Myspace Update June 7 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a question . i got my - my space acct on one yahoo.account and my Facebook on another, so which e-mail do i post for the offsite portal? if it came down to merging my -my-space to Facebook i would want to keep my MS account

2. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

Another idea about this offsite for MySpace games? All it takes a simple friend connection to the games, sending game connection links through the game, a personal outside friend message or inbox, and sending gifts through outside the game through the personal profile of the user. bang, you got a simple small social network, and no rules from facebook and MySpace to follow.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Jenny, when the offsite portal is live, you'll use the email address associated with your Myspace account.

4. jules32304

jules32304 New Member

friends, etc

So will we start out with the same number of members or do we start at ZERO?

5. Christopher Gregory

Christopher Gregory New Member

6. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Christopher Thanks for hunting those down!

Feel free to let them know how you all feel about the sudden removal of games, although do remember to do so respectfully, especially given that these are likely computer engineers and not trained support representatives.

Also, we've updated the original post with an update about registering for the off-Myspace version, check it out!

7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Awesome thank you! This will go a long way to calming folks although we've already had numerous people go off half cocked in the games.

8. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

offsite is only there to preserver your ms information according to his post so you will use your myspace information on it.

9. Blue Rose

Blue Rose New Member

serve them right if we did too!

10. Blue Rose

Blue Rose New Member

THIS WOULD BE A FANTASTIC WAY TO GO... At least we could rest assured we could stay put for as long as Kano wanted us there! Not lose out if the carrier site screw us over like MYSPACE is!

11. PosterBoy

PosterBoy New Member

Thanks for the information. I have been playing some of the Kano games for years and Zynga games until the moved to FB only and got so out of control it became just a complete absorption of time.
    From our (users) perspective, we are getting information from Kano through this site and everyone here is very supportive and concerned about preserving all the levels and points they've accumulated through years of playing . . . for free.
    From Kano (and Zynga's - although Zynga isn't here, so I don't care about them, but their problems are similar)I'm curious about how long this can continue (i.e. temporary measures, stand-alone sites, etc.) what is the financial aspect of this that will keep developers employed, create an evolution and development of new users as well as retaining users. One of the aspects of online games, is they have proven the ability grow quickly and retain a certain number and level of usership. Hey, I've been here for almost ten years - but I have to say that Myspace holds no, none, nada, zip, zero, zilch attraction for me, other than the games. Maybe I'm not the audience they want, but they've already proven to me that they don't KNOW what audience they want and when they have one (four or five years ago) they are perfectly capable of losing that audience to FB. Their NEWMyspace is well-designed, but it appeals to a limited group of people who will migrate from them and never come back. What's the value in that?
    I'm just writing that I know what Kano is up against and I suggest that they address THEIR underlying problems (I know they are worried, but being worried and addressing a problem isn't the same thing). I have always found ways to monetize projects and companies in various markets. It probably should have already proceeded.

12. pistolwhippenpete

pistolwhippenpete New Member

I am done

I don't do facebook won't so I guess I am through with this game and mob wars sorry :( I am gone as soon as they close it down it was fun while it lasted you all will be sadly missed but trying to make lemonade out of out of the sour lemons they have dealt us I will have more time on my hands. to garden. I don't do myspace social either. LOL:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  13. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

I play VC on Facebook. If the team could find a way to transfer peoples accounts to Facebook, I think that would be awesome. More Vikings, more battles, alot more guilds in GWs. It's a win all around. Of course it would take time to do and be very complicated to make sure the right Viking goes to the right Facebook account. But it would be a deadly long term solution.

14. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

will you post the offsite version in the forums?

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am sure they will when it goes up, so being the weekend, just relax and wait till they have more info next week.

16. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

okey dokey

17. Rob Mack

Rob Mack New Member

Please msg . so i can plan for . a switch to FB. i have ACC there and pirate. and what i need to do, to have this Myspace to FB pirate.

18. Kacey

Kacey New Member

Thanks for giving us a temporary site so we don't lose our accounts all together and for working hard to ensure that. I am just wondering when we are finally transferred to other sites, is it even a possibility for us to keep our players fully intact upon transfer such as: stats, fp's, weapons, warriors, level, and how are skill points are allocated?

I'm sure there is no solid answer at this point, but I am just hoping it is a possibility. I have transferred games before with the whole "packages" that were offered, and it was so terrible I ended up quitting the game anyways, because it was still like starting over.

19. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

I really hope that they let us keep all of the stuff we worked hard to get in the game, other wise id just quit if they made us start over.

20. Kacey

Kacey New Member

Yeah akk I will quit, as I ended up quitting mafia wars. Just spent way too much time on my viking to start over or try to build with a package from the beginning. I'm glad I only play VC I really feel for all the players who play all the games........that would totally suck even more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.