[ZS] Zombie Slayer Battle Arena October 22

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 21, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago we introduced a new feature to the Zombie Slayer Battle Arena called the Fortitude Bar. For those of you who have forgotten, Fortitude is represented by a green bar on your screen (see the screenshot) and it is essentially a measurement of the amount of attacks you make in a short period of time.

fortitude bar.jpg
    Click to embiggen.

We looked over the feedback on the previous thread and made some improvements and refinements to the Bar so hopefully those who were impacted by it last time around won't be this time (or at least it won't be as severe). For everyone else, things will stay the same.

We're going to utilize the Fortitude Bar once again in this week's Arena and see if and where it fits in with our plans for the games going forward. We know that a lot of you weren't exactly thrilled with the Fortitude Bar, but we'd like to do another trial run with Zombie Slayer to gather some more data. The Fortitude Bar will be in place for tomorrow's Battle Arena at 6:00 pm PDT. As always, if you have any feedback, please leave it below.

2. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

u should make that bar for pirate clan an mob wars as well :)

3. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Attacks 3,541
    Kills 2
    Wins 1,118
    Losses 118
    Biggest Attack 1,615,206 damage

I've had 7 or 8 sniped within the first 30 minutes. Yeah I'm done. Everything stays dead. There were what 172 that even signed up?

Gee what fun.

Should I bother mentioning the 138k damage I do? Or the fact that with the highest defense in the game I lose when attacked?

Why don't y'all just say hey the BA and anything that gives skills is only for High attack High health accounts. Don't bother playing if you have anything else.

More than 1/2 of the loyal slayers that have played arena didn't even bother coming online to play.

And by the way? My click speed HAS to be slow or I highlight I have it set to tripple click to highlight for easy copy paste and my stupid bar moves. At the rate I click it shouldn't even wobble.

And totally off the BA topic but Not worthy of a whole new thread..........

Why don't y'all just cede that KP is a bust. A good deal of that has to do with you never gave an incentive to come and play there. Busy promoting armored but can't be bothered with your own home.

I was considering going back to FB and playing that one but you know I gotta say. This sours me on it. Why fight through the drama for a game that has consistently gone downhill for the last year. Asks for tickets then gives you a canned answer and ignores you? Continually implements restrictions but gives nothing new? Has become greedy with the cash for un with the price of items? Adds broken chats and generally gives it's users the brush off.

Attacks 3,691
    Kills 3
    Wins 1,187
    Losses 130
    Biggest Attack 1,615,206 damage

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  4. AlterEgoT

but yet........

xxxxxxxxx
    Attacks 458
    Kills 5
    Wins 244
    Losses 10
    Biggest Attack 1,867,142 damage

XXxXxXXxXxXxXXxXxXx
    Attacks 4,140
    Kills 9
    Wins 1,500
    Losses 214
    Biggest Attack 1,874,688 damage

Xxxxxx
    Attacks 417
    Kills 3
    Wins 376
    Losses 551
    Biggest Attack 1,359,629 damage

Way to reward your users......................:p

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Did you try switching up your strategy in this arena at all?

polishpimp likes this.
  6. im the beast

im the beast Member

ok the bar surly is moving alot ive been in red a few times on big and small targets i would just go do my outbreaks and go back to attacking and that seem to help alittle i dont know if it the start time not many acullty playing but i didnt get sniped many times..so all in all much better but the attack registering is slow for sure, seems la 3rd of my clicks are attacking.. if that makes since...

7. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

Woot! I got mentioned, I was the one in the middle and then of course, Xxxxxxx killed me.

8. im the beast

im the beast Member

Attacks 79,446
    Kills 90
    Wins 22,670
    Losses 5,717
    Biggest Attack 4,396,651 damage- much better this time around the bar still is dropping but im getting my kills so i guess all good

9. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

Congrats on the placement, and you did kill me on my FB BA. lol

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I dont know if it the fortitude bar or what, i only recently started participating in the ZS arenas . But damn is it diff than the other 3 games arenas. Maybe its because people dont have as much stamina because there is less need for it in ZS? People play this arena completely diff than the other 3.....its seems to be all about sniping. The ZS arena lasts way longer than the others despite the low participation numbers. It seems like no one wants to take anyone down...they all just seem to wait for someone else to do that and then pounce on the kill like a pack of hyenas....lol. Has this always been that way in ZS or is it a result of the fortitude bar? Im fine with sniping as a strategy especially at the lesser levels as its really the only viable option....but it seems to be taken to a whole other level in ZS. Just curious more than anything.

11. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

It has always been that way. It is harder to level if you're at my level, and my 1k stamina hits around 300k out of like 700k+ to level. So yeah, I had to snipe some to be on top.

12. polishpimp

that makes sense...ty for the reply

13. slave

slave Member

it is turning more into a sniping game thanks to kano, who with their brilliant moves and exemplary customer service, with replies like...."its an added layer of strategy" (god they must think we are total idiots)

because not as many people are buying UN, and without people buying UN, there are less people driving the arena (yup yup, im one of those less people). i used to actually use un to drive the arena, now i just take advantage of the nearly 3 hours of defensive time, that kano in another brilliant strategy move, allows us to have after installing an attack bar to speed up arena, but not changing defensive stances.
    so with fewer people like me doing 100k attacks(you know where that is impossible to achieve without cheating....), there are more people sniping than ever before....

14. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

Your Rank is 133!. Gee thanks Kano, managed 0 kills. Stupid Fortitude bar, ran out again. Last arena 2 kills. OH WOW, this rate it'll take me years to achieve the arena achievements. WOOOOO *rolls eyes*:mad:

15. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

The fortitude throttle was definitely better this go around. However I still hit the red, but only on high health targets where a lot more attacks were necessary. I don't understand why it would be triggered to hit the red if my click speed is the same on both low health and high health opponents. I also do not think that all of my clicks were not registering as attacks.

I also did one of those online click speed test thingies right before the start of arena, and my average click speed is 9 per second.

16. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I don't even think i was taking out more than 200million health at a time thanks to working together on kong and me and a faction mate both hit red this round, and i was even slowing up on purpose until the very end. I could very easily move that fortitude bar.

17. polishpimp

Im not trying to trash the fortude bar, im just still trying to get my mind around this whole fortitude bar thing so I still have questions. At this point with it only being in ZS I dont know if Im getting the best idea of of what makes it trigger as my ZS account is pretty lame. Im concerned that this fortitude bar will be released to the other games before the bulk of Kanos players really have an understanding of how it will effect their games. ZS is but a small segment of Kanos players and the other games have a lot more players of a higher levels. If it makes it to the other games I fear that it will then become a permanent fixture much like the attack slider did. We now know that the attack slider was a bad idea for some of the platforms because of low participation numbers. , yet it still remains in all the games. Im not sure why but Kano seems to have an aversion to customizing things from one platform to the next despite the diffs in participation numbers and environment in all but the rarest of cases ( axe slap help being one)

After reading all the posts there does seem to be a bit of a pattern in that it (fortitude bar) seems to be affecting larger accounts more. Its been said that "level" has nothing to do with it. Its been said that its not tied to stamina either. But then Mitch goes on to say...."The Fortitude Bar represents how long you can hit your opponent before taking an impact to the damage you're dishing out.". How long one can hit an opponent uninterrupted def seems like its tied to stamina in a round about way. If u dont have the stamina for sustained attacking while not having to stop for a refill....are one chances of triggering the fortitude bar less likely? If a player indeed has an abundance of stamina and can sustain attacks over much longer periods are their chances of triggering the fortitude bar more likely? If the answer is yes to either of these question then it would seem that it is tied to stamina in a way and essentially one is being penalized for excess stamina. If this is the case...It would concern me if this were to be implemented in the other games as they are much more stamina driven than ZS.

Another concern is that with the addition of the attack slider the arenas are now much shorter in duration (kanoplay)which has made having a large defense much more advantages in that now players can ride out an entire arena in defensive stance. If what Mitch said is accurate..."The Fortitude Bar represents how long you can hit your opponent before taking an impact to the damage you're dishing out.", than it would seem the fortitude bar will be adding even more of an advantage in terms of defense for some players. Once the fortitude bar is triggered ones attacks become less effective and basically forces a player to slow down or even stop attacking that target. How is that not a defensive advantage for the ones being targeted at the time their attacker triggers the fortitude bar? Once again there seems to be a bit of a pattern in that the fortitude bar seems to be triggered more often on a larger health target. Do high health targets deserve/need more of an advantage over their lower health counterparts?

Its also been said that The addition of the fortitude bar was to help catch those abusing the rules. Has it caught anybody yet? Or are u guys still dialing it in and its to early to start banning players?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  18. AlterEgoT

Those of us with stamina will no longer be using it in the arena. Quite frankly I get better XP from bosses. And the satisfaction of actually killing something.

19. AlterEgoT

exactly..........

20. im the beast

im the beast Member

id honestly like to see the number of players go up for fb zs we barly had 1200 join.. we used to have 1500plus if i was kano i would wonder what i am doing wrong for my players to be leaving or not wanting to part take in a part of or game...and out of all the people i seen post here only one has liked the chagnes to ba and that person pro dont even play it..lol. really kano you need to start listening...