[VC] A thought about arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lucifer, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Thanks! have a wonderful day ; ] & sorry you got your feelings hurt but since I started this thread? & you ask me questions? I had to answer - only polite thing to do.............

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

ok my thoughts: stamina bar only made it easier to kill faster and low lvl def modes by the dozens.in minues hur ts lower lvls now I haven't played arena in a while but last time I did 3x stamina did 3x damage roughly but when hitting someone in def mode the attacker only took 1x damage whicch meant your super Lvlv players never hatted a eye and shredded lower lvl players by the score. next the search bar allows people to work down a big guy and die on a chosen one or even just.kill themselves for no reason on said chosen I have seen 12 people lined up to attack a big player then die on one too boost their health while tearing one down. I think it would be a good thing to remove the search bar I haven't played a arena.in months I just enter and collect usually qtop 100 without a hit

3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

heck you really want to get people.playing 51% damage dealt to a arena target and noons else can attack it no more sniping off hard work

4. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Its been said that you need the search bar to find targets because the list does not refresh - not true - I'm sure you will be on someones battle list & be getting attacked - I'm sure the battle list is not the same for every viking in arena - you dont get to pick & chose who you go for anymore - that was a very funny statement by the way - I laugh every time I think about that comment.............

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ha Ha quit complaining lol that is rich! anyway I know alot who don't need a group to rank well, play by themselves without help from anyone and Old salt is one of the them, just too bad others, Higher leveled, need help.

6. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Not complaining just offering opinions like everyone else. You don't like it too bad. And forming a group is the easy and lazy way out. I'd rather try to do it on my own thank you. That's where the real strategy lies. Not having people message you who to hit and who to help. No strategy there. Return the Arena to PVP and get rid of the GVP dynamic. We already have Armada Wars (or whatever else its called in the other games) for that if you want to fight in a group.

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

the way this idea was presented leaves zero room for strategy, it leaves everything up to random chance. Perhaps u did not understand the full scope of what hes asking for here? Hes not only asking to remove the search option hes asking for complete anonymity, no losses for anyone, equal XP for everyone etc etc. Not only cant that work even if it did there would be no strategy what so ever. Unless of course he wants to allow everyone to keep their current defensive times which gives a 100% advantage to defensive builds.

U keep saying u want to do it on your own. what is it u want to do? And how exactly does this idea in its entirety help u achieve that goal. Please be specific. TY

8. polishpimp

Oh yeah....who said that? If u think it was me u might wanna try rereading what I wrote. But u are right...the refreshing is anything but random and some players do seem to get lost in cyberspace until the end of the arena.

Answer me this...how about defensive times and health, under your idea would players keep the advantage/disadvantage they currently have or would those all be made the same for all players as well?

9. polishpimp

The funniest thing about this thread or rather Hypocritic thing is that OP of this thread and a few of its supporters are actively campaigning in a big way to start a "wolf pack" , use the search option in effort to win the arena. Does it get any more hypocritical? Personally I thgnk its great that they are doing this, I always look forward to a challenge whether I win or lose. With players being much higher level than I am and "packs" in the past coming after me its been an awesome time overcoming the odds. The same goes for the arenas ive played in as a much much much lower level....Ive done well in every last one of them because I use my head, use what I have available to my advantage, have realistic expectations and am willing to change my strategy on the fly as the situation dictates.

10. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

1 - every viking looks the same, meaning? in the battle list there will be no names & no id's to send to someone - its suppose to be a battle arena every viking for them self - no search bar..............

2 - if this was a real battle arena? & you was being attacked by vikings using axes & other weapons? you would receive damage every time you were hit - same xp for everyone & every hit counts, lt dont matter about your build because if this was a real battle? everyone bleeds when attacked... The xp would work out for everyone because we get good xp for some & not so good from others.

3 - as far as strategy goes? that is up to the viking in the battle, again if this was a real battle arena & winner takes the top spot? no one would be helping anyone, their life would depend on the individual & how they battled - the way its set up now is like wrestling, while that was fun to watch as a kid we all know its fake & rigged, we all know who the lackeys r & the tricks they use to win.

4 - most vikings I have talked to said if they join they dont even play in it, its a waste of time, they just do it & hope to finish in the rankings, that means? less activity in the arena & loads of vikings dont even join it at all, numbers would go up if they thought they had a shot.

5 - the arena can last up to 3 days, some people work for a living & others may have school r just be out enjoying life, with the different times the arena starts? some may even be sleeping - I really dont understand why someone wants it over as soon as it starts - this is where D mode comes in, if you can not start? use it, if you battle for a while & need to take a break? use it - other vikings have other things going on in life, can they help it if some live their life to play the arena? - so what if it last a little longer? might be more fun, maybe more would join as well if they could get on & see their still alive.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  11. polishpimp

Im not sure using a "real" battle arena as your example is a good idea ...but I will play along and do the same.. If this was a real battle arena everybody that entered the very first arena would be dead except for one. No more arena and we are not having this debate.

In reply to your list...

1. I understand what your asking for here. What Im saying is that if everything else is left the same except for the search option The absolute highest of levels are guaranteed to win every single time they enter. That is not the case now with the search option...numerous players of different levels have won arenas. Wasnt one of your stated intents to give the lil guy a chance to win? How are they going to do that without help? How is a level 750 ever going to win VS a level 17k without help? This isnt just about leveling right? You specifically said u want everybody to have a chance to win without being ganged up on. Please explain how eliminating the search option does anything even close to making that happen.

2."if this was a real battle arena? & you was being attacked by vikings using axes & other weapons? you would receive damage every time you were hit"

If this was real not every attack would connect. If this was real yopu would have somebody fighting back. You r right that if u were hit by an axe in real life u would take damage, the same is already true in the arena so i dont get your point. Even when a player loses an attack in the arena they can still take damage...so once again whats your point?

"same xp for everyone & every hit counts, lt dont matter about your build because if this was a real battle? everyone bleeds when attacked."

Same XP? If this was a"real" battle arena do u think all the participants would be equally matched? Some people would naturally be better defensive fighters and som more aggressive offensively....I thought u were trying to make this more realistic?

U still havent stated how you would work the numbers. Will a level 750 have the same attack strength as a level 17k? Or do players go in with their own attack numbers? Do players all have the same amount of defensive stance? Or do they all go in with their own numbers? No defensive stance? This is the kinda crap u gotta figure out. U think your idea sounds great but it is flawed beyond belief.
    Im dieing to here your answers on this because I already know the most likely of outcomes for each scenario. None of them will work as u suggest. Bring it.

3.If this was areal battle arena no one would be helping anyone? Hmmmm...im guessing u might be one of the first to go in a real arena then. Id definately be teaming up with the biggest baddest guy in the area or whoever would have me in effort to thin the herd.... In the end I would still have to go one on one but thats better odds than 1 on 500. If this was real like u suggest than people would be fighting for their actual lives and would do absolutely ANYTHING to survive/win. I highly doubt that right before a real arena anybody is going to be listing out a bunch of things they absolutely wont do. Its kill or be killed at any cost. U sure u want to keep comparing this to a real arena? Sy bro but its pretty obvious your not much of a strategist, and I know from personal experience your temper gets in the way of sound judgement and reasoning. Perhaps u should look to change that before u try changing the arena. Myself and other have had great success in all the arenas without Packs or even being close to the highest level.

4. "numbers would go up if they thought they had a shot."

Had a shot at what....winning? Please explain to me how its possible to throw 300 players ranging from level 750 to 18k into an arena and allow every last one of them a legitimate shot at winning using strategy and not just relying on dumb luck.

Lets not forget who the arena was designed for and its intended purpose. This was not intended to be some freebie hand out for players that like to reside in hidden guilds and do nothing but adventure and challenge helps. In fact the exact opposite is true...the arena came to be because many players were moving away from the PVP aspect. There was all kind of crying in the forums about players being bullied. So Kano created the arena to in attempt to sate the appetite of PVP starved players and divert their attention away from the more passive crowd. While also infusing strategy into a game that was sorely lacking it

Thats where u totally contradict yourself, you started off by saying u wanted an epic free for all battle.....but by the time u were done you were practically singing Kumbaya and wanting to by the world a coke, which is it for crying out loud? You cant have an epic free for all battle while u tie the hands of half the participants anl leave the rest up to random chance. Why dont we just put on are PJs and have a pillow fight in a rubber room so no one gets hurt. Yeah....and your the big bad tough viking? U sure talk it but u sure as heck dont walk it in the game.

5. This is a game not a god or counry given right. If someone cant make it because they are sleeping or working big whoop, when they do get a chance to play they are more than welcome to do so, Thats why there is multiple start times. "r just be out enjoying life " ...ROFLMAO...this is the best one yet. So now your arguing for the ones that actually choose to not to show up for something else? What should they get....A participation ribbon or even a chance to win? What happened to a bad ass epic free for all? Your all over the place bro, its ok....Im here to keep u on track.

"I really dont understand why someone wants it over as soon as it starts"

Who wants it over as soon as it begins? So what you want is a much longer arena? Get rid of the slider and its done...simple as that. Back when it one attack per the arena lasted much longer and player were killed much slower so those that wanted to be active had more time to do so as they could fly under the radar much longer as long as they played smart and avoided sniping.

"this is where D mode comes in, if you can not start? use it, if you battle for a while & need to take a break? u
    se it"

ummmm......isnt this what people already do?

Since your now talking about D stance I guess its safe to assume u want to keep D-stance under your idea? So u want to strip attack players of there attack advantage but let the defensive players keep their defensive advantage? Yeah...thats fair....lol

12. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

This thread was not started to talk about D mode, there are a few that are, stay on topic please - all I meant by that statement was? if your running late or just want to start in D mode by all means do it, not everyone can start at the same time, & lets see if anyone else has any questions because its really not that hard to grasp, only a few things need to be changed, as far as how can a lvl 750 beat a lvl 17,000 goes? I have no idea, ask Kano because they win now in there when they attack,so that would not change, also if one was in a bar brawl? I dont think there would be a list hanging over everyone's head that you could send to your buddies................

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013