challenges, 3 day delay?????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mike Lyons, Sep 26, 2013.

1. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Mike, it still applies if all your challenges are done.

2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

That is because the purpose is too limit the amount of free fp you can get. The digs rarely hit for five past the first
    Time you do them and you can do 50 bosses and be happy to get 1 fp most times

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Just to re-iterate a couple things from my previous post because they seem to be missed:

1) We did not make this change to entice people to spend more, we made the change to preserve the Favor Point / UN Credit economy in each game. We had a couple choices, leave the games as is for the handful of players using them in the way they were, increase FP/UN cost on all purchasable in the game to make up for the un-expected rate players could collect FP/UN from early games, reduce chances to earn FP/UN else where in our games or "rig" the game to fall in our favor (which is not transparent). The early card games were designed with the intent for new players to progress through the game with a decent payout and not as a late game feature. At most we had expected the early level card games would take 1-2 days to complete. When we started to see the potential of these games destroying the FP/UN economies of the game we had to put a cool down on them, it impacted the least amount of players and was the best solution in front of us.

2) These only apply to card games at the moment, players complaining about all challenges is not correct.

3) Cool downs only come into effect after all achievements have been earned for specific card games.

4) Instead of hitting up the same card game over and over again, hit up other features / challenges that drop FP/UN, there are a lot.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I appreciate your reply kendall. I will keep mine as short as possible.

1. I get the whole balance and re-balancing thing. But with some of the things I listed previously like how much empire we could sell off, The sole reasoning you guys gave us for this was that players were putting up huge bounties and to many players were going for them and straining the servers . Since then you have upgraded your servers, bounties are being put up now that make those old "fire sale bounties look like the "god bounties" of today. That "patch" was extremely unpopular with the players....so why wasnt it put back to the way it was after things were rectified? New content is great in most cases....but so would be re-instituting some of the things you took from us now that Kanos capabilities have been increased.

Inconsistency. The math equation defense system is to help identify and catch automated play yet u dont use it in the arena. Im not advocating for its implementation in the arena as I think it would suck to be going for a kill shot only to lose it because of a math equation. Almost as much as it sucks to be killed on bounty because one comes up. Now that the skull heal tab has been "tweaked" its back to where only a very select few can ride the bounty page for any significant amount of time. The players that can do this are the ultra high levels that are already extremely limited in regard to PVP play. The only current benefit derived from riding the bounty page is a rival page and bragging rights. Bragging rights dont advance anyone in the game nor does a rival page of players that are killed off quickly and only offering minimal XP at best. All the math equation does is interfere with the minimal benefit for higher levels derived from riding the bounty page. LET us play for crying out loud, allow us to use the strength we earned through years of play and coin in your coffers. Even if the highest of levels could ride the page for 24 hrs the XP derived would be minimal at best. If alesser level was suddenly able to ride the bounty page wouldnt it put up a red flag and put them on Kanos ban radar? Even if a lower level was able to ride the list wouldnt they be losing most the battles and gaining very little XP?

Bounty delays... How does this affect the FP/UN economy? With the amount of bounty hunters out there even the best bounty hunters or highest levels dont get them all despite whether or not the delay has kiked in? How does it make any sense that that the stronger you get or the more u rise in levels the more prominent the delay becomes? Doesnt that seem counter productive to actually leveling and getting stronger? Why should the lower u are in levels allow for more opportunity?

This whole "FP/UN economy" thing makes zero sense to me. For starters....10 fp/un goes a whole lot further for a low level than it does for somebody at my level. The usefulness of 10 fp degrades as u rise in levels as does the usefulness of 50 stam or 500 energy refills upon leveling...when this is combined with the restriction/limits and delays that kick in as u rise in levels once again it seems counter productive to level up. How can you say that a few extra FP/UN from any particular aspect of the game upsets the FP/UN economy of the game and it has nothing to do with u guys making more or less money? If the Amount of FP/UN potentially derived from a a challenge can potentially send the game into a tailspin than how is it possible that being able to purchase unlimited fp/un wouldnt have the same affect? Call me crazy but I dont think Im going to see you guys limiting they amount of FP/UN someone can purchase any time soon out of "necessity" to maintain the "balance" of the games. No disrespect....but when u say its not about the money...I call BS.

Dont take me wrong Kendall I think you guys and your games absolutely rock for the most part. I understand that some things that go on behind the scenes would not be good for the community to hear....you guys are a business after all and a business is all about making the deniro. Apparently what you guys dont understand is that myself and others dont have a problem throwing a lil cash around as long as we dont feel like were getting screwed. Its a fact that the higher in levels one goes and the stronger they get the more restricted they become and the less they have available to them. Its a fact that the majority of the money being spent on these games that goes into new content has more benefit for the lower levels and newer players than it does the higher levels. Its a fact that the higher levels get far less bang for their buck and they also have far less to look forward to. Wheres the "balance" in that? Where is the "necessity" to level the playing field for those that have stuck it out? Where is the "consistency" in growing the game for all its players in that new content will benefit all players equally regardless of level and length of tenure? Where is the "transparency" when it comes to acknowledging these things?

5. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

this is should not be happening kano at all we need favor points just remeber everyone has the right do this without no time limit i understand on world bosses an the calendars as of the regular this should be at all..kano we have spent our time an effort at putting money in the game u should not do this too us...so please reverse the thing an bring it back to normal Thank You!!

P.S. with all the money of us players we dumb in the game u should have plenty of cash an favor points to let us have since they are free in the challenges of turf wars an high roller an much more..this is really unfair on what u are all doing to us..for the past weeks an months u are all doing too many things at the same time for my opinon u need to cool down on that stuff...

6. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

Chill guys. I know you guys are pissed off that you all can no longer making 4-6 easy UN everyday. lol

7. Do U Even Click M8?

Do U Even Click M8? New Member

I think, Kendall, that it is actually quite important that you take this into consideration, so that it will actually "encourage completion of higher level challenges" as you said exactly said in your explanation on the first page of this thread. What about once they've done that, assuming that you will add the timer for all challenges For example, what about Kel, Bully, Tonight you dine in hell, and all the lower levels who have finished all the challenge achievements available to them? Why should they be punished no matter what challenge they are doing? Just a friendly reminder for you to stay consistent with what you say.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  8. polishpimp

Thats a very good point. He did say it was the only challenge for now.

But in the interest of transparency....I havent finished all my challenge achievements. The card games make my skin crawl and are anything but what Kano said they were. I asked long ago how many decks they were based on and Kano said 1...thats simply not the case...unless of course they are 104 card deck ive never heard of....lol. I also just dont see them as being worth my time...they take way to long, lack FP and the item rewards (which have decent numbers and can be crafted) simply take way to long to get in comparison to other items I can pick up much quicker in bulk that more than offsets the disparity in numbers from one item to the next.

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

im a little short on the card achievements myself believe it or not...

am slowly workin on em though LOL

10. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

I am 100% done with my challenges. I finished berlin & it let me do it right away again.

11. SweetestAngel

Did you go back to Vegas? I was told by someone who has all the challenges completed that they also got the timer .... but it was Vegas.

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I don't see what the big deal is, the card games are junk...takes 2-3 days to complete and you get a crappy 2 or 3 fps? in that same amount of time you can do the first hunter challenge with the 2% chance at a 5 fp payout 2-3 times and end up with way more...out of 3 hunter challenges youll get at least one payout if not more

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I gotta agree also, and the card games are boring and I hate numbers, lol

14. SweetestAngel

With the Vegas challenge, it was possible to complete it 3 times in a day if all the cards went right. You would usually always average 2 challenges per day. XP was pitiful but the favor points helped if you didn't want to pay for your mob.

15. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

i started a vegas to test it out. may find out before tonight is over or tomorrow.

16. SweetestAngel

I've already had timers on 3 high rollers .... Vegas, Moscow and Dubai ..... My guess is anything that gives fp is gonna have a timer ....

Granted, I could have the timer since I haven't completed a lot of them but I am doubting it .....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  17. slave

slave Member

i still think this is incredibly lame

they knew it would be unpopular, in reality it was a total dick move
    it should be our choice if we want to do an older challenge for less xp for more un, that should be our choice, not kanos
    but on the whole it doesnt change that much, now you have to rotate between the three vegas shuffles, so in reality, all kano did was piss people off and we can still get 4 un per day

so kano, you need to make the timers 7 days to force us to do something else and if you do that, then we know you really dont give a flying hoot about keeping us as players, i m kinda thinking youd rather we quit anyway

18. polishpimp

Im gonna have to agree . It seems contradictory that they will force us to advance in some areas while advancing or excelling in other areas actually constitutes a penalty

19. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I reckon the timer should be lifted for all people who ALL their current available challenges completed...I worked hard on facebook to get all the challenge achievements I could possibly get at my level and now I'm penalised for doing so :p