[All] A reasonable fix

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by God of Bacon, May 1, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Since I just read back on my "are you sure button" thread I came up with a new idea that may work with Kano. There's a few things to it so I'm just going to number them.

1: Have the option to remove the limited time/quantity items and item crates from appearing on your homepage. I think this is where a lot of people click by accident, and end up buying.
    2: 5 minute refund. Simple as that. If you buy an item you have 5 minutes to return it or it stays in your inventory. If something happens with your computer(like a laptop or phone running out of battery) you may still send a ticket into support.
    3: Boost refund. If you accidentally buy a boost you can have it refunded and long as your don't use any of those points. If you buy an energy boost and use some energy it's no longer able to be refunded, some for the stamina boost.
    4: Have a popout window after buying anything that would cost favor points alerting people of these options. If people don't want to see it every time they buy something there can be a little checkbox you can mark "Don't show this again"

I'm sure everyone will agree this is more than fair, and those less clicks will only apply when necessary. Support will stop being backed up with concerns of FP items being accidentally bought, and people won't dread that wasted 10 FP that's not coming back if they accidentally buy a boost.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

You can hide limited items ( I believe) not crates though, I bought one by mistake but it was easily rectified by support, so I have become more carful but I think these are a good ideas /suggestions.:) As I am in need of a new battery for my mac laptop and 5 minutes could be a problem sometimes lol as well as if this happened on the weekend, and ya did not need that boost , so ya then have to decide to hold the game up till monday. yikes

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i agree with everyone ;p 10

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Just a couple of quick comments.

1. You can hide that offer carousel using the "Hide Offers" link on the top right.
    2. I can see this being heavily abused. Buy some items to attack someone then quickly refund. Typically refunds are on a one off basis and are usually handled by support in a timely manner.

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

1. It just pops up again every time. I'd like the change to stick instead of clicking hide offers every time i press the home button.
    2. You can meter it to see who's buying refunds over and over again and ban accounts for abusing the system.

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

These are some new options put out by me after the last one got rejected and buried. The simplest one would still be the "Are you sure" button, but apparently having to click one more time is such a horrible thing for the game and the people wasting their favor points isn't.

7. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Firstly - yes to all. With the above quote if we are talking about a refund for accidental clicks then there could quite simply be a limit to refunds available in say, a month. If someone is having a lot of problem with a lot of accidental purchases they probably have too many fingers - LOL I have accidentally click various things from time to time other that purchases. As stated several time now, a simple fix in several areas would be GoB's 'Are you SURE?' button.

8. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Oh - I forgot - I'll give it a 10 by the way :eek: