[LCN] Send to All [MSG]

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JDcompy, Dec 5, 2013.

1. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

Hey Matthew, that's not a bad idea at all!

However, it requires an extra step on the part of the players. To assume there is a message and go to check and see. And, in fact, continually go there and check. With the [MSG ALL], the message notification pops up for all to see and read immediately.

2. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

It's okay, Linda. Some game makers like to have Idea forums for people to post ideas based on the things they need. While you have the ability to do your FB stuff in FB, we on Kongregate, do not.

None of my posts are complaints. They are ideas to make the game more efficient and easier for players that play Mob Wars on Kongregate.

3. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

Honestly, if this is going to hurt you in some way, by all means, vote it down.

But if you think this has the potential to Help someone, even if it's not on YOUR platform.. would be nice to vote it up.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Great to know you play on facebook. Great to know you vote down ideas that are helpful to the OTHER 3 platforms. Great to know that you vote down ideas that don't directly benefit you.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

One question, why would this only be allowed by the Leader(maybe a officer's)?

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

How do you know I even voted, could care less about this idea so did not even vote ,was just trying to offer a solution for the time being, till someone got snippy about having to, god forbid look at other ideas or even worse sign up on FB, so there :p lmao :) BTW I asked what platform this player was on ,Maybe in the future players should specify what platform their ideas or wants are for,would save me from wasting my time.In fact I might make a thread in the idea section to Post Ideas for the platform they play on,and specify that platform hmmmm as if anyone might even notice. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Without even asking what platform he's on this idea should be implemented considering there's 4 platforms and not just facebook.

8. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

Hi Matthew,

My suggestion for only leader/officers is because I think the power to send a message to 25 people at once could be abused or over used. And so that people aren't just spamming everyone's inbox, it is a perk for being an officer or leader. Not saying there are not responsible syndicate members, but leaders and officers have the responsibility to run the syndicate.

And, God of Bacon: Good observation!

Linda: I'm sure there are a lot of players that would appreciate you being tolerant of their right to play on another platform. Not all of us want to sign up for and play on facebook.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OK, I'll bite what message is so important that "you" as a leader/officer is so important? Is it a punch kill, GW's for example attack "X" syndicate, Arena "my name is blah blah" I really don't get if such a important mssg, other than those can not be 'sticky' for say 12 hr period of time, and erase it after. Please do explain...

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Not to worry JD I won't make any suggestions anymore for your countless wants and desires, ya on ya own , but do remember this forum is for "everyone" to share their ideas, suggestions ,advice, game experiences, when someone posts here asking questions, but as a new player , you have it all figured out, so good luck and also remember it is only a game .

11. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

Linda, you've made my day!

Matthew, It's really up to a synd leader and possibly officer to decide what is important enough to send to each person. In our synd, we have a few messages that remain stickied in our synd chat so it does tend to get cluttered and overlooked at times. For instance, when the first Syndicate War for us came around, I wanted to make sure everyone knew that we were signed up and that they needed to Join In. My officer had to individually write to 23 people one at a time to give them the heads up. I can't know each situation it may be useful, but I know for me, and a few of the other synd leaders I've spoken to, it would come in handy a lot.

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

theres only an indicator if theres a new message in your inbox or new message(s) in the guild feed...if someone hasnt been logged in for hours, a sticky message could go unnoticed by most especially when there are permanent stickyz in the feed. its just a good idea that would get used by alot of people and help out quite a bit to those that use/need it.

13. JDcompy

JDcompy Member

I'm not seeing a down side to this. I can ONLY see a benefit.. Mods?

14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i agree, theres a few why bothers but in the end, theres no down side to this unless it would take months to implememnt dev-wise