The Official Syndicate Wars Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Michelangelo

Michelangelo New Member

Hi! Was wondering how the syndacate war rewards would work:

1. 40% XP to level: where/how i could check this? how it works? how much time it lasts?
    2. 80x Hourly income: how much time it lasts? where/how i could check this?

Thanks in advance!!!

[EDIT] :O perhaps it sounds like a stupid question.. didn't noticed you get all that bonuses when you collect the rewards..: then in this case you get at "once" a cash reward equal to 80x your hourly income (it counts in also the upkeep???) and a XP reward equal to 40% your total xp that is needed to level up at your level (i.e. lvl 450 needs 20000XP, you get 8000XP). Is it exact?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes, that's correct, they are one-time "boosts" that correspond to your hourly income or your XP needed to level.

3. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

"Leaderboard Rewards
    The top 20% of Syndicates will be rewarded with the currently listed rewards."

And the chances for any group lower than C is?

If you're having groups of different abilities in the same competition it would be fairer to follow the sort of principles used in events like Le Mans 24-hour race and have rewards for "Group Winners" - and by extension for their top X% too. Being top of "Group D" is still an achievement worthy of a reward, surely?

How does consistently rewarding the same few top mobs encourage "new kids" to be ambitious and try to take down one of the "old guys"? No matter how strong your mob is, there should always be room for the crazy kid with nothing but a Saturday-night special - and of other mobs moving in to take advantage of the situation.

Looking at the stats it seems not many of the lower level groups entering SW actually take any active part. It's the same for BA - I'd only enter that for the immediate XP reward and most people I know do the same. I know I've no chance of winning anything else so I wouldn't even bother looking at it again until it's over. Funny thing is I can't enter BA yet so I don't get any reward whatsoever. Yet another example of how the game is being weighted in favour of higher levels.

4. meezy

meezy Member

Whats happened to Syndicate Wars??

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Syndicate Wars hasn't started yet, it goes off at 10:00 am today. Unless you're referring to something else?

6. Tony_G

Tony_G Member

How many refils are you now allowed per day reason for the question I refilled x3 & now I'm at my max for the day wasn't like that before, have you changed it if not then why have my refils been maxed for the day?

You have exceeded the max amount of refills for the day, please try again tomorrow

7. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

no attack button.jpg

This is kinda irritating

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You get 4x refills a day. Did you one of your Syndicate members gift you a refill?

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks foxysiren, we're working on similar reports from the Hitlist and we'll see if these are related.

10. foxysiren

The attack button disappears on the hitlist?...Never seen that before and i have close to 40k hitlist kills.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I thought you were talking about the "opponent under attack, please try again" message, but we'll look into the disappearing attack button as well.

12. foxysiren

Thankyou it can be a PITA when the attack buttons goes AWOL.
    The "opponent under attack, please try again" is an old issue...Caused by many players attacking 1 target at the same time, we were told well over a year ago attacks could not be queued and then hit in order, hence you have to try again.
    Hitlist is the most common place it is found but I have actually seen triple kills where 3 different people killed 1 person.
    Also happens in BA but it can be overcome as you offer another feature in there not having to use the attack button towards the top of the page.

13. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

toomuch war games

my syndicate has foundout that playing war games every day is jjust toomuch, the exp, and rewards do notoutweigh the amountof god fatherpoints needed for refills ann after playing four war games in the last month or so, many ofmymembers are dropping out and not playing, so we voted to skipwar games except for once amonth. reasons for this is that 1.four refills a day with fifty tokens each refill isn't enough to play all day or even to fight one syndicate, per day, even with a full team, itsnot enough to beat or even come close to killing the top teams. 2 alotof players just cannot afford to buy gf points for refills and toplay regular games, they say the rewards and chances of even being able to collect themor enough exp to cover the costs is to great. and three, the games are beingplayed too many times a month to be able to recover or to save god points for refills, or to even do Ba either, I've missed out on doing the BA the last threet imes also even tho I was signed in andusually last thru them I been getting killedoff right away becuzi am toobusy with SW to watch both all the time. so as of now, our syndicate will be playing only once a month, anyways my main crew of the syndicates, the othe two crews havenot voted on it yet
    sorry but the wayits set up right now is not good for us

14. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

What gives?
    One minute a Syndicate is an A Tier, then on the next refresh, they are an E?
    Why all the chopping and changing of Tiers?

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi Ice Queen, can you write into Support with the names of the Syndicates and, if possible, a before/after screenshot? That will help us track this down if there's something going on.

16. AshyKnuckles

AshyKnuckles New Member

Can't find target in feeds?

:mad:
    My syndicate is very active in chats. We post the names of potential targets in our chat room. Other members refresh their feeds to find the target, and then like hyenas on a carcass...bam we finish them off. I found an anomaly a few minutes ago. A target syndicate's name was posted by another member (which means that the target syndicate was attacked). I refreshed our feeds countless times and could not find the target syndicate's name. I even refreshed my browser and could not find the target syndicate.

Has anyone else seen this?

17. AshyKnuckles

AshyKnuckles New Member

Perhaps a particular group, let's use PWN as an example has more than one group in syndicate wars. One group may be Tier A. Another PWN syndicate may also be Tier A, and another may be Tier C. Are you certain that you are not attacking multiple syndicates with the same name?

18. nidanracni

nidanracni New Member

I'm pretty new to the game so forgive me if I'm missing something in my comments about the features.

1. When you are attacking and level up you don't get notified unless you scroll up to check which is annoying when you want to avoid losing your energy by leveling twice in a row. (maybe this doesn't apply to higher leveled characters? I don't know how the exp/lvl scaling works.)

2. When you click on a syndicate's name nothing shows up. I don't remember who all these people are.

3. What's the point of the divisions? I thought we were competing for the top spot in our division but it seems like unless you're in the A division it doesn't really matter how you rank against others.

4. Maybe can get more real time features. Refreshing the feeds is kind of weird and antiquated. I do think there should NOT just be a list of all involved syndicates though because the A group will just victimize all the lower levels.

5. I don't get why sometimes every attack I make on any syndicate says that I lost some amount of war points and other times not.

6. DEFINITELY implement some kind of real time, no 'refresh' needed, syndicate chat on the syndicate war page so we can talk.

7. Save syndicate link on the attack screen. Now if you want to save the attack you have to refresh the feed and then click save.

8. Have your developers take some HCI(Human Computer Interaction) classes in general because the number of design elements that are frustrating for the user is astouding in this game.

9. But despite all these complaints I am really enjoying Syndicate Wars! I love competing against the other players in my syndicate for most points despite level disparities.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi nidanracni, thanks for your feedback on Syndicate Wars, I'm going to try and address a couple of your questions. :)

For Divisions, that's more to inform someone of what the potential payout of killing that Syndicate will be. If an A Syndicate attacks an E Syndicate, then the A Syndicate gets a substantially reduced reward. While you can view all the Syndicates on the War list, it behooves you to attack in your Division (or above it if you're feeling plucky). The winner of the Syndicate Wars is based on points, so while the A Syndicates will most often be at the top, because they're the strongest, a lower Division Syndicate can still rank in a reward tier. Besides, it's something to strive for.

For your chat request, I take it that you play on Kongregate? The other three networks have a chat system in place where you can talk with your guild. We may have something to say about that soon, however. :)

20. Judy Tucker

Judy Tucker New Member

MDR3 finished syndicate wars today, like everyone else. No rank or rewards are posted. What's up?