[VC] Missing Level Achievements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

We would like to address a recent issue we had where an oversight prevented the release of level achievements beyond 15,000. We know that achievements are an important part of the game for many players, and that level achievements in particular are something players enjoy working towards. It has always been our intention to keep level achievements ahead of the highest players, and we apologize for dropping the ball recently.

We will be releasing level achievements today that go up to 17,000 and have additional achievements queued up to catch up with the top players. We will also be putting in additional processes and checks with our team to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

If anyone has comments on other achievement updates they've been waiting for please discuss them here.

Although today's release will only be for Viking Clan, we will be looking to release additional level achievements to the other games where there are similar situations.

2. ben

ben Active Member

how about catching up the locations to the higher levelers...

that would be on vc and pc...

would like to have an answer on it please...

3. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Done without it

Actually, I could have done without them and as I now have 15,000 I can say something. There are very few of us in this situation and all of us are very strong already. This will only make us stronger and further dominate a game that appears t be slowing down. People leave because they cannot compete. Before the hue and cry. I do bully. But only members of a certain faction in the game. LOL. As to attacking lower levels. Who the heck are we supposed to attack? When there are only 5 levels higher then me it kinda limits my options. On the good side at least someone might stop crying.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

PVP kill achieves still needs to be done IMO, it is the ultimate goal toward these games ;)

Edit: that includes slap kills and battle kills, 2 different achievements needs to be addressed.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  5. Craig Day

Concur with Jade

6. Terminator

Terminator Member

also number of bounties placed "achievement" can be done by most people in well under a month...up that one too.
    ;)

7. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Blowing it again, nothing new!

This kind of response, and its innate negativity to any positive change, pontifying that this is why some folks are perceived to be leaving the game, is plainly in error. What some don't see is the clan requests from new players coming to the game. I see them.

I also see a challenging game that presents in context of social networking the opportunity to meet people from around the world. The rules of the game is such that in orange you attack a higher level, you might get your butt kicked. But lots of folks don't care. That is their idea of fun or even part of their strategy. For mathematically minded people, there are challenges here. There are multiple character strategies to play, or play balanced.

When one talks of factions, created on styles of war that are outside the game, then you have a less enjoyable experience, and perceptions of people who quit the game who in fact, are idling their tongues and carrying on, daily, doing their small things that many do not notice when they are shut down by the noise of types like this. The campaign's to destroy the game itself don't really work as far too many people are having a good time, usually kicking the butt of the naysayers and the nasty at heart, who mask their defects, projecting them onto others, for their entertainment. So be it. Its a game!!!!!! It takes all kinds. And clearly some one of kinds thank goodness.

I think Kano has finally seen the light however of why some people are drawn to these games and why when "Ends" occur, they need extending. This 4 year mission + of growing a game and gaming company, that is making games, enjoyable in a social context is just that, a game of growth. You forget as a company its in a game of growth, you will perish. You chose growth today. I hope you can keep it up.

Kel

8. Craig Day

Knew that would draw you out. Excellent description of yourself BTW. I am entitled to my opinion and it stands. I, of course, will take the achievements when I earn em. But as my entire being is not enmeshed in a game its really no big deal.

9. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

Some more Arena achievements would be nice. They were easy and most had them done before they were released.
    PVP achievements in my opinion, should not be done as so much xp is available for battling already especially with Guild Wars.
    However the talk of replacing the Guild War model, I would like to see bear fruit and then see about the PVP achievements.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  10. Kel the Merciful King

It will happen.

You have reached Level 20479. The Gods have awarded you with:
    +1 Favor Points
    +5 Skill Points

Its getting close to yet another achievement ... you are not going to make it. The PC achievements are not done either.

While I can appreciate a lot of effort went into the nonsense of the MySpace network, there was a span there of a good 3 weeks. Interim someone in PC went 21,000 + ... last level achievement 13,000 ...

I find this embarrassing and from a lay view, not difficult to implement while also easy to talk of implementing.

Sad ... really.

11. Kel the Merciful King

You have reached Level 21501. The Gods have awarded you with:
    +1 Favor Points
    +5 Skill Points [increase skills]

12. Kel the Merciful King

Cute God Bounty just now ....
    13 seconds ago
    [RVV] Kel the Liberator of Vikings Forever has just killed Achievement Collector!

13. Craig Day

Just Stop

You know they will get to them. But, I can see their reasoning for not devoting time or effort to cater to one player. Its your business if you want to spend your money on leveling like that, but you are the only one and there are many other issues that need to be addressed.

14. Mr. Murphy

Mr. Murphy New Member

Statistics

In statistics we would call a certain player an "outlier" -which means that when assessing the collection of data as a whole, this one item, no matter what side of the bell curve it landed, deviates so far from the norm that it becomes well, irrelevant to the actual results of studies.

Therefore, Kano should let the outlier be what it is: an irrelevant anomaly, and pay more attention to the whole of the game and the majority of players.

Thank you.

15. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Thats absurd. This is a game one which also accepts money ....Kano is not merely collecting statistical data. The highest leveled are the trail blazers of these games and if not for them the "masses" would not enjoy most of what they do today. Kano has catered to the masses all along and you can see where that has got them... dwindling participation numbers due to a lack of confidence that the games will support them once theyve done exactly what the games were designed to do. Its quite simple really ...Customers comeback when treated fairly and are given good service. If customers lose faith for whatever reason....they move on

16. Craig Day

Outlier?

Actually you both have points. But, Polish I think you need to consider the fact that there are other factors for leaving the game. I am not gonna get into in here because I would like this thread to remain active. I, myself, I am quite close to getting the last level reward. How much stronger do I need to be? The are very few players I cannot beat and I know Kano will catch up and get the awards. But, if I was looking to the other issues they I feel need to be looked against this one I would put it way down. Like I said it will effect directly me very shortly. I would rather see Kano address the more serious issues effecting the game first. Perhaps some patience is in order.

17. polishpimp

Howdy Craig. Yeah....i fully realize that there are countless other factors/reasons why players leave the games...my intent certainly wasnt to imply this was the only reason. I also recognize and appreciate that the extreme high levels present their own unique set of issues for Kano. My intent here was not to imply that the game should cater to them either. With this in mind though there is no doubt that the highest of levels not only get the short end of the stick....but they at times seem to get no stick at all....other than to get beat with it from time to time....lol.

Although i do believe thats Kanos neglect of the higher levels stemming back years (muspel) has had a huge impact on why there seems both to be an mass exodus of players in recent times and a steady decline over the past couple years (wont get into that now)....my reply was more directly related to the absurdity of the notion that the highest of levels should be "irrelevant" in regards to the games moving forward both for the obvious reasons and that it would just seem to perpetuate an ongoing problem which I believe has a lot to do with a underlying lack of confidence in Kano

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  18. Craig Day

Total agreement on short end of stick. I love when a new boss comes out and I am not using some of the drops. Maybe Kano is just waiting for me to go over 17K and then they will do it cause they like me better. LOL

19. Mr Murphy's whole point is that in a game with hundreds, or thousands, of players in it the desire of one player is statistically irrelevant to the needs of the game as a whole. I happen to agree with his assessment. Even if there were only 100 active players in the game, that would be 1% of the population. Given that there are more than 4000 active players, one person equals .00025% of the community. I could very well be wrong because I'm doing the math in my head on this.

In the end, this discussion is about pandering to roughly 1/10th of 1/4th of 1% of the population or some such nonsense. Think about that for a second. Should that be a priority? Should Kano drop everything to make this happen immediately? No. Not even close. Anyone who says otherwise is being self-serving and disingenuous at best.

Eventually Kano will get around to adding more achievements. Of that, I have no doubt. But there are so many other things that need to be addressed that this conversation doesn't even warrant being discussed as of yet no matter who it is that's whining like a petulant child in order to try to feed their God complex.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  20. polishpimp

Ahhhhh.....apparently the world is back on its axis as all is normal and were back to disagreeing....lol

I completely understand the point he was trying to make and I suppose I was nitpicking it a bit but his analogy really didnt quite fit the bill here . Once any player regardless of level becomes "irrelevant" in the eyes of Kano they might as well board up the windows and padlock the doors.

Its no secret that Kano already does most of what they do for the masses....which does make sense. But I suppose it could also be argued that what ever it is they're currently doing isnt working as the number of active players continues to drop. Im not going to sit here an argue that that if Kano was to appease the top 1% there would be a sudden turn around because quite frankly and as much as I hate to admit it.....I think anything they do at this point is going to be too little to late ( i certainly hope im wrong). Theres a lot of thing that probably played roles in this down turn....but this down turn has been anything but sudden. In the last two years or so Kano has added tons of new content in order to appease the masses yet the numbers have continued to fall...one has to wonder why. One also has to wonder why when Kano games were much simpler and basic their numbers were at there all time highs...weird ....eh? personally I think the exodus started when Kano left the once motivated and confident players languishing in muspel concerning themselves only with the masses. Even after they finally decided to continue the games after Muspell they continued to inject content retro actively to appease the masses that was of no use and even put the higher levels at a disadvantage....this trend continues to this day. Needless to say despite all the new content meant to appease the masses you will only find but a mere smattering of players around today that had Kano at its highest of numbers...coincidence? Maybe. Maybe if these were 100% free games and Kano just kept them up and running just because they were millionaires that wanted to give something back to the gaming community thing would be different,,....but thats not the case. Kano allows players to pay for these games and the glady accept the cash. As with any service that one pays for there is a certain amount of reasonable expectation. Things like the quality of service not deteriorating or another customer getting preferential treatment. There is a certain amount of trust involved as well...If Im paying for a service Im certainly trusting that the service be done...especially if Im paying in advance. Im trusting that they are going to improve the service as what ever related technology improves. Im trusting that some of that money Im paying is going back into the company to improve the quality of service not just for m e but for everybody. Im certainly not going to think that its ok that newspaper is going to charge me the same rate for newspaper with half finished articles that I now need to walk down to the corner for rather than it being delivered to my front door. In the end its about trust and confidence going forward. Kano has violated that trust and shaken the confidence of their most dedicated of customers and now they're paying the price. Even those not directly impacted but are intelligent enough to recognize whats been going on or have seen their long time gamer friends leave because of it are leaving as well....they dont see the point of continuing to progress in a game or throw money at a company that just gave up on those that did the most for them. They stuck with them in anticipation of changes that Kano promised and never delivered on. Games like this rely heavily on word of mouth.....when players have left by the thousands for one reason or another....my guess is that they are not singing and praising Kano.

This particular thread is just a sliver of a much larger issue but it is a perfect example of said issue. Adding achievements has got to be one of the simper things Kano could ever do. How long have almost every achievement category been waaaaay behind the players? How many threads and posts have there been in the forums by countless diff players of every level and lengths of time played begging for new achievements and for how long now? Talk about an th absolute easiest way to appease players of all levels and Kano just has outright refused to do it. Then when they do do it.....they make achievement that the masses can easily obtain and refuse to recognize those that have actually accomplished or excelled at exactly what Kano designed for them to do.....Thats about as absurd as it gets and should leave nobody guessing why players have left in droves. Kano has all but abandoned their most dedicated players of every level in favor of the more casual masses and where has it gotten them? I dont know about you guys but the future is looking mighty bleak.

Its no secret that the players bashing this thread dont have much love for the OP but this is down right as petty as it gets....talk about selfish and self serving....could there be a better example? Who cares if he wants more achievements.....he obviously deserves it and if nothing else its the very least Kano can do for him and the rest of us. Its not like its going to be all inclusive and the he and only a few others get them.....they will be there for everybody!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.