9/12/12 Arena discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Akkhunter1, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Well, what is everybodys thoughts about the last arena? If you want to share your ranking feel free. I got rank 3, thanks to my friends help and supporting me through it. Ill share a quick thought about it, i thought the arena battle list was 100% random. And what it seems like, me and my friends had almost all of the same people on it through out, i only noticed them posting names that werent on my list when the number of players hit under 175, and by the time it hit that low, it was about 6 or 7 hours into the arena. Most of the time even when i refreshed the players on my list were the same. And, i would really like to avoid discussion about the search bar, because it seems like every arena round, a certain player complains about the search bar. So, thoughts about the last arena?

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Why complain when its there to stay?

Anyone complaining about it now is wasting time now.

At least directly complaining is a waste of time.

Now that thats out of the way heres my thoughts.

Fight list WAS nicely random as promised.

EXP seems too high in there ESPECIALLY when losing attacks but overall exp from attacks seems too high.

But again the fight list was random as promised not sure why some are saying it wasn't.

It was a random set of patterns which is all you can really hope for as NOTHING is random(even the crit hit follows patterns)

So yes the list was random.

Other than those 2 points,it went as expected :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i think the arena went well. as for the xp being to high thats not true i think if anything it should be higher but i accept it as is. CONGRATS to all that participated in the arena !!!!!!! WELL DONE :)

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

How is it 100% random if 5 diff people all start with the exact same fight list? How is it 100% random if some never fall off your list? How is it 100% random when the same blocks of players reappear in the same order time and time again?

If a fight list has ten players and an arena has hundreds of players do u realize how many possible combinations there r? What r the odds that 4-5 players would regularly show up on ones fight in the same exact order multiple diff times?

Personally I think players r not selected randomly by themselves, my guess would be thaat groups of players are chosen randomly which is far from 100% random

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

NOTHING is 100% random.

It's all patterns(even the crit hit in battles is a mix of patterns)

Patterns are randomly shuffled around.

It IS random far as the order of patterns going on.

Well done Kano,some wanted it random and thats what happened.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

The other thing I'll say is that I enjoy the fact inactives can rank higher than active players.

Seems that happened yet again as it should.

7. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

it must make you feel good to know that ( with the exception of a few arenas ) some in-actives finished alot higher than you and some even got rewards where you didnt :)

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hey,more power to them.

9. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Hey everyone, I know the Battle Arena is a contentious issue, but let's all remember to stay on-topic and not hurl insults at eachother.
    Whenever you feel like insulting someone, why not talk about how awesome I am instead? Or think up a cool pun? Or both?

10. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Ab fab guys!! Point has been noted :(

11. polishpimp

So JDG...notice any diff in the randomness of the fight lists? Ide say it was waaaaay more random than it was ....dont ya think? The results because of it were great as well, way more active player lasting longer

WTG KANO!

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Told ya I wasn't in it this time so didn't get a chance.

13. polishpimp

ahh, didnt remember that. I think u might actually like it.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Attacks 0
    Kills 0
    Wins 180
    Losses 535
    Biggest Attack 1,785,752 damage

revealed myself now in case you got any doubts.

15. polishpimp

lol....your funny...no reason to doubt ya. Who killed ya?

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Sheb Wolly did.

17. polishpimp

lol....wtf is a sheb wolly? dont even remember seeing the name

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Ok....a Sheb Wolly song killed me.....

Don't act like you don't know what I meant.

19. polishpimp

lol....I honestly didnt catch it the first time, got it now....very clever!