[PC] A Word On Kano's Stance Regarding Bots, Cheating and Scripts

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi all,

We’ve been seeing a lot of talk recently about bots, scripts and various other methods of cheating, more so than usual, so I thought I would take a minute here to try and address some of these concerns.

It’s an unfortunate and very real fact that cheating is a common concern in all games and Pirate Clan is no exception. We have several checks and policies in place to deal with players who break the Terms of Use, and we deal with them when we find them. We also understand that from a player’s perspective it’s easy to assume that someone playing suspiciously is violating the ToU, but this is not always the case.

There are several aspects of the game that may be prime targets for auto-clickers. The Battle Arena is one and we'll be ramping up our detection in that feature as well as looking to add a bit more strategy to it. We'll be looking for feedback from players on this in the coming weeks.

If you find an outside party promoting a bot or script, please bring it to our attention so we can take the appropriate actions. In almost all cases these forms of cheating are simply a way to grab account or personal information so this puts you at risk both personally and in the game. Installing a third-party script is very dangerous in any context and using them in our games is no exception.

Outside of the accounts frozen for using bots and scripts that are caught by our own systems, we also get reports from players about cheating, but sometimes players don’t have all the information. Support has a variety of tools available to dig down into accounts and find out exactly what is going on and all of our freezes are the result of many hours of investigation. What might look like a violation of the Terms of Use from the outside often has a very benign explanation.

We appreciate players reporting any suspicious activity they see to us, but most of the time these reports are false positives. Players should absolutely keep sending in reports of suspicious activity when they see it, but they should also be aware that in-depth investigations into accounts don’t always turn up cheaters because they’re not actually breaking the ToU.

In summary, please don’t use bots or scripts or anything else because we will find and ban your account. We do not condone the use of any game-altering third-party programs in any fashion, despite what some conspiracy theorists may think. The bottom line is that we want these games to be fun for our players and cheating runs completely counter to that goal.

2. I need to have a script to get bounties, heal fast, unlimited stamina... << LOL!
    i may have the solution for the bots,scripts,etc...it maybe a way to let people scripts not work properly,just don't know how they work but you may check my solution and it may help you to stop them. For people who got a script for healing, auto bounty hunt, etc .. why not changing the heal, bounty etc buttons to another place for example, the bounty button on Pirate Clan in the middle, so change the button position and make it more to the right side of the left side in which you completely change it position, that way the script which is coded to be auto click on that position may not be able to click on the other position unless the creator re-code it...
    Don't know if this will be a solution since i don't know how script and bots work, but it may help...!

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

pretty sure thats not quite the way it works, but even if it was ...like u said....all they would have to do was re-write it which would be no big deal as from what I understand most write their own

4. umm...then keep changing the button daily LOL!

5. Shutterbug

Shutterbug New Member

Yes, I know for a fact you are pro-active in this area. I have already experienced your effective way to inquire/investigate suspicious activity, twice! But it does not bother me, just shows me ya'll are on-the-ball! But, I have a totally different attitude with Facebook and their actions against game players who try to make the most out of Tips given for games. In other words, the game suggest to add captains, yet, after reaching 450 captains, FB tells me they are going to block me because I don't know the people I'm adding. Go figure?!

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes, that's an unfortunate problem with FB. There are a couple things you can do to remedy this such as slowing down your invite/adding rate or getting other players to add you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.