[VC] Midgard - Odin's Ravens and Crafting: What You Need to Know

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 6, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

With the release of the newest location for Viking Clan - Midgard: Odin's Ravens - we've made some changes to crafting and how it impacts our higher level players and players who are about to reach this location.

Our goal here was to make crafting a bit more valuable to the overall experience. The first change that you’ll notice is that crafting is now required to complete quests. Not all the quests mind you, but a couple of the Midgard - Odin's Ravens Adventures will require a trip to the Blacksmith. For example the second Adventure requires 40 Throwing Blades to complete. These are made by using 1 x Blacksmith's Hammer (the drop from the first Odin's Ravens Adventure) and 2 x Ancestral Daggers, which is a gift item, per Throwing Blade.

So, our high-level Viking Clan players: what do you think of crafting in the new location? If you have any feedback on crafting, please leave it here!

wall_feed_midgard_odins_raven.jpg

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

not this effects me in the next couple years but are these the changes to the blacksmithing youve been talking about?? nothing else is being done with the smithing? if so, this is a huge letdown to alot of people

3. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

If you wanted more Blacksmith activity why not do something about all the boss drops that are useless? I think springing the new adventures with the higher requirements on the people that it effects right now wasn't right. To get our daily gamer points you need to complete adventures in the current location. Well, now the higher levels have a new current location but have to back track to fulfill the requirements to do the new adventures, and I know as far as I'm concerned I will not get that done right away because it will take way more energy than I will have available ... and no, I will not use favor points to buy energy if that is what you guys are trying to do.

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

there are SO many ways you could come up with to take smithing to the next level and nothing is being done instead

5. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

That's it??? When are we going to get to upgrade all the Boss drops??? :(

Right now, Skadi's Blizzard, Heimdallr, Thrym, and Jormungandr are totally useless Boss's for higher level players!

The Snowcapes from the Skadi's Blizzard need to be made into Elites & Legendary.

The Healer Clerics from the Heimdallr need to be made into Elites & Legendary.

The Chopblades from the Thrym need to be made into Elites & Legendary.

The Snake Eye Gems from the Jormungandr need to be made into Elites & Legendary.

The Paladin Sage from the Helreginn Returns need to be made into Elites & Legendary.

The Acorn Sling from the Ratatoskr need to be made into Elites & Legendary.

The Bronze Blade from The Last Stand of Heimdallr need to be made into Elites & Legendary.

While I appreciate what you have done so far we REALLY NEED to be able to upgrade these items to Elite & Legendary's!!!

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As I've said before, this is not the be-all-end-all for the ongoing question of crafting. I know for certain that the developers are working on Elite-Legendary items, this was more of an informational post for people who are in the new location or are about to hit it.

7. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

You asked for feedback in the first post, so here it is:

I would rather have more crafting available for all the useless items now in our inventory than to implement crafting into the adventures. It's bad enough having to back track to get at the new content by making us do past adventures ( and a bunch of them ) but now to have to gather gifts and craft to move on when we see all the useless junk in inventory and hearing promises that it is being taken care of.

8. I totally agree. The code is there to create elite and legendary items and the only graphic changes are the background colours so can we PLEASE make use of these higher level drops by creating elite and legendary versions! It must be in Kano's interest as we would have a reason to hit these bosses for drops again.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Regarding crafting for older locations, we might have something to say about that soon. :)

10. Cheers Mitch for the reply it wold be a great step in the right direction.