arena names, what gives?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, May 9, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

What is the deal with the name filter in the battle arena? More times than not the damn thing wont accept a name. Names that meet the required criteria simply dont work half the time and its extremely annoying. I dont think that the filter are to bias as I see vulgar, racist, sexist, demeaning, offensive, similarly spelled, mocking and copy cat names all the time, yet I cant get the most inane names to go through half the time. Its also not that these names are already being used as a check of the ranking page after an arena is finished shows that the name wasnt used. Sometimes u can try the same name 10 times in a row and it will be denied the first 9 times only to have it accepted the tenth time...what gives?

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yup I hear ya on that.

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

ive had the same problem man, funny thing is the only name thats always accepted without an issue is my in game name lolol xDD so thats what ive been sticking with the past few arenas and funny enough, nobody comes after me...COWARRRRRRRRDSSSS!!! ;p

4. polishpimp

i must have tried 50 times before i got a name to go through this time

5. Unfortunately too many Disrespectful, *****-talking names are allowed in Arena. Kano needs to do a better job at either Filtering them, or give an option to Reporting the Players name to clean them all up.

6. Bocce

Bocce Member

Would be nice to edit a BA name up until the time the BA starts. I have a typo in mine would love to fix.

7. polishpimp

thats a good idea!

8. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Ya i agree, its just plain stupid sometimes, one time i put in random keys such as "sajkhfdhsahs" and it wouldnt accept it its just crazy.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

WC.jpg

Filter is same in WC, we can't say "ASS" which is a donkey, but can say this?
    Ooop's read wrong on non vulgar part PIMP but still a filter issue.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  10. polishpimp

Stuff like this has been going on from Kanos very beginnings, they dont monitor any of it themselves....they rely on player reports and filters that turn comments into jibberish like this " Im embarr***ed that I ***umed you were am***ing m***ive amounts of ***ets to ***ign them to your counter***ault har***ment fund".

Back in the day there use to be an in-game chat that use to get abused just like the world chat, the only real differences (A) IT WAS FREE (B) It didnt treat us like idiots that couldnt figure out what ***hole meant, while still being able to say stuff like pussy.

Another amusing side note is that the omitted letters are being replaced with asterisks, I realize its not spelled the same....but just pronouncing it pretty much says it all

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL spot on, I'd ***ume most people would find "pussy" more offensive than "ass" but that's just me.

12. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

For the Arena name filter, a developer will be looking into that, as it sounds like something may be off there.

For the WC filter, we are aware that it's a bit sensitive. It's something that's been on our list for a while, it's just fairly low priority. I would, however, like to remind everyone that filter or no, please remember to stay civil and respectful in the game and chat.

13. polishpimp

coool....ty