[VC] New VC Characters Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

One piece of feedback that we have pulled from surveys etc, is that players want to see more character classes. Before we add more we want your feedback on modifiers / special abilities that you would like to see with the characters.

Current set unlocks at level 100, we are planning to release new characters beyond this level tailored for higher level players.

Currently characters modify a reduction of stamina / energy / cash timers depending on their class.

Some potential modifiers that have been thrown around here are as follows:

- additional stamina or energy per level, so instead of 50 stamina per level, they would reward say 2x, 3x or more
    - % increase of xp/cash in jobs
    - increase personal att/def by x%

Any other ideas or preferences?

***** UPDATE ON NEW CHARACTERS 25/09/2013 *****

Thanks for the feedback. For the first set of new characters this is what we have planned:

Level Unlock: 1850
    - bonuses include Energy/Stamina/Gold regen reductions, % energy/gold savings, and attack / def % increases
    - they will also include 3 unique items

We are then tentatively planning 3 more characters for the future to be mixed in with other future content. These are the current levels we are thinking:

Level 5400
    Level 9200
    Level 12800

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

VERY COOL! DEF the extra stamina and percentage increase on XP, cash AND bosses.

Hopefully when u say "tailored for higher level players." you mean extremely higher levels. If not then Ide rather not have it at all. Anything less just gives a huge advantage to everyone but the highest of levels especially when it comes to XP and or stamina. Level 10k would be a good place to start...players of that level and higher already did more with less...lets not add salt to the wounds.

Lower level players already see no reason to level high or fast....give them a reason to and reward the players that already have without giving others an edge.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. ben

ben Active Member

what is the level requirement for these new characters ???

i think te should be hiogher than level 100...

4. ben

ben Active Member

when will this come to pc ???

5. Whatever else you may be, Polish, you're consistent. No one in this game is as big an advocate for those poor, defenseless, downtrodden level ten thousands as you are. LOL! This isn't meant as a knock against you so PLEASE don't take it this way but you seem to never take into account that not only do most people not have the time or inclination to get to that level but even if they did, by the time they got there the level 10k's now would be level 15k's and continue to keep the enormous skill points advantage that they already have.

I'd guess something more realistic like level 5k will probably be the threshold so Kano could get more than 25 people to participate (32 if you look ahead and count all the people that are within 1k levels of your mark on FB).

6. polishpimp

LOl Nah .....not taking it as you knocking me. Your actually one of the few people whos opinion on these games I genuinely respect whether I agree with them or not ( most the time anyways ;) ). You seem to take the time to think things through more than most and when debating you tend to actually cover/ reply to most if not all pertinent points raised by others as opposed to many who simply prefer to disregard/dismiss pertinent points they cant dispute.

Yeah....its tough at times championing the flag of fairness for the higher levels. Obviously with them being in the minority and the majority of players not being able to "see the forest for the trees" because theyve never actually experienced it...its an uphill battle. With that said...Hopefully Im recognized not only to be championing "fairness" for the highest of levels but all levels....Ive been there and am still there in some of my games. The topic of the arena is a good example of me championing the lesser levels

I understand and appreciate your point about most people not having the time or inclination but I just dont see why that should make any difference. If that was the criteria in which we based everything on then we wouldnt have half of what we already have. How many players will never reach 5k? Arent achievements , new content, worlds etc etc meant to be a motivating factor to move forward? Sure the vast majority of players are casual players but being such they will never even accomplish/finish what is already available to them. Doesnt that mean they have already been taken care of? many players that have no intent/hopes to ever level into the stratosphere choose to specialize in certain aspects of the game whether it be bounty hunting, bosses, etc etc. Once they meet or exceed what is available to them they are left wanting more in that particular category.....why would it be any different for a player who has the time and the inclination to excel at every aspect? People have diff ideas as to what success means to them in these games and much of that is likely tied to how much time they have to devote to it. Looking at the games as whole from the perspective of players who do have the time and inclination ....I think its pretty safe to say that the culmination of these games is either level or the number of achievement....so thats what they strive for. Up until this point Kano has been unable to keep up and it certainly appears that they are not even going to try in regards to new content such as worlds and bosses....so what is left? What is left for the players that have already far exceeded the capabilities of Kano? What going to be there when the next wave of players reach that point? There may only be a handful of players in the stratosphere of levels at the moment but in time due to the stagnation at the highest of levels and all the new content added over the years that make leveling faster, easier and cheaper than ever before....its only a matter of time before the next wave of players is sitting in the now stagnant waters of the wellsprings of Mimr . Whats to keep these players from just quitting?

Everybody regardless of level needs something to look forward to in these games. Everybody less than 9 k has something to look forward to...the same does not hold true for the others.

Im not so foolish as to think that Kano is actually going to implement this idea at such a high level. So you probably know whats coming next....lol. wait for it, whaaaaaait for it......lol What ever the modifiers for the new characters end up being....they will need to be retro active awarding of them for all the players that have exceeded the level in which they became available in order to offset SOME of the inevitable negative impacts its going to have on the higher levels over time. This would be fairly easy when it comes to some things such as things awarded per level but things such as more coin or xp from bosses or adventure would prove much more difficult.

I remember When I fist planned to retire my first VC account at level 5k (#1 at the time by far)something because there was nothing left to do (there were other lil treasons as well ...but that being the biggie). There was no rivals even close, content was way behind me and the signs of anything new were nonexistent. I notified Kano of my intent and they emailed me expressing that they hoped I wouldnt. They stated emphatically that they had big plans for new content and features designed for the higher levels, I retired my account anyways. Not long after that I realized how much I really missed playing the game and figured with my knowledge of the game and the help of friends made along the way and all the new content, limits and restrictions aimed at helping the lesser levels I could get right back to where I was and enjoy all the things Kano claimed there was going to be. Needless to say but I flew right back up to #1 in a matter of a couple of months using my past experience and all the new content for a fraction of the cost and time.....what did I find? More of the same .....everything favoring the lesser levels and a commercial sized tube of KY at the end of the rainbow.....lol

My first time around When I reached level 3k It was a BFD... What would that level be considered today...how many have surpassed that mark? There was only one other player that was even close at the time. The last world available at that time was Muspell...it remained that way for more than a year and the pleas for new content were met with the same opposition as its met with today from the lesser levels. Could u imagine still playing this game if the content was still what it was back then? Many of the "big dogs" of that day have long since left due to the lack of content and the advantage afforded others when new content finally found its way to the games. I cant help but wonder how many more players would be perched near me in levels today had Kano not dropped the ball. For me ""Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"....comes to mind. Can these games really afford to repeat their mistakes of the past?

Like I said previously...lesser levels have everything we had and more to look forward to....How is it not selfish for them to want more when the very players that are responsible for what they enjoy today and have to look forward to tomorrow ..... have nothing?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  7. I understand where you're coming from and even actually agree that new characters should have a degree of exclusivity to them.

About two years ago, I suggested to Kano that it would be nice to be able to further customize characters by making them an "add-on" (if you will) of the characters we currently have. For example, if you're a skald viking that upgrades to "Odin Guard" (whatever they name them) then not only would you keep the advantages of the skald (faster coin, energy) but we'd be able to use the advantages of the next character upgrade as well. If there were more than one upgrade on an attribute then both would apply. So instead of coin coming in every 42 mins, you might have a guy that's weaker on atk/def but their coin would regenerate in 36 mins. It was just a thought on how to truly make our characters unique and attuned to our game style. For the record, I would leave income alone at this point since the lottery has totally screwed the economics of the game up. Anyone else besides me remember when catching a billion dollar bounty was a big deal? LOL!

Level 5k would be a bit low in my opinion but level 10k would be too high. Level 7000 or 7500 would be my personal preference since it would be something that anywhere from 57 to 74 people could take advantage of with another wave of players sitting in the wings within 1k levels. The level 100 upgrades were a free-for-all since every alt in the game could get them. I just hope they keep that in mind this time around.

I'm pretty sure we are in absolute agreement on the principle if not the actual threshold.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  8. polishpimp

As per our previous agreement....YOU SUCK!....lol

Well said. I think we are about as close to being in 100% agreement as we have ever been.

I dont remember reading about your idea u suggested a couple years ago, it sounds intriguing....if u find the time perhaps u can dig it up?

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

the percentage increase for coin from jobs or anything else would have to be dramatic cause as is, its a complete joke....but I like the idea of spicing the character selection up a bit.....after purchasing a character, would we be able to choose others we've purchased free of charge?

10. It would take far too long to find the original post because that was back when Kano first came up with the idea for new characters way back when. In essence, it was this:

Suppose you start the game with a merchant viking (I used that as the example since that's what I started with) and upgraded to the Skald. Instead of the new characters taking the place of our old ones, that the new characters would be an "add-on" to our existing characters. So in my example, upgrading from Merchant (regens coin -12 mins) to Skald (-18 mins) would have turned into -30 mins for coin regeneration (along with the Skalds boost to energy) whereas someone upgrading from Warrior viking to Skald would've kept the boost for regenerating health that the Warrior viking starts with but would only have subtracted the 18 minutes due to the Skald upgrade along with however long the energy regen rate is. I thought it would be a good way for each individual in the game to truly customize their character to their specific style of play and to upgrade more than one or two areas while leaving the others untouched. As it stands, everyone that has a Skald knows exactly how long it takes for that person to regen coin, etc. I think that system would have probably addressed some of your concerns about making sure higher levels keep an advantage if they'd had made characters unlock at level 1k, 3k, 5k, etc, for example.

For obvious reasons, I think the numbers would have needed to be tweeked for regeneration rates. At this point, though, I think the lottery has skewed the economics of the game to the point that regenerating coin should be left alone and they should concentrate on other little perks (atk/def boost, crafting discounts, whatever). The people on FB have abused the lottery to the point that there are 100 trillion BASE bounties out there now. Giving them a higher regen rate for coin would be tantamount to giving free reign to chain bounty entire guilds. I think that might hurt the game more than help. That hurts to say, though, because as a hunter, I love, love, LOVE when the bounties are flying. LOL!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  11. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Cost?

I may have missed it as I am easily distracted, but has anyone mentioned cost? The last time it cost 100 Fps, I believe, to change character. That certainly is a factor.

Thank goodness someone has not posted here so it is understandable and all the words were used in conyext.

12. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i havnt played viking clan scence before the lotery and i was reading your comment about a base of 100 tril and you are right. there are a few with over 100 tril with only a base bounty. i am really surprized never thought it was posible. i only play pirate clan now. i am really surpized by that and i looked at the leaderboards and somebody one a 1 quad bounty that was the biggest shoker to me lol. the highest bounty caught.listed in pirates is a 460 tril wich isnt even half of the other one. so wh is it that they abused the lotery on vikings and not pirates at least as bad.

but as for adding more characters i would be in agreement of it and i would say at level 5k and maybe another at 10000 so there is the average mid to long time players can get them and then the money spenders/ really long time players get there fill of being satisfied. i would also put 1 super character at a super high level, i would say level 25000 or just 20000 so that it would encourage people to get to that level and when people want it that most likly means more money for kano meaning more/better content.

as for what the super character perks would have i think should boost stam/health/energy/income regen rate and something else to make whoever has it a complete bad@$$. but the perks for how fast it would be would inly be about 10 sec.(20min or 15 min reduction for income wait time) and that is alot as for the character cost not sure but it would probly be a fair amount considering how strong it would be.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  13. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

George Santayana not withstanding I quite like the idea of unlocking upgraded character classes. It would definitely add something extra to the game.

It is a totally unrealistic nay a fantastical notion to expect 'stratospheric' users singularly the opportunity to access the suggested upgrades: For one thing, it would do little to fill the coffers and operating costs of the development team; For another, depending on the detail, might have a significant impact on the 'fight physics' aspect between say level 9 and 10k. Certainly more so than what is to be suggested below..

The idea of class type enhancements based on level attainment should be the adopted formula. I concur with 'The Blood Eagle' plan to graduate proceedings at say 1,3,5,7,9k etc. It would allow for an easier flow to VC in general, satiate user appetite for powering up and whilst not maximising profit potential, would at least (I'd think) show an appreciable upturn in cc spending.

My only stipulation being, that any potential benefits conferred should not coincide with other already inbuilt gains e.g Men and weaponry crafting. Might give too much of an advantage at any given moment.

As for the 'detail' I think there have been one or two excellent suggestions put forward already. There are many areas of the game where an increase in skill base could be incorporated. I think here a simple brainstorming session back at HQ would suffice..

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I planned to change my character in mob wars lcn, so I better ask before, are you planning new characters for the other 3 games to?

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

16. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

thanks, awesome :)

17. ben

ben Active Member

how soon will this be added mi7ch ??? any ideal

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Post has been updated with plan for first set of characters.

19. polishpimp

The only thing I will add to add to this thread is what I discussed briefly in the similar thread that discussed the new character classes in LCN.

There needs to be some type of compromise and or compensation for all the potential gain that players at or near the level eligibility for the new character classes will have gained in comparison to those that have far exceeded the level requirements. The coin, XP and drops that could have been generated between levels 1850 and 12800 is staggering and is not something that could be recouped through game play. Basicallyits a huge boon for some and a disadvantage for others. I would also add that players in excess of level 12800 are really getting the short end of the stick. If character classes cant be equally beneficial to all levels than they shouldnt be added at all. Essentially lower level players would be able to purchase an advantage that was not available to others. COmpletely unfair.

Even purchased limited items and loyalty items numbers are increased periodically to keep up with the times and keep them relevant because they are items that were actually purchased...much like these new character classes. The only differnce being that the new characters are much more expensive and will have a much more negative impact on a segment of players. Makes zero sense to me.

20. Will the Energy/Stamina/Gold regen reductions, % energy/gold savings, and attack / def % increases be in addition to what we already have or will it be in place of? If it's in place of, will those reductions be lower than what we currently have?