what are you doing about zombie arena and this farce of a fortitude bar?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by slave, Oct 17, 2013.

1. slave

slave Member

i see you graciously closed the other thread and your hoping we will just forget about it?

i want to know why my stamina is not worth 100 percent attack effectiveness as everyone elses?
    i think thats a fair question, i have yet to see any answer from kano, a developer, or anyone else.

do you know why? cuz no one has an answer......
    your handicapping me because i have high stamina, and i had to pay double for each pt of stamina i put on!
    did you handicap energy players? so when they do 5 outbreaks in a row, their energy drops in half? no
    did you handicap fighters? so when they attack someone 20 times their attack effectiveness drops by 50 percent? no

but you did handicap anyone with high stamina in arena....lame, lame, lame, lame

as a company you should be ashamed of yourselves for doing things to level the playing field, those are our choices to build our account, and then you put in code to penalize because you dont like it....

i dont know what else to say, and apparently neither does kano, kendall mitch or anyone else reading this from kano

but i know this...its lame
    can you hear me now?

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Fortitude Bar thread is still open, and it's right here.

It's been clarified several times by myself and Kendall/Eric that the Fortitude Bar has nothing to do with Stamina, or player level, or anything of that sort. Re-reading through the thread we've tried to make this clear several times, I'm not sure what else we can say (and no, we won't discuss specific details surrounding your account here on the forums, that is something we don't encourage).

If you have not yet submitted a ticket to Support for an explanation, I would suggest doing so.

3. slave

slave Member

yes mitch it does and it was admitted by kano, my god did you even read my post?

let me find where kano admits it...

this is a direct quote from kendall

It does take into account other factors, speed, quantity, timing etc but if you were not able to make it move I would be surprised if you could with a higher level character etc. Re-reading the original post I am not sure how else to state the intent so I will repeat it here:

"The Fortitude Bar represents how long you can hit your opponent before taking an impact to the damage you're dishing out. When the bar is green or yellow, then you can use the Stamina slider to maximum effect and hit as hard as you normally do. When you enter the red area of the bar, you'll begin to notice that your attacks are less effective. If you persist during this phase, you will enter cooldown. You'll still be able to attack, but in addition to being weaker there will now be an short interval between you attacks."

this is what im unhappy about, the part about being in the red zone and noticing my attacks are LESS EFFECTIVE, and if i continue to attack, which i do cuz the kill is right there, i will enter cooldown.

let me tell you this, if i didnt have extreme stamina i would probably never hit this, but i do and i do hit this and therefore you are penalizing me, ME! for having enough stamina to continue to attack into the red zone, im not sure what else i have to say to get that across to you! people with low stamina will never ever ever trip this! they cant attack enough to get there, but i can, and because i can, my attackes are reduced in effectiveness solely because i built up enough stamina to attack non stop.

thats what im so upset about
    your fortitude bar penalizes people with high stamina plain and simple
    your not catching people with auto clickers, your penalizing people with high stam builds

im not sure what else i can say to get you to realize why im so upset
    you arent going to fix it, i can send tickets into support till im blue in the face
    i challenged you in the closed thread to play along with me using PC anywhere in next arena, so your devleoper can see exactly what this does to my account

why let people build stamina to 2500 when you penalize them in a format where they finally get to use it?
    why give achievements for same when theres no value to having it?
    i built it up specifically to dominate in arena, and now when i use it, its effectiveness is reduced by YOU!!!!!

can you understand that?

4. slave

slave Member

file a ticket to support so i can get the canned answer that reducing my attack effecitveness is a strategy? yeah its a strategy alright, a strategy that snipers are loving when they can hit at 100 percent on every single attack they make yet i have to enter cooldown periods for mine to be effective

that sounds fair and strategic....

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

My understanding, and forgive me if I'm wrong here, is that having a higher amount of Stamina will allow you to attack for longer than someone else. What the Fortitude Bar does is measure how many attacks you're making within a specific time period, not how many attacks you're making overall. What affects the amount of damage you do is your Health and Attack stat (along with equipped items). So, having a lot of Stamina won't make the bar move, because Stamina does not allow you to attack faster, just for longer. What makes the bar move is attacking a lot within a certain time frame.

There are a few players with Stamina near your area that did not move the bar, or if they did it was very slight.

6. hell have no fury

hell have no fury New Member

Well i would also like to mention that almost every opponent i attacked the bar moved lower and lower with each attack.I hit the red atleast on 15 different opponents and for an example started to take out an opponent with around 200 million health and i almost drained the fortitude bar.The only thing that kept me from cooldown was i slowed my attacks down to a slow click,click,click instead of a smooth constant rythm click.The bar moved on the first slayer I attacked until the end of the arena when I suicided out.I am shocked by how many players said the bar never moved for them.It sounds to me that the most aggressive attackers caused the bar to move.This made my arena slower and changed nothing else for me i still finished fourth.Whatever the reason for the fortitude bar it is worthless addition to an arena. Get rid of it please. brian

7. slave

slave Member

i can drop the bar so fast and so easy its pathetic and im doing nothing more than using a cheapo non wireless mouse from staples

there is a serious flaw in your coding or you are singling out my account

it s one or the other, take your pick...

8. im the beast

im the beast Member

i have to agree with slave and brain, ive heard from many others that they could not move the bar no matter how hard they tryed and i could pretty much drop it at will... so please get rid of it ..

9. slave

slave Member

so i submitted a ticket and here is the response....

Hi Denton,

Thanks for contacting us with your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling frustrated by the recent updates to the Arena. The new Fortitude indicator is meant to add an extra layer of strategy and help players apply their attacks where they will be most effective, as well as provide some extra barriers to players attempting to use bots or cheats.

This feature has been applied to the entirety of the Arena and does not single out any particular player, however I have passed your comments along to the team and we will continue to evaluate the Fortitude system to see how we can improve.

Regards,

Melanie
    Zombie Slayer Support

really? that is what i got? what a wonderful waste of time that was, and you guys wonder why people are fleeing your games like rats from a sinking ship????????????????????????

10. slave

slave Member

and this is what i submitted...

playing in the last arena i was only too easily able to reduce the fortitude bar, and by doing so was penalized in arena for attacking, ie, i had to spend more stamina to attack than my opponents because i hit the red zone and kano reduced the effectiveness of my attacks. i could hit the red zone or time out pretty much any time i wanted to, the only way to avoid it was to slow down attacking. I dont feel i should have to slow down my attacking, the objective of arena is to kill before you get killed, other people are not having to slow down their attacks, why do i?

i have been extremely vocal in forum about this, and mitch suggested i send in a ticket, i dont like that im on a meter for attacking and the more i attack the more the meter goes down, i feel i am being punished unfairly for having the ability to attack for longer periods because i have 2500 stamina or more when i begin attacking. i went into the red zone during regular play and in the bonus rounds going after anyone over 200 million i was always in the red zone or having to stop attacking before i was put into time out.

this is the same account that tripped your throttle repeatedly, even though you promised anyone not cheating would ever trip your throttle, again it was all too easy.

i use a revolt computer, standard non wireless mouse (cheapest available at staples), do not have hot keys or scripts or bots or anything else but a 53 year old finger that is a steady click when i attack.

i invite you to PC anywhere next arena so you can see how easily my account dips into the red zone.

i want it fixed, i am believing if no one else is having this trouble that you have my account coded to slow down, if that is so, please remove it i have done nothing other than try to win.

11. slave

slave Member

so i guess my extra layer of strategy is to slow down my attacks....

not sure how that is gonna be strategic for me but it will sure as hell help the snipers, so i guess that would be strategic for them....

12. hell have no fury

Have to agree there is no new layer of stragedy that is complete b.s. So yes this slows me down but ultimately will not change my gameplay i will still wreck people just at a slower pace.And kano contonues to drive people from this game with its new IMPROVEMENTS. Probably 85 percent of feedback has been negative so this new feature should be scrapped.The fortitude bar is a waste. thanks brian

13. domino

domino Member

slave how much is your defense >?

14. slave

slave Member

Defense 8553

Total Modified att - 671,511 def - 714,957

not sure what defense you mean, so first one is basic defense, second one is pulled from arena

15. domino

domino Member

very interesting strategy 8500 defense + 2500 stamina lol .... i dont know..., but i have 100 defense and 6000 attack and my"" bar "" dont move from ""green""" and 1500 stamina

16. hell have no fury

i have 9200 att and def and 1300 stamina and my bar moves constantly.It is aggressive attackers that get the bar to move.once gain a waste changes nothing just slows me down a bit

17. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I would like to hear what Kano thinks is an extra layer of strategy specifically. Its apparent that the fortitude bar makes uber fast player slow down or be punished for not doing so. When I hear.... "extra layer of strategy"...Im thinking "in addition to". But its not" in addition to" if you are eliminating some other form of strategy to force one to change their style of play ...it then becomes "in place of". Is this "extra layer of strategy" something other than someone having to alter ones strategy in direct response to the implementation of the fortitude bar?

I really have no problem with the fortitude bar being there with the intent of catching cheats but I have a real issue with someone potentially losing a kill because they have to either slow down, are in "cool down" or their attacks arent at full strength.

Is it possible to to pgovern the number of attacks per second? Kano must have some idea of how many clicks per second is humanly possible and what isnt. For examples sake lets say 5 clicks per second is humanly possible....cant Kano just make it so the game wont register more than 5 clicks per second...even if a player clicked 10 times per second? If this is possible it would spread the slowness out so to speak and we wouldnt have to have the ill affects of our attacks being anything less than optimal. It would effect everyone the same so I dont think it would effect the sniping aspect negatively. Am i making any sense at all?

18. im the beast

im the beast Member

maybe 8 to 10 a sec when i did the speed clik test i avg around 550 my best was 618 i think thats in a min by the way... y not set it for something like that 10 clicks a sec if you do more then 10 clicks for whatever amount of time is deemed to much for a hand to mainten that speed then a time out or whatever u want to do but now its pretty much i could drop it at willAttack 7945
    Defense 2953
    is my att and def and 1205 stam...

19. domino

domino Member

if player whit high defense get kill he will up his hp and the arena cant finish because all players whit 1000 attack and 10000 defense will be in the end and nobody can win. I think the efficiency from attack skill must be 2-3 or more from defense.

20. Since my last post was deleted. Again. People that continue to post and complain about the Arena when they know good and well that the Arena Winners and Top 5-10 are discussed and selected to win the event every 10 days. Its been going on forever. Even the creator of this post knows that.