The new kano play site

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Big Ken, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

Well Im glad KANO did something for us when they did not have to,was not there fault myspace screwed all of us. But anyway the new site stinks,I now collect from being in just 3 top squads,not sure how many top squads I was in but it was a lot,so no money coming in from that anymore,our faction is just about all gone,only a few of us left,the game is now boring.dont get much help with calendars now or boss's. Wish kano would give use a choice to move to either F/B or Kong,I would be very happy to be able to keep everything I have and just move and add new squad,theres not very many players to add on the new site but I been trying,all in all I would rather have my account moved to kong and add new squad there,if we have to stay at the new site Im not sure Ill stay around,Ill give it a few weeks and go from there. :(:(:(

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Could be worse, ya could have had nothing at all , give it time, alot have prob not even gotten on to the site yet.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well Big Ken, I'm sorry that you feel that way right now, but remember that the site is less than 72 hours old at this point. We've seen a lot of old Myspace players sign up and even more will come in as Support assists those who can't access the site right now. And, we have said that opening registration for Kano Play Myspace up is on the docket, we just want to make sure things are silky smooth for our classic Myspace players first :)

4. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

Im going to give it some time, I know its all new and things need to be worked out, the thing that bothers me the most is losing a lot of squad because they did not or some could not send kano there email/password in,one person I have known since street racing has been out sick for a while now and he COULD not send his email/password in because he was out sick and now even if he wanted to come back he cant because he could not send his email/password to kano so he wont be able to log onto his account now.Is kano working on something that will let people like that get back on the game or are there accounts gone forever? Thanks for all the help Mi7cH

5. ben

ben Active Member

we all did ken but we are building it back man...i just got a full crew last night ... but im one who is a go getter and get it done... just keep on it thats all...

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ken, have those player write to kano support, anyone that did not register can still get their accounts working on the new site, they just have to write to support

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...a-(MySpace-Server)-Live-ish&p=88046#post88046

One thing that would help with the offsite and may make use of your MySpace accounts, especially if you have clan is to spread the word that they can play here: http://www.kanoplay.com/myspace

If they haven't created an account or ever given us their email, they will need to write into support to answer some questions to verify their credentials: http://support.kanoapps.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  7. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

The leader of our faction is the one who has been sick and he still is,its going to be a while before he can play again and I dont know any of his info to try and get his account to the new site,not even sure he will ever be able to make it back but we was trying to keep his game going for him till the switch in-case he could make it back[just trying to be a good friend while he is not well] so Im not sure what to do,I dont want to see him lose his account but not much I can do for him at this point. Thanks for all the help

8. Eraser

Eraser Member

honest myspace's player base was already crap a year before the games where canceled. Many players where ready to pick up and move on to somewhere there might be more activity.

Id be willing to bet at least 30 percent of myspace's active accounts where alterate accounts.(most likely 50 percent or more) Do you really think people are going to be comfortable emailing kano and asking them to transfer thier alts to the new site? sure some have got the stones but most will not.

I understand the reasons people dont want to let go of thier stats. I rebuilt an account (with no help from a transfer package mind you) its not cool at all. and if you're not familiar with the shortcuts you can take its borderline impossible.

Sure, give it some time, you might get back 60-70 percent capacity of the active players on mysapce, but there was not enough players to begin.

how about everyone that just dropped in and played on myspace once in a blue moon when they where bored and wanted to stirr up a rucus. You really think they're going to send a weeks worth of support mail just to gain access to an account they probably didnt give a rip about in the first place?

its really not right to imprison people that would rather move on to a network of 100 or less people playing.

Something else needs to happen. People should be given the option of a transfer package. Myspace players get a full on account transfer to Facebooks player base thru Kanoplay.

Something.

This Kano play is a great running network, and very enjoyable to play on, but with the lack of players it couldnt keep a dog interested.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd like to see MS VC players come over to spice it up, just my opinion. Don't play the other KANO games though. Some don't care for the idea, but I'm behind transfer if KANO chooses to do so.

10. -- i agree i played off and on for four years and this is just bad i am already in face book and Kong as I'M wait for something to happen or change . but i think the option for face book players to move here or move them would be better i gave up my face book acct for family/friends to make it a gamer acct.( i own a phone they can call) and i think more would be happy to remove strangers and get back family and friends and move here (kanoplay) you own the site take over you apps most will follow.

11. well 2 sec later i thought it over again . i seen how easy it is to cheat in face so maybe i don't want them . but i want something to happen just not sure what .i am just to the point of giving up . i worked hard to be #2 top killer and to give that up to face book players that have( cheated)well that just shows how much i am willing to do just to get us going back to were you once where ..well i am done with my rant hope you do come up with a solution.

12. Killing You Sweetly

Killing You Sweetly New Member

I read all of your replies and you're all right. Kano did a great and wonderful thing to save our game accts. But now we are isolated on a site trying to play with half the accts that played on MySpace. I see us all wondering away and giving up if Kano doesn't transfer us out into a active social network like Facebook or Kong.

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well on the other side of the coin at least ya have a game intact, without upsetting the apple cart so to speak, and what of the players already playing on fb, they would have to give up an account, they already play there. IMO the myspace players must know their friends from there, get in touch with them by email and tell them their games are waiting for them, I would imagine, non daily players may not even be aware that their games were in jeopardy.

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There you go , and good for you :)

15. poco

poco New Member

First of all, yeah it was a good idea to transfer the accounts intact. The new transfer has made a lot of people quit, mainly alts.Second, kanoplay will continue with an arena yet on kong there is no arena? Kanoplay will have approximately 140-150 signed up for upcoming arena. Compared to the usual 260-300 if lucky on ms. Yes, I understand half were alts. There is a lot to take into consideration. Kanoplay transfer is going to s**t! Even active players on kanoplay do not want to play anymore because it is officially dead. Well, for the most part.

16. Silent Death

Silent Death New Member

Kudos!!!! To kano and their staff for all their hard working and support on getting the kanoplay site going with no notice from MySpace I've played on kanoplay and Poco is right about it being slow. When people login and play it gets fun and it is awesome like before the problem is that there are people not using the site basically "boycotting" kanoplay. In hopes for it to fail so they get a migration or transfer package to either start over "which is not allowed" under normal circumstances or improve an existing character with a un package the migration or transfer intact accounts to kong would kill the site & would be unfair to those who have just started without myspace accounts. My account isn't perfect but I made it work and I am fine with it I made mistakes with it but worked on it and fixed it enough to be able to play anywhere.

17. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I'm loving the KP site. While many are complaining about how slow it is. I can't really complain. Folks are actually Fighting again! How refreshing!

That being said it won't last long without some sort of influx of folks. Many come just to keep their accts active for a UN transfer. And less and less will bother if they see they aren't getting what they want and no new folks come in.

I have full confidence that Kano is working hard to figure out a solution and I am grateful they are such a customer service based company.

As for what happens next? Up to Kano, I'll try whatever they offer.

If I might suggest new content available only on KP. Maybe a treasure hunt with collection items that when you complete the set you get say 1 stam, 1 energy 10 health, 1 sec faster health or special items?

as for the BA? If I were kano no way would Kong get an arena right now. It would further damage their efforts and becoming self sufficient. But I also understand the wish for a BA on kong. Up until recently I was playing on kong a great deal. Unfortunately, the open chat and overall temperment over there was beginning to get too much. I did not feel comfortable over there so I have temporarily quit so I really have no right to voice an opinion on what they get or do not get.

However I agree with the slayer that said it would be tough on Kong to offer a un package. That particular platform is one of the few that is recruiting new fans of the game and I'd hate to see them run off with an influx of unstoppable accounts.

Back to causing trouble. I know I am in the minority when it comes to KP. But it so much smoother than the social sites and kong's site. Just can't wait til we have our avatars back, it gets a little ugly with the character ones. (Not that they aren't cool characters but seeing them all over the page is a little visually unappealing :)

ps. sorry for the stream of consiousness ;)

18. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

Kano, can you provide the Myspace@Kanoplay a variety method of payment like the one you have in Kong?

19. STONECOLD HITTER

STONECOLD HITTER New Member

Just wanted to say I was in the same boat, not sure if I would get my account back on the new sever, so I contacted support and to my surprise they worked with me threw e-mail and tickets summit until I had my same account and even all of my squad . Great job KANO you guys are the best. Ken tell all your friends to do as I did and summit a ticket , it was well worth it.

20. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

You got lucky not many "click and play games" do this. The just send email we are going to stop or game on blahdieblah and your hard work is gone. Keep in mind you can still playing your char without losing anything. Off course there is always some kind of problems just give it some time.