challenges, 3 day delay?????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mike Lyons, Sep 26, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

What your not understanding Kendall is that whether it impacts our game now or not isnt necessarily the issue. What if at some point we felt the need to revisit those challenges from a game standpoint? Obviously there must have been some type of benefit you guys deemed too excessive to allow to continue. A benefit that no one else will be able to get to the same extent. If those items were used for crafting then what about all the now unnecessary gifts that may have been collected to do so? Is there a level restriction tied to this? What about the players that only have those challenges available to them?

In the end I think players just hate hearing that something is no longer available to them after its been available to others for so long. Im sure you guys have some legitimate reason but it sucks to just hear "we did this" without any real explanation other than it was necessary. Ive said my piece...not another peep outta me on this one.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

More money

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

if anything this would have opposite effect.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

when me pimp and larry actually agree on this being a bad idea...you know you screwed the pooch.

i rarely agree with those 2 and those 2 rarely agree with me...

to see this the exact same way...really did screw the pooch this time.....

if money is what you were trying to get by limiting these...itll backfire..

5. polishpimp

Ive actually changed my mind and wholeheartedly agree with this update. Going by some members track record....if they are this opposed to an idea than it must be a good one. Kudos Kano. But it still would be nice to know why it was neccassary

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Sure...

Now no one can get challenges done multiple times like I did.

All those levels all those end rewards...

Maybe I will change my mind and agree with the update...

Need more time...

Yep...good one Kano..

Now the long time players actually have a benefit that new players will never have.

and thats completing these challenges over and over again for all that exp and drops.

finally made it where old time players get a advantage over the new comers.

props.

and thats total sarcasm if no one figured it out.

7. slave

slave Member

see what you guys are missing is...
    they put in a three day limit on older completed challenges that provide favor points
    because with some luck (notice i said luck) you could complete a lower level challenge 2 times a day and garner in huge rewards (2 favor points) for completing it....

they feel this was a necessary change to limit the amount of favor points we could "earn" by doing a lower challenge for 650 xp and 2 favor points versus the current highest paying xp challenge of 110,000 xp. And if they didnt put a timer on this low poor paying challenge, that it was unbalancing the game, much like a 50 percent stamina refill would unbalance the game, but luckily for us, the monthly challenges and mini games do not unbalance the game...

and if you need favor points, you should buy them not earn them in a poorly paying challenge

I really believe (no sarcasm on this sentence), the more you do things to try and get people to spend money on your game, kano, that all your doing is convincing people that used to buy FP, to not buy them.

but thats just my opinion

8. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Extremely quick to jump on it as I already knew what challenge it affected and since that is the only one I do, I am definitely not happy as I hit the timer this morning. But whatever, you know how to play my account better than I do since I won't spend actual cash on it. That seems to be an issue though. Players knew how to get around getting a full mob without spending cash. On a good day, it was possible to complete Vegas 3 times .... Not that often but it has been done.

This will not only affect the players that do the challenge but it will also impact other players. I have no need to buy the lovely weapons at 30 points a pop. I refill my stamina with gf points from the challenge I do and help kill bosses. So no, your theory that it only is going to hurt the people who do the challenge is way off base. I will no longer be able to refill and kill bosses for other mob members which in turn will slow them down also.

9. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

ya i dont like this update at all because what if i am wanting to craft and item and scence i cant select wehat item i want after it is completed then i am scrooed and have to wait too long for just a simple thing. and if this was nesasary the only reason i can think of is because they didnt like how people gained FP fast.

stupid update IMO

10. polishpimp

Its not my intent to sit here and trash on Kano....but at the same time its hard not to speculate why they felt the need to do this. Considering they stated that they figured this wasnt going to be a welcomed update.....why wouldnt they offer a real explanation? They know how we are...supposedly they understand our passion for these games but then get upset with us for getting fired up due to a lack of an explanation.

Ive no doubt that they believe its for our own good but I cant help but wonder if it was really that big of a deal. Ive no doubt these games are in trouble. I think Kano is scrambling to plug all the holes before the dam actually breaks. But in doing so they are systematically destroying the games.

Some of the things they do just dont make sense to me. Remember when they decided to not let us sell off our property/empire? They told us that it was for "our own good", that players were selling everything off(because they were quitting the game) and throwing massive bounty parties that was causing to many players to be on the bounty page and it was straining the servers. Since then player count has decreased dramatically, not saying that caused it just saying theres not nearly the players there once was. Theyve gotten new and improved servers. They have introduced God bounties. Bounty prices are at an all time high ...way higher than the ones put up by those selling everything off. They have added a ton of mammoth updates such as the arena, guild wars etc etc ...But yet we are still limited in that we can only sell off a small fraction of our empire.

I remember the big debate over boss leveling vs battle leveling. That resulted in higher limit on the number of attacks per day and battle drops. Then they go and "tweak" the skull heal tab and slow down the battle leveling process.

Remember when we were able to do what ever we wanted with our own bosses? Then they made it so the owner had to get a minimum amount damage themselves. Bosses have never been the same.

How about the arena? That came about due to a shortage of rival pages for the higher levels and players that that enjoyed the PVP aspect. What they turned it into was an aspect of the game that promoted the exact opposite with inactive players just sitting in defensive stance. Then they decided that wasnt enough and made it worse by shortening the length of the arena while not scaling back the amount of defensive stance. I wonder how many battle arena participants reside in hidden guilds in the real game.

Then theres the "gamer season". An update that was to promote activity and competition between the guilds. What we ended up with something that took 5 minutes a day before we hit our daily limits which resulted in the grand finale of who can get all there members to get their daylies done first on the last day. Never mind that meant getting all your members up and active at 12 am pst.

Ah....good ole guild wars...an all out battle between the guilds. A seemingly unlimited battle extravaganza....unless you are an extremely high level of course.

Then of course we have achievements...they benchmarks of our individual successes...the things that are to motivate us to keep moving forward...you know the ones im talking about...the ones that are years behind in some categories. A personal favorite is the newest achievements for the arena, the ones that reward people for doing nothing and getting into the top 20, 10 and 5 percentile while the actual winners get the exact same thing...an achievement for hitting the top 5%...WOOOHOOO!

The casual players get inundated with new content on a fairly regular basis while the hard core players that paved the way and stuck with Kano through all their ups and downs are left waiting for new content....when they do fially get something its a watered down version of what Kano hyped would be something completely different.

How about them bounties? Arguably one the most popular aspects of the games. Nevermind that you built your account to be good at hunting or that u actually spend the time on the bounty page. If you happen to be a higher level player and your ggood at hunting...they game kicks in with ye olde delay in effort to spread the wealth. Mind you....the delay doest kick in when it comes to "god bounties" you can get all those ya want.....but if u do get to many you will find that the normal bounties are still delayed even if u got only 1 or 2.

A personal favorite is when they started dictating how we allocate our skill points before we get penalized. God forbid we should add to much or to little to any particular category. Never mind that your the one that did all the work and or spent the money. Dont you dare add to much to stamina or u will find that there is a cap as to how much it will refill even when your paying 10fp to refill it. Your expected to have just known this ya silly goose. Also be mindful of how little you add to defense. How many players strategically didnt add to that category in an effort to keep others from attacking them because of the absolute horrid XP? Well no worries ...Kano in their infinite wisdom decided to institute a minimum amount of XP one would receive(years after the fact) despite the fact you took years to build your account that way. Compensation? LOL...quit making me laugh. I walked away from a PC account that was one of the highest in the game at that time. It was simply way to late in the game to turn that account around.

Another oldy but a goodie is that no matter how much u level or how strong u build your account slap damage is dictated by the numbers of your opponent. forget the fact that you can do more damage to a higher level opponent then u can a lower level, forget the fact that despite the fact your increasing your level and getting stronger that your odds of a good slap actually go down regardless of your opponents level. Its for the good of the game....its "necessary"

How about the fact we dont get XP while riding the bounty. Supposedly its this way because it can be easily abused by bots. Never mind that they have "tweaked" the skull heal tab and implemented the whole "math equation defense system" in an effort to eliminate that from happening. Still no xp while riding the list but at least they succeeded in slowing down battle leveling.

The math equation defense system is an absolute gem. Intended to curb the use of bots yet they dont use it in the arena. Its also got the additional benefit/tendency to pop up while your healing on the bounty all but ensuring a a quick and painful death at the hands of your biggest rival.

We also have they new revitalized effort to rid the game of alts. All one has to do is read the TGIF and see that this is a huge success....accounts are dropping like flies! Yeah....I know they are only eliminating the baby accounts and leaving the vast majority of the mother accounts that created them....but thats good for the game too...its an absolute necessity.

I think its pretty obvious I could fill a few more pages with examples but like I said in my opening statement my intent is not to trash on Kano.....I think Ive shared enough examples to have made my point. "Necessity" is ruining the games. A lack of transparency breeds mistrust. Stifling our accomplishments and rewarding mediocrity over excellence is counter productive. Neglecting the segment of the player population that has been your most dedicated players through thick n thin inspires resentment. Yo wanna know why your games are going down the tubes Kano? Look no further than yourselves, your inconsistent ways, contradictory efforts, your lack of transparency and most importantly ......your lack of loyalty to those that have been the most loyal to you.

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Couple things:

1) Pretty much everything called out is what I would call re-balancing / re-visiting features for a game that continues to evolve. Every time we release new content or features, it adds more skill points, more FP/UN, more cash, more XP and more stuff to overall economy of our games. Majority if not all the changes in the cases above, came directly from player requests and input, if not on the boards then through our support channels. If we were not able to revisit features and make adjustments then we would not be able to make any additions to the game, we would have to keep the exact same adventures/jobs, achievements and feature set that the game was first launched with. Also, it is very common and necessary for online games to have feature changes and evolve as time goes on, if there is a gaming company out there that has never had to push out a patch or revisit a feature I would like to meet them to discuss, these types of changes happen with all online gaming companies and not just Kano.

2) Transparency - this is something we take very serious and is the reason for our TGIFs, idea boards, our heads up on planned features, discussion around them, etc... it is by far the biggest reason we run this forum. How we handled MySpace going away, we got to see first hand how other game developers were communicating with their players etc, both Zynga and Playdom didn't even talk with their players whereas us here at Kano had players playing over on KP even before an announcement was made.

3) Necessity - necessity of this change was to protect the FP/UN economy in our games as these challenges were starting to introduce too much of an imbalance, with options in front of us the cool down made the most sense and impacted the least amount of players. Alternatives included raising FP/UN prices on all items, manually reducing odds of completion (which is not transparent), removing rewards from those challenges, etc.

12. And the"actual effects" of this are like several other players mentioned, no more 4-6 Fp's a day to buy mob or weapons with, now we can't even go back to our high level challenges that we have already completed and received all achievements for, which at least have high xp & the "chance" of hitting for 5 Fp's once or twice during the challenge and they do take 3 days to complete already, make that three days to complete one of those challenges and another 3 for your so called "delay", round it out to basically 9 days it will take to finish a challenge twice, slowing our leveling and collecting of Fp's from said leveling down, I level 3-5 times a day when I use the higher challenges, thats how it affects my game Kendall......Oh yeah and whats up with the new characters too? Last month they were 100 fp's, now you changed them again and they are now 175 fp's to purchase a new character GREEDY MUCH??? You guys are just like ebay, PayPal, Fb and any other online company I've ever had to deal with, once you have a good thing going you have to get GREEDY and screw it up by instituting "all these helpful restrictions"...because you want us to spend REAL cash money on this game that by the way isn't even a REAL RPG, I mean come on its just click click click all day, its not like you guys have invested any money in graphics, what a joke...lol

13. ben

ben Active Member

i dont agree with it at all... but again we cant even get a straight answer on the new land this for september... just a run around about it...

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Ben, I'm pretty sure I mentioned something about giving you guys the low-down about the new locations in TGIF tomorrow. Stay tuned for that!

15. ben

ben Active Member

and we no ya dont work week end and monday isthe last day of the mounth...

16. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

3) Necessity .... EVERY player had the option to do the challenge with the best payout ..... Its not like a select few of us figured a way to cheat to do the challenge .... If you actually took a few minutes to compare the challenges, it was pretty easy to figure out that it had the best payout. Not my fault people didn't realize that.

17. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

Question on this...if ALL of your challenges are completed and every single one of them has all achievements, will this limit still apply?

Also as far as new developments....

how bout elite & optimals for prague & berlin drops already? usually they are out 2 cities later. Prague should have been out with madrid & berlin with venice. Now perhaps even madrid should be ready with tangier.

18. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

but what i dont understand is why limit the challenge and have a cooldown rate that is what doesnt make scence to me what i am asking is why not just limit the amount of chalenges you are aloud to complete per day i think that would have been a better way then the rout you guys have chosen.

all i am saying is that you really should bring this up to the comunity fiorst to get feedback to make the update(bofore it goes out) better by taking in the feedback and making it the best you can that way. and if some people are complaining still about this and arent on the forums then they have no exuse to complain because everyone has an oportunity to join the forums.

kano what the whole comunity wants to know is the reasoning about this change and not no bulls*** around the bush type answer, just give us the real facts/reasons why this was done and it would be better please.

19. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

By no means was i ever a "big " spender but i have spent my fair share on the kano games I have been on a spending hiatus for the past few months because of some bad kano "updates" left me with a bad after taste. I am just glad that i saw the challenge change before I broke my no spending vow on the new characters you almost had me kano the new chars were very enticing steep priced but I figured they would be worth it. Then the challenge update i saw and the card went back in the wallet for good The End

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Told ya this would have the opposite effect.

Its not making anyone spend more...its making them not spend.

plus those like me that went through points on a few challenges got tons of drops and exp newer players cant take advantage of.

glad i did all that when i had the free choice to