason. i'm tired of pleading my case and opening tickets to get my privileges reinstated, so i just won't chat anymore. i recently found out that all the speakers that i had earned for being a daily player (when not banned) were taken away from me, so who gives a crap anyway? what's funny is that i see offensive posts in chat everyday, but the posters are still allowed to post in chat every day (except for me--i'm the worst "offender", i guess).

7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Haven't speakers been removed for everyone? That's what I remember reading somewhere.

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes Chat is free now on FB like it was on the other platforms.

9. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

and again... i guess JARVIN SAYS GO SMOKE SOME ROPE wHINEY isn't appropriate, either. and since this is a "looser" atmosphere in the forums, it's okay to post it here, correct?

10. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

and the one before was even more obscure JARVIN WILL POUND YOUR STRANGE

11. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i don't even know if anyone here even knows where that reference comes from or what it means (it's NOT game related or a slam against any particular player or syndicate)

12. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i suppose i can expect my forum account to be banned now? which is funny, because i don't even think that the player that reported me has a forum account or even goes to the forums without one, so he'll never see these posts.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

WOW, upset a bit? I understand your frustration, but a little bit over board.
    A while ago I copied a game name to post in world chat "PeckerGoblin" and it said do not use obscenities, I was in awe on this how can have a game name, yet can't simply copy the link/paste it? Response from a ticket was of no help either, saying name was created before filter or something like that.