[All] Arena start times and dates on diff platforms

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Dec 22, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There has been a lot of talk about arena start times not being fair for all time zones. In addition there has been a lot of talk about the number active participants in the arenas. Not that this would be a cure all.....no start time would be optimal nor is somebody going to be active if they simply dont wanna be. But perhaps this might at least help............

Currently there are 3 diff platforms that Kano games are on. Ive no idea about Kong ( i assume its the same)but on FB and KP the arenas of any particular game are held on the same date and at the same times. Currently the start times are 10am, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm PST. Why not stagger the dates and have diff start times on each platform in an effort to increase player activeness and to appease more time zones? Currently for the most part there are only a certain number of players that are active nearly every time they enter, some of these players play on multiple platforms. Although some already play the arenas on the diff platforms at the same time....wouldnt it be easier if they could focus on one at a time? Perhaps it might actually increase their activity(and resource usage) in all the arenas they play since they wont have to jump back and forth from one to another. For example sake only..............VC arena FB 12/18/13, KP VC arena 12/19/2013, Kong VC arena 12/20/2013.

In addition to this...have the start times diff for each platform to appease more time zones. Once again for example sake only.....VC Fb 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 10 pm PST****KP VC 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm*****kong 12pm, 4pm, 8pm, 12am. These times are merely EXAMPLES.....they could be fine tuned to better fit the diff time zones.

IDK....its just a thought. It would allow more opportunities to play and perhaps promote more players to play on multiple platforms while appeasing more time zones.

Kano has always taken the position that the current start times are in part what they are because its easier for them to keep tabs on if something goes wrong......Im not sure I entirely believe that. I have a hard time believing thats the issue when they will be having the inaugural arena for Kong VC on Christmas eve .....lol I also remember many arenas being held on weekends and well after kano office hours.

Personally Im fine with the start times as they are and even all the platforms holding arenas on the same dates, I just figured that since there was so many that seemingly arent I would try and figure a way to satisfy as many as possible. Thoughts?

2. ben

ben Active Member

i give a 10 ... might comment latter ...

3. polishpimp

Love the ghost votes! Dont care to explain....perhaps work out a better idea?

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well theres not much more to say man, you covered it and as for the actual start times well thats up to kano...my ghost vote was a 10 and i believe the second vote haha

5. polishpimp

right on...ty for chiming in .

6. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

I like this idea as it would allow anyone playing on more than one platform to compete in the arenas also

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

exactly, trying to play on 2 is hard enough...i can only imagine how insane it would be for any more than that...even if the start times were offset by a few hours it would be a huge help

8. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I had this same Idea a while back once and for some reason it got downvoted to hell lol 10 stars.

9. It surprises that this idea hasn't gotten more traction. Having more start times and different start dates for the same app makes complete sense to me. Nearly everyone I know in VC and PC plays on more than one platform.

You get 10 stars from me, Polish, and thanks for initiating this idea!! :)

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I play 1 platform 1 game, but 10 starz, for those that have the time to even do this huge congratz.

11. polishpimp

Perhaps they shouldnt start guild, armada, syndicate or faction wars on the same days as arenas either. Not nearly as big a deal as having all the platforms start their arenas on same date and time....but it would still be nice to spread things out a bit and give players a few more options/opportunities. Heck....it wasnt all that long ago that an arena, wars and a 3 day calendar all started on the same day. Instead of making it difficult to focus on any one event why not spread it out and bring players to the game more often rather than all at once.