Abuse on Boss Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Raforta Stronghawk, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Will also add the ability that if a user made the post they can delete it as well.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Sweeeeet!!!! Sounds great, ty kano!!!

3. My thanks to Kano for acting on this and lets hope it works -

4. Dolly

Dolly New Member

I beg to differ with you on this point. Retaliation runs rampant. I was the first to be a victim of these boss comments and Kano did nothing about it. The Viking who wrote something extremely vile about me is one of your clansman. That was about six months ago and he is still playing. no sanctions. He didnt just change a letter of my name, or call me stupid, he told me to perform a sexual act on him. So when you feel you and yours are blameless, pray about it.

5. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

^^^this^^^

as to the comments...meh sometimes they make it more fun and sometimes you just have to self censor. for those who cant, do as ur momma taught and ignore. we are adults and we have the option to be the bigger person and just ignore it. IMO, it makes those who bully a specific player look like the jerk, not the one being picked on.

6. Dolly

Dolly New Member

as always, some people can point fingers at players and those people arent allowed by Kano to defend themselves. More harrassment and bias. Thank you, Kano

7. I deal with what is aimed at me personally - how you deal with what happened to you is your problem - I am just stating that the Boss notes are not the place to start spewing nasty vicious comments about ANYONE- it has nothing to do with game play - so it should stop!!
    If any of my clan are guilty of this and I see the notes myself - I will declan...not a problem.But i will not just act on someones word about it - i believe facts! So before you or anyone starts aiming guns - think again.

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

It is truly unfortunate if what u say is true, I Have no idea as to the validity of your statements so I will not comment on them no urther.

But as u can clearly see ....Kano is aware of the problem and spelled out exactly what they intend on doing about it, with a clearly needed an innovative idea.

Hopefully we can all move forward and and enjoy the game and behave like adults. Ty Kano for listening to the players on this one.

9. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

It does not matter what has been said to you. We are all adults. Yes, some banter is fun, and honestly expected. But we are all adults, when someone cannot censor themselves and spew their hatred and own vial into the bosses and public areas, it really does need to be stopped. It is bad enough that it is allowed on myspace, but those things can be blocked and ignored. I appreciate Kano for taking action and making an option to end such things. It is unfortunate that the only other option to a player is to declan those players who associate with the vial behavior. Then you get retaliation for standing up for your own right to not associate in any way with the bad behavior. But I will stand with Roferta in her stand against the bad behavior. It does not belong in the game. If those players wish to behave in that manner...your welcome to do so in your own private life. Leave it out of the game play.

Enough said. Thanks Kano for giving us some options to end association with it.

10. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

Re abuse of boss notes

I for one just want to play the game. I have alot of fun playing it, and I don't want to see it degraded into a slugfest or as a tool to be used to be vile, hateful or cruel to anyone. I use it as a recreational tool, to try to forget about this nutty world for awhile. However, it's just a game and I treat it as such.

I also feel that the BOSS notes are essential, because it's very important to know the BOSS owner's wishes. I give KUDOS to KANO for developing this solution and hopefully this will circumvent many of these issues.

11. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Kano has responded with a solution to this issue. Closing Thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.