[All] 5 Day Calendar during the week? More difficult to finish all 3 - better prize?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by James The App Guy, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Oh god :confused: no 3 times is plenty, that would really drive my OCD into Overdrive:eek:

JADES and AlterEgoT like this.
  2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

That's nice and all but guess what. it's a pain in the rear. Some people actually have to work, some are not allowed cell phone use at work, and some people would really like to actually experience life instead of being tied to a click a door all day every day for a week.

I'd rather see hidden treasures in the game than something else with a timer.

2 days in any "event" is plenty. After 2 days it's not this neat cool event. It's a daily grind. Like when we had to wake up at 12pst to get gp first.

And for what reason? Why do we need to complete 3? if we complete 3 why do we have to check in every 30 minutes.

While it's great to reward the loyal slayers willing to put life on hold to click. We lose the casual slayer who might become an obsessive like the rest of us because they simply can't compete.

ALL these events are just a bit long In my opinion. It goes from fun to job when things drag on. If you want us here all day every day you are going to wear people out with it. Especially since all they are doing is coming to click the calendar. There is not much else to do in the actual game. The base game itself is dying. The events are becoming tedious.

As always just my experience.

Jared, JADES and ben like this.
  3. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

Trust me I keep little to no free time in my busy life, but i can jump in to click a key.
    I mean lets break it down here.

1 Key every 55mins for 5days means you have 130 chances to click a key.
    To do this 3 times you need 75 keys.
    Actually you don't need 25 keys.. the first key has no wait time and Your friends can get you up to 3 keys...
    So in really you only need to wait for 21 keys.
    Thats 63 keys total and 130 chances to get it.

Thats a average of 9 times a day.
    With 130 chances you could complete this event 6 times in 5 days and thats not even including the fact you can buy keys to help finish off a calendar before the timer runs out.

That aside...
    It's completely fair.. I mean you can complete 1 time if you only have the time for 1 time or 5 if you have the time to do it 5 times.

If someone has time to complete a calendar 5 times in one week then they deserve to get 5 kano items.. If someone doesn't have that much time and can only do it one time then they still get 1 kano item and have the option to BUY more keys if they want to do it more. Thats very fair.

You say it's not fair to do it so many times, but it's not fair to people who can spend the extra time to limit it to only a couple times.
    No one has to complete it 3 or 4 or 5 times, but you at least have the option.

Lasinagol likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

3, Is enough IMO as well. They are tedious and boring to do as it is :p

5. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

Not to mention the gold rewards are worth it and the free level...

6. Kirsten

No No No those of us playing way before these calendars ever even existed , now with wars, arenas, 3day weekend and 5 day weekday all added into the mix, as well as acutally playing the game, now we have the raid boss in VC it is truly enough, as well as people having jobs, lives and families,fair has nothing to do with it, it is crazy to make it 5 times to finish, 3 is a nice round number.

Lasinagol likes this.
  7. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

Well I'm more defending 3 completes (now) then pushing for 5 or more... (See bottom point as to why..)

With a full time job, oncall after hours and married with 3 kids I get time is precious, but playing ZS is fun and when i'm not busy with more important things (everything listed previously) I like to jump on to ZS for a couple mins. Instead of sitting down to play HALO or Going out for Disk Golf ect.. which takes up hours of your time I prefer to spend a minute or 2 every hour through the day to check up on ZS.

Enough about me though!

Really saying you don't more more events or more things going on because you have other things to do is pretty selfish of a person. You basically saying everyone who has more time then you should suffer because you have other things going on. No matter if you have a hour a week or every hour of the week having more options and objectives makes the game intriguing. Personally the fact that ZS has a lot going on is what drew me to the game in the first place. If i wanted a game that you checked in 1 time a day then i'd go play those dumb simple minded facebook games like farmville or whatever...

I mean we could technically say by that same logic that we should only do 1 event a week that only takes a single click to complete that way people without computers can goto the library once a week and play without being disadvantaged. but.. ohh wait... Amish don't have computers at all it wouldn't be fair to them lets just shutdown the internet? Where do you stop?
    Having more options doesn't mean you have to complete them all, but it does give you a awesome variety to pick from, but the opposite just restricts the fun for a certain type of player and that really isn't fair.

like here "...those of us playing way before these calendars ever even existed ..." you assume even old accounts like yours have limited play time and you know what they same about Assuming things! (i work in IT i hear that damn phrase a lot lol)

Now to defend your side of things...

A Very good and Valid point you can make is that doing the calendar 5 times a week would be over balancing! I mean 5 kano items a week that would be a game imbalacing mechanic that new players level 1 to 500 would have a SEVERE advantage over others of the same level if they had the time to complete it.. IMAGINE! in 4 weeks if you had the ability to stock up 20 kano 150+/150+ items??? You would be a wrecking ball stat wise over other people who didn't have as much time to dedicate to the game!

So yeah I like 3 times a week and maybe thats a little iffy... but 4 or 5 times a week is going to through the game out of balance very easily!

ohh Kristen.. I imagine there is a lot of players who would have the same response you did, I really mean this as a general statement to that line of thought and mean no offense directly to you.

Respect!

8. Kirsten

why would I take it personally, it is just my feeling and opinion just like it is yours and the forum is for discussing ideas and agreeing or disagreeing but to call me selfish, Bite me :cool: it is not up to you , thank goodness and not up to me, it is up to kano. BTW I stopped reading your book after the word " selfish".

9. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Yeah what Jade said.

The fact that it's feasible does not make it fun.

There Will Be Blood and Kirsten like this.
  10. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

keep in mind, MOST employers frown on cell phone use during work hours. Also, I work in an area that does not get good coverage most of the time, so it takes me 15 mins to do 1 key from 3 games for instance...by that time, it's almost time to start over....and then when did I work?

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

3 is good..
    I understand your point, but it's like I said earlier for every person working a 40+hr week who can't get on all the time, is a person who has no job and has all the time in the world to monitor it all day long.

You have to meet in the middle to try to cater to them both and 3 is sort of the middle ground.

In the end i'm not sure it matters.... By lvl 3500+ you could of bought UN gear to gear all 41 of your guys with nearly double the stat gear as a Kano XXXX Item. So in the end it won't matter much.

12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i only have time to do one, so you can increase it to 50 for all i care. i will still only be able to do one.