[LCN] Brief Downtime This Afternoon (October 2 at 3:00 pm PDT)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 2, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi all,

Just a quick head's up that Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra will be down on Facebook, Kongregate and Kano Play this afternoon (October 2 at 3:00 pm PDT) due to some maintenance we're performing on our servers. The downtime should be brief but if things are taking longer than expected we'll let you know. Thanks! :)

2. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

was the "maintenance" the side chat? if so, it is a terrible addition! it is annoying and is ruining the game!

3. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

What the eff have you done to the effin site??? Now we all have this bs chat that you cant even see half of it taking up half the effin screen and it can't even be removed, yeah im pissed because with all the bs messages that's loading constantly, its slowed everything right down, change this crap back or i say xxxx this game im done with it, not even one effin announcement about it from you wtf?? Do you not give a xxxx about the actual players? Yeah ban me from the forum if you want but im sure every other effer in here feels the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  4. VittoriaVice

VittoriaVice Member

Totally agree Hammer...every word. Do they even look at the screens before they add crap?

5. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

Nope, they just do it to piss us off but i say we all make a stand now and boycott until they sort this crap out

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Sorry everyone, chat update was not ready nor should it have been pushed to LCN. This is a issue that we will figure out why/how it got pushed like this so it doesn't happen again.

The chat is being reverted as we speak.

The maintenance was upgrades to our DBs which should help improve performance / stability. Chat was a feature that was not supposed to make its way to LCN yet.

7. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

Cool and please never make that a feature, none of us need it and also PLEASE INFORM US ALL OF UPDATES OR NEW CHANGES OR WHATEVER BECAUSE WE HAVE A RIGHT TO COMMENT BEFORE A CHANGE IS MADE.

8. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Thank eff I don't have it (Google Chrome - Windows 7) but my husband does (Chrome - Windows 8)
    So let me get this straight.. just in case you miss a post in the TOP chat box, let's just give everyone another chat box with the same thing in it?? That takes up half the screen? And makes it impossible to play on my Samsung Android phone.
    What ever happened to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ????????

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Because the chat was released before it should have been (accidentally by a dev) there was no way to close the chat.

The new chat will be able to be hidden / popped out like existing chat and even closed. So if you don't want to see it or use it to chat with Syndicate members you don't have too.

We apologize for this being pushed out, devs will have a meeting first thing tomorrow to figure out how this happened and to put checks in place so it doesn't happen again.

If you refresh the game now it should be fixed, let us know if it you are still having issues.

10. VittoriaVice

VittoriaVice Member

Groovy!!! I manage a development team...understand totally!!! Thanks for TCB!!! :)

11. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

It's taking about 5min to load each page. I played on the facebook site because it was faster and the kano site just lags all the time, which is what im gettin now that you made the change on the facebook site? Is this going to be resolved to speed things up because everything is slower now?

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

@HammerTime - Have you refreshed the page so that the chat on the right is not showing?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks for your understanding and patience. This code push was completely unacceptable and all devs will have a meeting first thing to make sure everyone understands how this happened and what to do so that it doesn't happen again.

14. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

Yup i refreshed my page, i restarted my browser, i restarted my router and modem and just restarted my laptop because LCN was still slow. Just did a speed test with the results of 57.89Mbps download and 11.59Mbps upload and Ping 19ms so everything looks nice and fast for me but LCN is still slow for me so im really not sure?

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Hmmm, was it slow for you just loading pages or slow doing specific actions? I just logged in as you and loaded up all the pages, all request came through quick for me on my connection.

Of course I did not heal or do any in game actions besides clicking around on pages, but if you are seeing slow load time on pages that would seem to indicate an issue with a connection which hopefully is temporary. Either way let us know through support if it continues.

16. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

This whole thing reeks of "Smack". Smack...u still dumping your crap into the straights of juan de fuca? ;)

17. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

I gave up, i did everything to get it running fast again but only LCN was the problem for me, everything else was running super fast and so was LCN before the update, anyway as i said i gave up and shut down but things are running a bit better today so i'll see how things go.

18. HammerTime

HammerTime Member

I take that back, its still slow as a snail but nothing wrong with my other apps, wonder how many others are seeing this slowness? Its like its fast for a sec then seriously slow, stupid change, why fix something that not broken? Makes no sense to me, im seeing the total opposite of what you said we should be seeing??

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If you are having issues loading just pages of the game let me know and I can log back in to check it out. But if they are around certain action and you give me permission, I can login and try to test the timing but that would be better done through support.

If they are just pages, it is likely a "internet" issue from our servers to your location and if performing better today that is likely what it was.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If anyone has any further feedback about the chat, please leave it in this thread here.