Merchandising

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Stevie Mac, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Stevie Mac

Stevie Mac Member

Ok just a very general idea and just throwing it out for some feedback really but what about Kano Apps starting their own line of merchandise as way of increasing revenue for game development etc. Viking Clan is my main game and the few general ideas I put here are therefore directed towards this but would be nice to hear other suggestions.

I see a lot of players on the game take pride in their progress and achievements etc, that also would be quite happy to wear a T-shirt saying "Start Your Day With An Axe Slap" or "Had A Bad Day - Cheer Yourself Up With A Bounty" with the Viking Clan logo on and some of the in-game artwork would look fantastic also. Baseball caps, mugs, pens or anything else that comes to mind with slogans and or artwork. Have seen some other games offer some things but just wondered if it had been considered before by the Kano team and what other players thoughts were on it?

2. Rick Soto

Rick Soto New Member

You know what? I really dig your idea. I would love to wear you idea:

This would get them some extra cash for development.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I personally wouldnt buy any merchandise....but im sure some would. They could give them as rewards as well. I give it a 10

4. Yes, some of these FB Vikings are still playing in the nude and could use a pair of " I'm out of stamina. " boxers.

Or for the guys that try to pick up the ladies: A nice T-shirt that reads, " Let's be Clan allies. " and of course the ladies shirt that would read " Sorry, My clan is full. "

On a serious note though Kano should coin the phrase, " Death is just another stat! " and this shirt could sell to all sorts of gamers.

I will give this a 10.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  5. Stevie Mac

Stevie Mac Member

Ok shameful to admit or not I would wear those " I'm out of stamina. " boxers and as the years pass me by this sadly becomes more true lol. Well even if it never happens be good to hear any ideas for slogans and their uses - so far the stamina boxers win it for me though ^.^

6. Lou Sephyr

Lou Sephyr New Member

like the idea of "I'm out of stamina" on boxers; other catchphrases would definitely suit also;
    don't know that i would be caught dead in such; but hey each to their own

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

This is a very fun idea for those who are into it. Good Luck! I'll give it a 10.

8. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

10 from me also.
    would be great if Kano would also give these away like prizes for something.
    maybe include them in the lottery?

9. Deltan

Deltan Member

Accepted. This is something we've talked about doing internally but it's a ways down the road for us. No immediate plans. Thank you for the suggestion, it's good to know there is interest around this!

10. Anya

Anya New Member

Does Kano/apps sell merch?

Like t shirts and stuff?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We don't currently, but it's something we might consider for the future if the demand is high enough. :)

12. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

thats a good idea. would buy a shirt or something. and would be good for kano to because if anyone buys a shirt or whatever they are selling and wear it outside it could possibly raise more people to join in there games.

13. Anya

Anya New Member

Awesome! Well count me in :)

14. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

that is a good idea but just dont try to sell it too high tho...for T-Shirts 5 bucks for a HOODY 10 bucks an that is not a bad price..which means u will get business...an i will buy them both :)

15. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

$10 for a hoodie would be awesome but even if it was 20 and the shirt was 10 i would still buy it ONLY if it was of good quality.

but what would also be a good idea is if they also sell 2 types of stuff. such as a t-shirt for 5 or 10 bucks that is standard quality then one that is around 10 20 dollars that is really good quality. then do the same thing for hoodies make a standard hoodie for 10 or 15 bucks then have a really good quality for 20 30 bucks. but if kano does make a store it would be wise if they have vary prices that match the quality of the item clothing wise.

EDIT:sorry bout that didnt mean to advertize. so ill also change the commento so it doesnt look like it was there.

EDIT 2: all fixed

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Neil, can you remove that site? It is advertisement.

17. Stevie Mac

Stevie Mac Member

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I'd definitely buy the "Death is Just Another Stat" shirt.

19. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Lol I'd consider buying one with
    [​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

on it. :)