Inactive Player Results For Halloween Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TabithaMoon, Nov 1, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The length of the arena has nothing to do with the particular topic. Its about actives vs inactives and whether or not inactives deserve to rank as highly as they do. When there are those out there actually taking the time and using in-game resources and possibly even real life resources to play in the arena ....how does it make sense that someone that contributes nothing merits more than someone that is making a contribution in one form or another? I totally get the whole "life happens" thing...it sucks...but it is what it is. Because someone else has a job or school that doesnt allow them to show up for a particular reason or an unfortunate set of circumstances led to one not being able to show up....does that make them somehow more worthy then the ones that didnt encounter bad timing or unfortunate circumstances?

Its just a game after all...its not like we were born into this world with the inalienable right to be able to play this game. Does anybody even argue what the intent of the arena is and why it came to be? Its clearly documented that the arena was intended for active players that liked the PVP aspect..is there something wrong with that? So why is there even a debate as to why inactive players shouldnt fair as well as those that are active? Its not as if anyone is saying inactives cant enter, they can still sign up, get their free XP and a shot at some type of reward for doing nothing. But in good conscious how can anybody argue that they deserve more of a reward than those that are actually supporting the arena by actually participating in it the way it was intended?

People have taken the stance that it is unfair because they were late and when they finally showed up they were dead. What the heck did u expect to happen.....for everyone to sit around and wait for every last person who entered to show up before they started playing? Kano had the foresight to make sure that what ever happened in the arena wouldnt effect ones regular game...so whats the big deal if u couldnt make it or u showed up late? You still got the free XP did u not? There will be more arenas will there not? Lets be honest....most players just sign up for the free XP and never have any intention of playing and thats just fine, now that u got your free XP you should be happy, why not allow the players that actually enjoy playing in the arena enjoy and be rewarded for actually doing what the arena was intended to do? If you see a bounty go up but u dont go for it do u expect that you should get a piece of it? In reality...if the person that got that bounty has u in their inner circle than u will get a piece of it and thats pretty cool....but u dont get credit for the kill or one step closer to the bounty kill achievement do u? No...for that u have to actually participate and go for the bounties. Why should the arena be any different?

There is no doubt that inactives players contribute in a way....they do allow for active players to get more levels which is great and all...but does it somehow entitle them to better rewards? Personally...I dont sign up for an arena I want to participate in until shortly before the arena starts because I know that "life happens" and I know that I have rivals that are just chomping at the bit to find me sitting there completely inactive and I dont want to give them the satisfaction. But we all have seen many of the same people complain time and time again about how they couldnt make it and were dead in short order. Why are these players signing up 10 days early? I suppose we could make it so nobody could sign up until the day of the arena....that would eliminate most the excuses and still allow those who only want the free XP to still sign up.

In the end....if we continue to do things the way they are its only going to get worse. Players who have no intention of every actively participating in an arena are just getting stronger and we will see more and more of them pushing active players out of the ranks and essentially wasting the rewards in which they wont be eligible for due to inactivity. Clearly this is not what the arena intended. Whats the point of ranking lets say 9th in the arena while remaining inactive? You wont get the rewards for placing 9th, you will only get the rewards as if you placed 26th-50th. Knowing this why not allow the players that actually participated and supported the arena those rankings and their corresponding rewards?

Its been argued that its the active players fault for taking each other out early on which allows the inactives (in defensive stance) to move up further. Theres really no arguing that point but what it essentially does is punish those for actually showing up on time and actually participating and it promotes inactivity. Whats the solution to this....for everyone to start in defensive mode and wait around for 2-3 hrs until everyone comes out of defensive stance? That doesnt exactly sound like a whole lot of fun to me. Maybe the answer is to not allow players to start in defensive stance. If u want to go into defensive stance thats fine but you will have to actually physically be there to put yourself into it once the arena starts. If for some reason your late aor cant show up at all and end up dead...that sucks but its not like you paid some steep price for it and you still got your free XP. Better luck next time or perhaps try not signing up until an hour before the arena when u know for a fact that u can be there

2. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

That still doesn't show me as being rude. How is that rude? Please explain how suggestions on enforcing what the arena is meant to be "rude". The arena is for FIGHTING. It isn't for sitting back watching people hit your defense, going to sleep, running errands, playing another game, etc... and doing absolutely nothing to earn anything. Rewards are supposed to be earned. Please explain to me how doing nothing warrants earning battle awards?

None of us have to "deal with it." We can express our opinions and see what the devs think. There was a time when it was said participants had to have 100 attacks to qualify (in so many words), but we are seeing that isn't the case. As players, we have every right to express our opinions. KANO has shown time and time again that they welcome our feedback. mi7ch has commented on this thread and the other one their gratitude for threads like this and that they are seriously discussing the feedback so far.

3. TabithaMoon

Polish, I think that about covers it! Thanks! ;)

Also, I like that KANO changes its times for each arena, keeping in mind the different countries and time zones people play in. We don't have to play every arena. It's just a fun part of the game. When we do get to play, we should be able to play as it was intended or it just becomes another hit-and-hide that's already killing the PVP aspect in the rest of the game.

I always put myself in defense when I sign up because I have forgotten about the start times before. (I sign up immediately after an arena ends.) Defense stance isn't supposed to last all night, though. Mine is usually for an hour or so to start with. If I'm not on when it becomes disabled, that's my fault and I'll take my death like a good pirate lol. Some of these seemed to be in defense mode for the entire length of the game. That's kind of weird. I didn't think that was possible. I'm all for the time for starting out in defense being limited to less than an hour because not everyone can be there at the starting second. It shouldn't last the entire game, though.

Anyway, Thanks, Polish, and others for their thoughts. We certainly have given KANO a lot to consider, and I appreciate that they read and take our experiences and opinions seriously.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The higher a players defense the longer their def mode lasts,if yours last an hour,means your defense is alot lower than others. I am a high defense player, I always play fighting games that way, the arena does not change that about my game play, never did and never will but my other skills are excellent for my level also. I play for the everyday game, I do not live or die by the arena.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
  5. why people are crying about inactive guys are having a good rank ?

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

My guess they want to get easy quick lvl's and not wait it out. I got a ? How is arena PVP when they don't hit back usually? They get pounded on=go to defense what's the difference than if started def mode. (I'd be one to argue "which I am" with this, the active then has full def time, while inactive can't reset till time allows) One person could say def time is way to long OK, so take that away. Now higher attack builds have the advantage? (and don't pull the trump card on high attack already loosing to player that never lose 2 in normal game, cause it's not normal game rules are different) The only way I do see out of this is POLISHES original idea is to scale back def time on all players,(ONLY ON the less player based networks) but your still going to have to wait it out 2+ hrs to get a inactives out.=same outcome pretty much.

7. polishpimp

Your comment has some validity but unfortunately its on the wrong topic. Yes...we're talking about the arena but but 2 different aspects of it. The whole defensive stance vs the length of the arena is one thing that needs to be dealt with for sure and i appreciate you agreeing with my idea, but this thread has to do with rewards in the arena. No matter what we or Kano does there will always be inactive players. The question is do they deserve to be ranked higher than the active players the arena was intended for. Is there a point to them ranking higher? A player can win the arena while being completely inactive and still only get the rewards as if they finished 26-50...so whats the point? Those rewards get totally wasted because then nobody gets them. Doesnt it make sense that an active player that actually contributed to the arena in terms of time and resources get those rewards? It is the "battle arena" after all, not the "just enter and do nothing while your watching jerry springer arena". Thats kind of like someone winning the lottery without even buying a ticket....lol

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OK PIMP, yes I believe an inactive does deserve the right to get rewards 50th+ as KANO set the rules awhile back with ZERO attacks.

The question is do they deserve to be ranked higher than the active players the arena was intended for.
    Absolutely, actives get level's=their reward.

Is there a point to them ranking higher?
    Thought it was PVP you wanted? Take out active is PVP, not inactive.

Doesnt it make sense that an active player that actually contributed to the arena in terms of time and resources get those rewards?
    Not IMO actives get levels, it's not PVP inactives get everything they deserve.

not the "just enter and do nothing while your watching jerry springer arena".
    Jerry rocks LOL, pays as well 'show or no show' on motel room/food/flight, BAD EXAMPLE PIMP.

TabithaMoon likes this.
  9. polishpimp

OK PIMP, yes I believe an inactive does deserve the right to get rewards 50th+ as KANO set the rules awhile back with ZERO attacks.

Im confused. In this thread ive not said that inactives did not deserve rewards....I said actives should rank above inactives. after thats happened if there are still rewards to be had ...by all means give them to the inactives in order of finish.

The question is do they deserve to be ranked higher than the active players the arena was intended for.
    Absolutely, actives get level's=their reward.

Active players deserve everything. They deserve to rank higher and get the rewards and they deserve to level...they actually participated. the levels are rewards for the stamina usage. The rank is reward for strategy, strengths and perseverance.

Is there a point to them ranking higher?
    Thought it was PVP you wanted? Take out active is PVP, not inactive.

Huh? how is this an answer to the question? whats the point of an inactive ranking higher than 26th? No matter where they finish above 26th place they will only get the rewards as if they finished 26th thru 50th.

Doesnt it make sense that an active player that actually contributed to the arena in terms of time and resources get those rewards?
    Not IMO actives get levels, it's not PVP inactives get everything they deserve.

ok, like u said...inactives get what they deserve. So what is it they get that they deserve? they get rewards for placing 26th or less even if they rank higher than that. So whats the point of ranking them higher than 26th place? That makes zero sense. If they dont get rewarded for more than 26th they shouldnt rank higher than 26th...THAT MAKES SENSE!

not the "just enter and do nothing while your watching jerry springer arena".
    Jerry rocks LOL, pays as well 'show or no show' on motel room/food/flight, BAD EXAMPLE PIMP.

LOL...your killing me here...jerry springer is brain rot. who cares if it pays or not? It was not given as an example it was merely a name of a stupid TV program someone might be watching rather than playing the arena. No comment about the lottery example? I thought for sure that would of got a response from u...wasnt it one of yours?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I wanna win the lottery !!!!!

11. I don't see any reason why inactive shouldn't be rewarded when they rank in a good rank! It's your problem my dear when an inactive guy build his stats in a way that will let him survive more than the active guys! Even if "luck" was on his stats.

Dream Baby Dream

12. TabithaMoon

I know!! Me, too! My heart sinks every time I even get a "Sorry! No Matching Numbers.." message lol.
    And it's funny because I always talk about "If I ever win the lottery...." (real lottery), but I never buy a ticket LOL!

13. TabithaMoon

Which would be all well and good if this wasn't a fighting feature. You want luck, buy the lottery numbers.

14. polishpimp

Inactive players already dont get full rewards if they place 25th or better. So if they dont get rewards any better than 26th regardless of where they rank, than why should they be allowed to rank higher? All thats happening is perfectly good rewards arent being awarded , so they are being wasted. The arena was intended to be all about PVP, being inactive is not PVP. Kano obviously wanted players to be active and thats why there is a 100 attack minimum to get full rewards. But what good is it to penalize inactives if they are still taking up space in the top 25 and keeping the actives from getting rewards? Personally I think this is a bad call and it just further promotes inactivity which is not inkeeping with the intent of the arena, at the very least it was oversight on Kanos behalf which means its a loophole.

15. never say PVP .. even though when you are active , you ain't gonna attack the guy that are attacking you. You will be looking for someone that you can beat and win at, not attacking the guy that is attacking you!
    So why crying about active and inactive !

Arena is different than the lottery ; ) , and its not my problem when my stats can let me survive more than your stats while i am inactive and you are active ..

16. TabithaMoon

If you are comfortable with exploiting the flaw in the system since you can't fight in a fighting game, more power to you. You are right, though, that it isn't your problem. It's KANO's problem that they are awarding inactive players abusing the loophole that rewards non-fighters in a fighting feature.

Also, in the event you didn't realize it, yes, you CAN hit a person back and fight each other. All you have to do is watch under your health bar to see who last attacked you. Attack them right away and then it begins. Not that this would mean anything to someone who is only interested in free XP, but it might help someone out there who actually plays the game and deserves the awards he gets.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Tabitha PVP only comes into play in arena in the very end and if actually play then you know it, otherwise one of 2 players back off or go defense. PVP is a loose term in arena, it's more like beat the chit out of inactives to get higher health and then can pound on actives.

18. TabithaMoon

I'm sorry that has been your experience, Matthew. If YOU actually played, you would know that beneath your avatar is a name for the last person who attacked you. While you are attacking someone, if you see a name pop up, you can quickly click the "attack" link beside their name, thus beginning a battle with them. I have only had one person go into hiding after doing that because I was winning. Others just simply shared a few hits and then moved on or had to to battle someone else hitting them. Again, sorry you haven't taken advantage of the PVP aspect because it's fun.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yup I don't play it LOL FB VC >>
    Battle Arena
    Total Attacks: 292716
    Top 5% Finishes: 23
    Top 10% Finishes: 27
    Top 20% Finishes: 28
    Total Kills: 461