BOSS Inquiries

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RuNnYoOzE, Aug 2, 2010.

1. RuNnYoOzE

RuNnYoOzE New Member

Hey those in the "know" I was wondering if we are in say "brazil" DO we still have to keep challenging these Canada and USA bosses........it seems like I'm spinning my wheels!:confused:

2. Quake

Quake New Member

I would gather that you would need to finish the pre-req at the end of the level to open the boss

3. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

You might not *have* to keep fighting the bosses from previous countries, though you're fighting the next level up each time and get achievements (and skill points!) at levels 1, 5, 10, etc. You get loads of drops (I rarely have to request a specific part as a gift because I fight bosses so often they keep me stocked), plenty of money, and the XP is invaluable. So, while you may dislike fighting the same bosses over and over, you're getting a lot in return and you're fighting the next level, so it's not the exact same boss again and again.

4. Maacbre

Maacbre New Member

Special power attacks

When enough people join in for an attack against a boss, special poer attack is unlocked, can you keep this? Where do you veiw it? Can you Swap it for a nother one and How do you do it? :)

5. AbNo

AbNo Member

It's just for that instance of that boss fight. It goes away when the boss fight is over, and is only used for that particular level of that boss.

6. LamDX

LamDX New Member

can someone explain why i can do 4k dmg from a power attack to the Flamenco Dancer Zombie (Level 3 Spain Coop Boss)

yet i only do

1.2k dmg to someone else's Hillbilly Zombie (Level 2 United States Coop Boss)

seems stupid to me.

7. SteveW

SteveW Member

I wonder this too. Your attack on a high level boss is diminished the stronger he is comparative to you, however, it doesn't seem to go the other way when fighting a douche bag boss with significantly lower stats than your own?

8. Jessica

Jessica Member

I've been wondering that too I can do 7-8k damage on a higher level boss with much higher def/health but a low level boss with less health and less def can make my damage go down to 1-2k. It seems like no matter what health/attack you have you can only take off a certain percentage of the boss's hp max maybe?

9. RuNnYoOzE

RuNnYoOzE New Member

I guess they want everyone to be equal...then what the hell am I levelling up my health for! :mad:

10. SteveW

SteveW Member

Adding more health does do more damage, I checked it when I leveled up during a boss fight fight. It must mean that the total damage done to a boss is in some way restricted though.

You still need health for the bigger bosses, it's just capped for lower bosses I guess.

11. im pretty sure your right.
    if someone has massive health and attack and there was no cap on damage,then they might kill it in like 3 or 4 hits lol.

12. LamDX

LamDX New Member

shouldnt that be the point?

if someone requests for help to kill bosses, obviously they want it to die as soon as possible. it defeats the purpose of having stronger squad members when they do so little damage.

at least that is how i want it to be, otherwise the only useful squad members are those that are at a similar level to myself. the only exception is co-op bosses which require a minimum amount of damage dealt to receive a reward.

but yeah, a new player who just started the game asked for my help to kill the marine zombie and i just did not do enough damage to justify helping her when those stamina points are better saved for my own bosses.

so in reality it has made me not want to help fellow slayers except to fill in the numbers required to unlock the next power attack.

13. i myself dont see the point in unlocking power attacks since they disappear after the boss is dead.but alot for some reason want those unlocks.and if someone was able to kill the boss in 3 or 4 hits,then you would most likely be declanned or asked not to help anymore since your damage is too strong.

so in a way i see the point of capping it to some extent.

14. SteveW

SteveW Member

Okay, figured it out. Boss fights are capped based on the health you have. If you have much more health than required for a low level boss you hits are capped at that particular health level.

Conversely, you can attack a boss with too low a health value and the game even tells you with an orange message saying your health is low compared to the boss. This proves that each boss has a theoretical cap on damage per attack based on your personal health value. This also means you only require as much health as the hardest boss you are fighting. It also means I need more health...lol! :D

15. health and attack combined is the key to damage.
    just focus on health and after a while your damage will either stay the same or actually go down if you neglect attack.

16. StormriderX

StormriderX New Member

How much damage is too much damage - surely the point of killing the boss is making sure it dies asap - why would someone be declanned (as mentioned in a earlier post) for dealing too much damage:confused:

17. SteveW

SteveW Member

Of course you need attack too, that goes without saying. I was suggesting that there is a point for each boss where no matter how high your health is it will no longer increase the damage you deal.

I would guess that the same is true for attack which is why we only deal 1-2K of damage to low level bosses whilst dealing much higher damage to higher level bosses.