3 Day Calendars

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jillian Thyra Johansson, May 23, 2014.

1. Oh joy...yet another American Holiday weekend ruined by a 3 day calendar. Here's a thought, let's ruin the holiday weekend of another country for a change. Has any one else noticed that arguably 90% of the 3 day calendars have been tied to American holidays? And how many of you, embroiled in a fierce battle for dominance with a despised opponent felt they had the luxury to skip even one, let alone ALL of them?

After all, the calendars affect at least four very important aspects of the game: gold accumulation for either empire or revenge, special powerful weapon procurement, xp needed for leveling and skill / god points associated with those gained levels.

So, before MY enemies who love to pick apart every thing I say chime in, it isn't wise to just skip one or more of these calendars and allow your enemies any extra edge in the never-ending battle we like to call Viking Clan (Pirate Clan, Mob Wars or ZS).

One more thing, just a historical note, when these calendars were first introduced they occurred ONCE a QUARTER and for some bizarre (some could even say greedy) reason, they now occur TWICE a MONTH!!! Who's bright idea was that? I don't remember reading that in the "Ideas" section of this forum. Then again, I'm not the most faithful forum reader so I may have missed it. I can tell you now, it would have received a 1 star rating from me. lol

Any helpful or constructive comments from anyone else?

Gunny from PC likes this.
  2. Sour_Rubbish

Sour_Rubbish Member

There are 2 things that are put into the game - time or real money. A player chooses what to invest. Personally, I do not interfere with these calendars to celebrate holidays or rest.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

First of all, Hopefully we can get this moved to the ideas section as I think in large pare part it has a great deal of merit. Secondly, Whats the hell is up with spelling out all the games but Zombies as if it is the illegitimate step child....someone should call the ACLU, because thats total discrimination. ;)

The subject of the number of calendars has been debated to many times to remember and the results always pretty evenly mixed , we can all see they are still here and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out why.....MONEY! Ive always felt there is to many for my taste but then again I understand the argument that we can choose whether to be here to do them or not....much like other aspects of the game. But then again as JJ said... Calendars play a significant role and its a thousand of times easier and faster to do then most any other aspect that plays a significant role. To me it just seems to cheapen the game by being to easy to get so much for doing so little in comparison to other more core aspects. With all that crap aside I dont think the ridiculous amounts of calendars are going any where and it will continue to hurt the games because the masses simply cant devote that much time (especially on the holidays) and they will continue to fall further behind, get discouraged and quit. Basically the same Kano logic behind not having achievements for actually winning an arena. Basically if something seems unobtainable players get discouraged and quit. eh kano? yes I realize its totally contradictory but its ok were use to it. ;)

At the very very least make it so these calendars dont fall on the holidays themselves, especially the biggies like Christmas, thanksgiving, 4th of july, memorial and laborday weekend (3dayers) and any other big holidays around the world where u have a big player base. Would it be so difficult to simply have them a week before or after? Im sure pretty much most of us will get the whole idea. Its simple really, tons of players are gone for the holidays spending time with their families. As JJ also touched on is that most the Calendars are based on American holidays.....yet they are the ones getting the short end of the stick. Oh Sweeeeeet....Kano gave us a 3 day Christmas calendar, to bad we'll miss it because we are actually celebrating Christmas. How does that make any sense?

Please move all calenders to a week prior or after the holiday.

4. olafkorman

olafkorman New Member

Tho we love the 3 day calendars don't u think posting one on Mothers day weekend is not in the least bit family friendly? After all is not the whole purpose of Mothers day is to be spent with family & loved ones Not playing some click game on the internet? All tho these cals are great fun & very rewarding how about giving us control as when we initiate them? same rules same results just up to us when we start them. It not make a lot o dif to me but those with family & loved ones they gonna be the winners :)

5. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

I agree that it is sometimes difficult to do the calendars when you have family outings planned so thats when I just dont do them and lose out while my enemies get to gain on me. Please put the calendars on weekends other than Holidays

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Agree as well, being online 10 hours a day (3 days) without a smart phone is ridiculous, yes anyone can say don't have to complete all! But come on.

7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

the way i am seein this Kano u got alot of work to do in my best interest i would just get rid of the 3 day Calendar an just leave them 25 to 30 day calendars going on its much easier for everyone an including the countries an time zone wisely ;)

8. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

As a non-American player I don't mind spending more time on the games on days that would be holidays for Americans. But I also have to admit that I stopped playing all calendars a while back, as clicking over half a dozen calendars is too time-consuming, thanks to "Another Action/Shot/Whatever is in Progress" so that it's rather trying to fit a complete Anime Episode between the click madness.

It would be extremely helpful already, if we could hold several keys for these calendars at once, would make the whole thing much less stressful.

As for the themes? Well, by my estimation at least 60% of the Kano Games Players are from the US and thus best acquainted with these holidays. Calendars for the 8th of May, 3rd of October, 5th of November, 3rd Wednesday in November, 14th of July, who can name the associated holidays without consulting Wikipedia?

I wouldn't mind it if the 3-Day Calendars vanished entirely, either.

polishpimp and Justin the killer like this.
  9. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

I would mind a great deal if they were discontinued, myself! I agree that in the best of all possible worlds, holidays would be respected, and I wish that MiniCalendars would be set apart from Battle Arenas and Armada Wars - this weekend was really the worst-case scenario. Battle Arena and Armada Wars were scheduled only 2 hours apart on Friday and for many of us that means two entirely different Loadouts, and we had to try to juggle both events with keeping up with the MiniCalendar that also began on Friday. I'm retired and pretty devoted to Pirate Clan, but even for me this was WAY too much going on at the same time! Battle Arenas and Armada Wars can be scheduled any time, so why drag them into a MiniCalendar weekend? People who wanted to participate in all three events had a very hard time doing so successfully!

I do agree that being allowed to stack up a few keys at a time would make it much easier. We can do that with our Challenges, so why not with MiniCalendars? And yes, fix the error message that tells us another action is being done so we have to keep clicking! We even get that on our own Challenges, which nobody can click on but us!

I hate this new Forum color scheme too. Why does Kano keep making cosmetic changes like this and the one you did with showing results of our attacks instead of repairing the game where it's broken?

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  10. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I love the xp and coins from these "challenges", but it is really CHALLENGING to try to do everything all at the same time! WARLENDARARENA Day? Eek!!!! Too Much, Too Much! And an ARENA on Mother's Day? Yes, that broke my little black heart. I DID choose to spend my day with my FAMILY. On my way home I popped out of defense and got 100 attacks with my phone and popped back into defense, so it was not a total waste that I entered without consulting my calendar first. I did win the most recent arena, (not on Mother's day) but, that day was basically shot. I wanted different load outs for the war and arena, and the two hour difference in start ups was cutting it very close. I only play pirate clan and viking clan, but between the two and your Jam Packed Scheduling, it is something EVERY weekend. Too much, Kano. My poor little viking might need to retire.......Just sayin.