[LCN] Beware the Godfather: Inactive Players Now Being Hit-Listed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 8, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We recently rolled this out to Pirate Clan on Kano Play Myspace and Facebook, and now the Godfather is getting in on the action! Inactive players are now being hit-listen on Kano Play Myspace and Facebook for Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra.

The developers wanted active players to have someone to gun for when the hit-list is empty, so they cooked up these parameters for inactive players to be listed:

• Have not played in 6+ months.
    • Must be over level 300.
    • If the hit-list has been empty for a short amount of time and the player meets both of these parameters, they will be listed.

And that's it! Unless you want to be wearing cement shoes, make sure to pay your tributes to the Godfather on a regular basis!

Just as an aside, this is a community idea and you can see the original thread here.

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Quick update

The frequency of these Godfather bounties has been increased. We continue to monitor this on both Facebook and MySpace so there may be more tweaks in the coming days.

3. DMQ

DMQ Member

I like..

Next can we have Godfather randomly list ppl who play actively, like a percentage sort of thing.. The better you do the less per cent chance you have of being listed. Maybe an area on the screen telling you what percentage chance you have of upsetting the Godfather and will be killed ?

Thanks
    Q bot

4. Garth Jones

Garth Jones Member

I do like the idea, I like the frequency the Godfather uses to list too but... I asked a mob member who uses a Tablet and he doesn't have the problem we PC/Laptop users do... in as much as I have tried to get more than 1/3 I still try... in order to improve my chances I have had to reduce my display window so that if I do happen to get one of the bounties the other two are still visible... apparently Tablet user does not have to do anything, therefore it seems to me that the hitlist is designed with tomorrows technology in mind.

I wonder when people will sing... Where have all the laptops gone, gone to the scrapyard everyone ? Not in my lifetime I think :)

All bow to the advancement of technology :)

5. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

Lmfao I want the GodFather to list me sometime when I'm online and can hopefully attack him back. that would be fun for sure. Give the Man some stats or something when you click his name, not just drag us to the page to look at weapons for sale and crates.

Mayor of Lammytown likes this.
  6. Garth Jones

Garth Jones Member

Just a thought, a lot of people are afraid to bounty hunt as they fear the repercussions, however with the Godfather listing inactive mobsters, I think a lot more players would venture to the hitlist page if they knew that a different font color was used to identify the Godfather when he goes a listing :)

Mayor of Lammytown likes this.
  7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

@Rhenkle1: You don't wanna mess with the Godfather. He has access to an impressive array of weaponry and foot soldiers.

@Garth: We already make The Godfather's name bold and it has the hover over tooltip which differentiate it from other listings. I am not sure we will utilize colour here to distinguish it further.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Good call Smack....we dont want it to be too easy for people....the fear of consequences is a good thing!

9. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

would be awesome if Kong had it too... , maybe for players inactive for 60 days with no lvl limit?

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Nothing to announce on the Kong front right now. I know God of Bacon is also looking for this for Zombie Slayer on Kong. When we have something to share we will do so here.

11. Garth Jones

Garth Jones Member

No problem, it was just a thought. I don't know about anyone else but I tend to hunt in tunnel-vision mode, I never see who is doing the listing anyway:)

12. stupidity rules

stupidity rules New Member

Of course the idea of the godfather is brilliant but I personally would like as @Rhenkle1 has said let us attack the godfather as well and if lucky enough be able to score some exp, or god father points or something... wouldn't it be somewhat fair if he's listing us or our fellow mob who haven't been online because real life has gotten a little too tense. It would be more interesting.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not sure if KANO has a LCN guild, but do on VC and I'm sure Mitch or any DEV will not mind if show that link LOL https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/factions/profile/1

14. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Anything to share?

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for the reminder and I think there was another recent thread about this same topic. Nothing concrete to share at this moment. Recently there has been a heavy focus on some backend stuff required to accommodate changes coming down the pipe from Facebook and Google that will break our products. This work is nearing completion so we should have some time to address these Godfather bounties along with other game facing features and issues in the next few weeks.

I hate to sound like a broken record but stay tuned ;)

16. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Yesss, Kong is here to stay. You cant ignore it. The game will survive.

The game will survive.

Kong/Armor + FB + Kanoplay (merging) = Mega Mob Wars

17. Vic

Vic Active Member

this will never happen. some people have accounts on all 4 platforms. there is no way that kano is going to allow the same person to have 4 accounts on some kind of merger or other shared battlefield.

WendelinR likes this.
  18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Correct on that account, Vic; I recently said that server mergers (or account transfers between servers) are not something we're considering at this time. :)

19. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

"This will never happen" .... look at that sentence!!! I almost reported that for being insulting.

If u asked one of our ancestors from 100 years ago if a human will fly to the moon he would answer the same: This will never happen blah bla bla ....

All I can say is that I trust in Brent and Mitch to find a solution if needed, thats why I keep playing actually. Kano has my trust and they still need to prove me wrong first before I change my opinion. I say we will talk about Mob Wars in 5 years from now and be able to complain about everything, I know that's what u guys like the most.

20. Vic

Vic Active Member

go ahead and report away. i feel pretty confident that if kano had any problem with my post at all, it would have already been removed. :p
    i'm not sure that i would equate a platform merger 5 years from now with a moon landing. as a matter of fact, what if you asked one of our ancestors 100 years ago if we would be playing a game called Mob Wars on something called a computer? i guess that means that a merger is "inevitable".
    i trust kano as well, i was just reposting what has already been posted by them in other threads about the same topic. it is clear that this is not on the table, at least in the near future, if ever. you can keep posting in threads about this topic and beating a dead horse all you want... it's still a dead horse.