Kano/Apps Steps to Curb Cheating and Manual Freezes (All Games)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

good points most of you and i like that theyre finally doing more to cut down on the alt usage althought this is mainly for bots. what i dont understand is why only the alts get banned and not the main accts that use them. hell, theres even a player that was banned then started using an old alt and eventually gave it the same exact name as the banned acct surrounded by a couple of x's and theyve done nothing about it! whats the point in even banning someone if theyre allowed to continue playing with an acct that was an illegal one in the first place?? either way you look at it, its dead wrong. what does that say about your company when your rules are blatantly disregarded right in front of your face, even admitted by the person in a chat that all of vc can see, and you sit idly by and do absolutely nothing? i just dont get what goes thru their heads...all this hooplah about stopping cheating and this blatant offense just gets ignored as do many others....sorry, didnt mean to go all polish on you guys n gals but i had to vent ;p

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i completely agree, off with their heads!!!

3. Crisom Melo

Crisom Melo Member

I changed my mind, though still congratulate them for the initiative.

I ask: Why have a term of conduct?

If someone breaks this term, there is written that this will be banned from the game properly.

So, why the cheaters will can get a second, third, fourth... chances?

Again, I believe that you own are violating even its own term. This is a mess. You have no administrators at all? Be Serious!

4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

While I'm all for taking the bot users out of the game I have to say this. Are you kidding me? Taking away resources that could be used to add to the game so you can take a few players away from the game that look suspicious in activity. You're banning system is horrible and I doub this is going to make an impact at all considering I got banned on armored recently for a rule that was never announced. I contacted support and they replied to me once every two days giving me the runaround until OVER A WEEK AFTER MY BAN a topic was posted on the forums stating a new rule, and melanie had told me that was the reason I got banned. When I asked if I could get a second chance seeing as the rule hadn't been announced yet she proceeded to ignore me, not reply at all and close the ticket. I replied again and she took the same course of action. So humor me on this. What the hell makes you think that adding more human interaction to this is going to make it better? The human interaction you already have sucks.

5. slave

slave Member

i cant believe how many people feel that alts are the main problem...they are not
    its the scripts that is killing the game
    someone using an alt is just like another player, they are doing all the same things a player would do
    whats the greatest thing an alt could do? feed useless e-cash to another acct? yeah that makes you stronger....

but the script for free stam refills.....thats a problem and needs to be dealt with, people are gaining hundreds or thousands of levels and thats not right

im not going to hold my breath about anything when it comes to clicking, ive repeatededly show kano the error of their ways when it comes to gettting throttled and slowed down in arena and i use mouse (non wireless) and a 53 year old finger, and somehow ive managed to do things that were "near impossible"

but put your resources to use in the right way, catch the people using scripts, thats what is ruining your game
    all you other people that think alts are helping anyone.....if you spend time on an alt acct, that is time you cant spend on your main and when you split time, both accts lose ground...its plain and simple

6. Paul Davis

Paul Davis New Member

I agree with Slave, alt accounts only add to the game in my opinion as it gives more people to gain XP from for all , but as Slave said , the free stam refills would and apparently has given the cheat a chance to level of bosses and gain almost unlimited crafting items and almost unlimited XP for additional levels .

7. Carol Anderson

Carol Anderson New Member

about time glad to see Kano doing something about those who cheat in the games well done Devs hugs hey hope it works

8. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

The answer on your question is very simple, a autoclicker is a program that's auto click on the same time every click.... You as human can never archive that. Even if you do it fast. Its still not as fast as autoclicker and you can not match the same time. So if you don't use a program there is no problem.

also :
    If the ban those players its good but keep in mind some off them pay kano allot. So the earn money from them. If the ban those people the will lose that kind of income and without income the game is close. Simple as that. And this game need to have a income. To there and or shame the can not ban all off them. Because the kicking them self's at the end.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

While you may think that is true, Xextreem, and even though Kano does need paying players, there are always new players all the time willing to spend money, I have witnessed a " VERY" big spender banned, I imagine many who may spend less as individuals and who don't cheat is better than one Big spender who does cheat.

10. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

agreed, let kano kick cheaters to the curb in the end it'll be better for all...

11. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

again i agree 100%... scripters and bots r ruining the game and costing kano $1000 of dollars in revenue... i've always viewed alts as more targets and as Denton said all you're doing is taking time u could have invested on your main...

12. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

While I applaud the decision to try and catch more cheaters, I am in full accord with Polish and Demonik. It's simply unacceptable that the minis get banned while the mains remain. Getting an account to level 500 or 1000 takes considerably less time than having to build up an account after losing a level 3k+ account. So yes, off with the Hydra's heads. Cause let's face it, a main account spouting alts is a Hydra.

Sure, some may argue that the alts are not that detrimental to the game, but this is a fallacy. Most alts are created with only one purpose, strengthening the main account. Sure, slave is right, on ZS a cash cow makes less sense, as income is more or less capped, but on the other games, a cash cow has a discernable impact.

Bot-users, Macro-users, Scripters, those guys definitely need to be weeded out, too, as they are grave offenders against the rules, but giving alt-users carté blanche to continue as they did is seriously damaging the game too.

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This is meant for all games and the three that have the alt problems that do harm the games and help the main accounts where they can even use them to level, have seen it,as well as bosses, listing etc, PC,VC, LCN, yes the main if it continues making alts or taking over someone else's account ,which I have seen also,should possibly, be banned I know quite a few in PC guilty of all of those things.

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

No doubts that script being used to refill things is very bad, but to diminish the negative impact some alts have is absolutely insane. Granted...there are many alts that really dont pose a threat to the games but there is just as many that do. Cash cows make a large impact but multiple alts supplying limitless bosses with good drops and XP has a mammoth impact. These guys level like crazy and have a limitless supply of these drops. Some of the highest levels in the games got there that way. Another negative impact is the thugs that try and run people out of the games by tag teaming them with alts. I dont believe in bullying in these games but having more than one account def gives one an advantage over others.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback regarding this announcement. To address some concerns that having the developers handing out manual freezes takes away resources from other stuff (like new content, achievements et cetera), it doesn't, this system is set up to be very efficient.

In regards to alt accounts, we know that's an ongoing concern in all the games and it's something we'll be looking at to see what new ways we can address it (sort of along the lines of this announcement). We've been collecting the feedback from this thread, as we always do, so we appreciate your input! :)

16. FrootLoop

FrootLoop New Member

My vote.....BAN the cheaters!! Screw just freezing them! Kick their sorry cheating butts to the curb and don't let the IP addresses back in...PERIOD!

17. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

An IP-Ban is rather pointless. It's way too easy to circumvent this. I've seen people circumvent IP-Bans before.

18. Lets see if it works, Most of all of us know there are many many cheaters in this game, we play along side with them daily because they have continued to get away with it. Guess we'll see how this all plays out.

19. The one thing you should really think about Kano, Is the fact you have banned their "ALTS" If you really like to get your point across. Ban their MAIN as well. The idiots in the game know the rules. Know they are not supposed to be doing it. So if they choose too. They deserve to lose All of their ACCOUNTS.

20. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Once again, so much negativity for making a general announcement. Months and months you all cry and wail about cheaters......here Kano comes out saying they are making an upgrade to their system, and you all shit on it.

If you're that amazing, and you have that much insight, then put in your application to work for them and fix it your damn self. If not, then calm down and play within the confines that have been established. Is it the end-all, cure-all for cheats and such???? No, but it's a step in the right direction, isn't it? Why not just a casual, thanks Kano.....and go about your business?

Take it for what it is....an upgrade. Can't believe how often this happens and how it's the same people each time, as if you and you alone control the machine that is KANO.

On a positive note, I'm pleased to see Slave with some defense of this. LOL... always nice to see level-headedness (is that a word?) come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.