[FB] Arena Craptastic right now.

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Jon Ward, May 4, 2013.

1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Had to put myself into defensive mode even though it wouldn't matter since majority of players are experincing the same issue. Person is unavailable for attack your under attack when your not under attack 5 hits if your lucky before you get this crap popping on your screen and it's slow as hell. Any developers on today needs to be looked at.

2. Squarenips

Squarenips New Member

I've only got an hour to play tonight before I have to go out and it's taken me 25 minutes to get a kill. Every few attacks brings up 'you are under attack, please try again' message.

Can the arena be postponed for 24 hours as it's unplayable at the moment!

3. Brooks Roach

Brooks Roach New Member

I pretty much just gave up when that started. I'm not even sure as of this post if I'm still active in the arena or not.

4. Jon Ward

I thought it was on my end until i see everyone in groups saying there having issues and now even world chat is also saying it.

5. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hi all, thanks for the posts, we're adding additional servers to take on the higher activity from the arena, we should be running more stable very shortly.

6. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Wife and I about done this may have been the last straw for Kano games

7. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

8. Squarenips

Squarenips New Member

So... we just carry on after the game's been messed up for 2 hours???

9. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Yep and go buy more davys too dont forget those yep checked and double checked nothing moderable in that comment

10. Eric

Eric Administrator

Looks like we're dealing with a bad batch of servers which will have to be replaced with a new custom configuration. Until we can confirm these new servers stable we will be running the arena at a reduced attack frequency so we can keep the entire game running smoothly.

We will keep everyone updated on the progress, thanks for your patience.

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We are still looking into the issues, we have made some temporary fixes to prevent the battle arena from impacting the game performance.

We will provide an update once we have more insight into a long term fix.

12. Squarenips

Squarenips New Member

Your rank is 182... worst to date. What a joke this game's become.

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We just replaced all webservers for PC and have had our temporary fixes in Battle Arena removed for the last 30-min or so, it appears that we may have fixed the issue but will need to continue to monitor.

We apologize for any inconvenience, these issues did not show up in our load tests nor do they show up under regular load in the game but only when a battle arena is running.

Again, we hope to have fixed the issue but will need to continue to monitor and apologize for any inconvenience. We take stability and performance of our products very seriously and we will be looking to improve our processes so that this does not happen again in the future.

14. Jon Ward

Nope sorry kendall but still slow as moses before i went into defensive mode again and that was after you had posted there. I am just riding the wave. Can barely kill anything and when you almost do you lose the kill because of that person or your under attack comment still showing up. Maybe next arena for me i am done wasting stamina.

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks it works so much better,when I got out of def mode , it was good :)

16. ben

ben Active Member

just got done on mp battle arena there still was some lag in it...thought i would let you no...

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Nice to see Kano's servers are running smoothly.

Nothings wrong with your games....nothings wrong with your servers..

Yeah right...

Bet kingdom caused the strain.

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks for letting us know. We did notice a couple spikes but after we replaced the webservers the remainder of the arena performance seemed to run a lot smoother.

19. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Stated what we believed to be the issue and what we did to fix, we will need to continue to monitor and run some more benchmarks / tests. We are hopeful that we have found a fix as the replaced webservers seemed to fix/improve the performance degradation immediately.

This has nothing to do with KoT and everything to do with a webserver upgrade that we are trying to roll out to PC. Additionally KoT shares 0 servers with PC.