[VC] 20 Stamina power attacks need to increase

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by David Tainsh, Mar 27, 2013.

1. David Tainsh

David Tainsh New Member

Seriously you need to up this level so that you can hit with 100 stamina attacks.

Thanks

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Push the slider all the way over for a 32% stam attack, get a rum boost and it goes to 37% . anymore than that and ya gonna run out of stamina real fast.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im assuming your talking about attacks on bosses?

Have you really thought this idea through? This idea has been brought up before and I pointed out then how an update like this could/would be abused in conjunction with the max damage limit and could easily send the game out of balance perhaps even crippling it. Even now with 20 stam attacks player our and have been abusing the intended use. Dont take me wrong....its legal....so its all gooood. The fact that Kano is extremely inconsistent about what constitutes abuse..... And uses the whole "balance " excuse as a smoke screen in some cases....not so gooood. ;)

4. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

If we're talking about World Boss Attacks, though, I'm all for it. On the last day there is more and more damage remaining every time and it's only a question of time before we won't kill the World Bosses anymore.

5. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I don't think it should be allowed for player attacks but it could fit for boss attacks in the final death throes. I think the slider bar is quite adequate for player attacks but when the boss has 15bill left to go then it could be appropriate to slide in more than 20.

6. David Tainsh

David Tainsh New Member

I was thinking about Boss attacks. I end up clicking 200 plus times to do some of the Boss's. It must be a strain on the Kano server cluster with thousands of people doing it.

People would also burn through Stamina points quicker!

7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

I disagree. I would NOT like to be implemented in any fashion for any reason. thank you. Polish you make valid points.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have no desire to burn thru stamina quickly. Why are you in such a hurry .?

9. David Tainsh

David Tainsh New Member

It takes ages to take some Bosses down! I would prefer a 100 stamina hit option to save me 5 clicks!

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Did you not read Polishes comment?

Have you really thought this idea through? This idea has been brought up before and I pointed out then how an update like this could/would be abused in conjunction with the max damage limit and could easily send the game out of balance perhaps even crippling it. Even now with 20 stam attacks player our and have been abusing the intended use. Dont take me wrong....its legal....so its all gooood. The fact that Kano is extremely inconsistent about what constitutes abuse..... And uses the whole "balance " excuse as a smoke screen in some cases....not so gooood.

11. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

You are in control of your own slider bar are you not? It's up to the individual whether you deem it to be appropriate for an attack or not. If you are determined to burn 100 anyway then you will do it whether the game is altered or not. I can see the point of the frustrated ones though.

12. David Tainsh

David Tainsh New Member

Exactly. I also cant see how it can be abused.

It is your slider bar and you can slide it as far up or down you want.

If you want to spend all day clicking to take down a boss then fine but I get very bored doing it.

13. David Tainsh

David Tainsh New Member

Go on can you do this for the people that want it? Yet again I am attacking a boss and I have to do over 200 clicks to get the thing killed!

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I honestly do not see how or why it would take you hour/s to attack a boss, i am usually involved in about 50 boss fights a day and it does not take me hours, I am in about 6 boss sharing groups, the owner sets the slider, I usually only do the min damage, which is the lowest slider setting , I want drops and a reward for crafting and what have you, this way I can spread myself to do 50 or more bosses if I choose to a day. The bosses get filled the owner takes it down. Bam one day and it is done and I use 5 stamina hits :)

15. polishpimp

Ugh...sometimes u guys make me soooo tired. This has been discussed previously in another thread where I detailed how this idea could be abused. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out and mere convenience in the form of a time saver doesnt even come close to warranting such an easily abused idea.

Whether you are hitting the lesser bosses for XP or the better bosses for drops this idea used in conjunction with the max damage cap will allow aplayer to get waaaay more XP and drops from a bopss than they normally would using a 20 stam power attack.

If I hit a boss with the maximum damage set with a 20 power attack I only do the max damage limit in damage yet I get XP and boss drops as if I did the full damage capable with my 20 stam power attack. For example, (numbers r strictly for examples sake) if the max damage is 2k and i can do 1k damage per stam attack i would hit the limit it 2 single attacks recieving xp for 2 single attacks and the percentage ratio of chance for a drop based on 2 single attacks. Now if I were to hit that same boss with a 20 stam power attack Im still only gonna do the max damage set in damage but im going to be rewarded xp times 20 and many more boss drops. Now magnify this by your 100 stam attack idea.

This may not sound like a big deal to you but I assure u it is a very big deal when it comes to the balance of the games. single Bosses are not intended to give out seemingly limitless xp and drops. If I had a 100 stam power attack option all i would have to do is have my partner set the max damage to the minimum and hit it with a 100, then have them just keep restting it to the next minimum until the boss was dead. I would get thousands of times the xp and drops than i normally would, I could fill out my entire inventory with nothing but the best drops or crafted items from those drops in a matter of days.

This has been tested time and time again ever since they changed from 5 stam power attacks to 20 stam power attacks. Legitimate players doing this could send the game outta whack....could u imagine what the cheats who farm bosses could do with an update like this? Are u getting the point yet?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

^^^ What POLISH said 100% agreed

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Wow, My mind does not work that way, Polish lol, but sounds good to me. :)

18. David Tainsh

David Tainsh New Member

All you have to do in that case is unfriend and de-clan the people who abuse it. It isnt really that hard to do.

I also reckon if you were to go back to only allowing people 5 stamina hits a lot of people would stop playing as it is broing just sitting their clicking away for what seems an eternity.

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

99 % of my clan in PC only want the min done unless the boss is old then we raise the slider and we never have a problem filling all the slots. The owner does the most damage, and with all the boss sharing groups I am in I do not even post my bosses to the public, no need to do that, I send it to my peeps then post it in the groups ( 5 ) and we all do it and it works just fine. Many times it gets filled so fast so miss out lol There is prob 150 of us between the 5 groups that share this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
  20. polishpimp

Your missing my point. This abuse would be done purposesly between 2 or more willing participants. The player whos boss it is would have to purposely reset the max damage minimally and repeatedly for the attacking player.