Daily GP ????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Putty, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Putty

Putty New Member

I Have probs said this be4 but hey i am going to say it again Kano the GP system really does suck ! I look at the top 30 factions and half of them well more then half i have never heard off ? u give bonus xp 2 these factions but what about actually factions ??? that stand as 1 and look after each other and fight and are tough ??? i dunno maybe a faction ba could be a good idea ? or something like that or a faction leader board for most kills or something ? the game is all about 1600GP players can do that easy Factions such as HM that stand as 1 what do they get nothing ? there is not enough rewards in this game for fighters come on kano please have time to look into this it would put alot of fun back into the game :D for fighters ! please comment people. support this !

2. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Here is my view:

The game you signed up for and play is structured to promote team based play and does not reward individual player desires in the overall faction leaderboard.
    You mention a leaderboard for most kills, but there already is one. Kills, PK's, fight wins.....those are all individual accomplishments and you get individual rewards for at least 1 of those categories (and Nick and Tim have already tried to get more added).
    The faction leaderboard is designed to reward ENTIRE FACTION participation. 25 people working together based on the goals and boundaries of the game design. If I'm not mistaken, the added 'bonus points' came to be from a previous complaint process.

I will agree with your statement that HM is a great group who does stand together when tested.... but there's what, 7-10 of them who don't play every day?? Why would any game designed for max participation reward higher a group that does not have it, than a group full of 25 players playing daily?

I do wish the game had some better rewards for fighters...the teams of fighters like HM, ACAB but I don't believe it should be in the form of the faction leaderboard, but yes, something should be thought of for the groups who choose to play a style of game inside that of the actual design.

I say that, but then it would also lead many other players to really push for other 'game styles' to be rewarded. Again, Nick and Tim have asked for Boss Kill rewards to go up, PK achievements.....almost every aspect of the game where a stat is considered.

Fact of the matter is the game is developed a certain way. A team can be successful in the fight world and successful in the leaderboard also. If a balance is not achieved, then one cannot hope to reivent the game in their own image to suit their own play style.

3. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

There were no factions in the game I signed up for, factions were not part of the game until around maybe 6 months or so into the game. I also resisted joining a faction for a very very long time because I thought they hindered game play, and I thought the 16000 dailies were pointless, as all you got was a ridiculous trophy which was only rewarded to those that stayed up late/woke up early on Sundays. I was playing the game I signed up for until the faction season rewards came out, that's when HM became a real faction (was originally started as a joke.) And actually we have 4 players that don't play daily, just because they don't punch you does not mean they don't play.

The faction leaderboard only rewards participation in leveling, besides the requisite 16000 dailies. How is leveling max participation? If anything it's anti-participation. To level to the fullest you would have to avoid fighting, listing, punching and hence dying. All you would do are outbreaks and bosses. How is that playing to the fullest? And how does team play assist power leveling? The individual levels, there aren't levels for factions. You speak of balance but they way the leaderboard is determined now is not at all balanced when the only emphasis is on levels.

4. I started a thread about this very thing in the Ideas forum a while back... HERE

It was very well received by a lot of forum members, and rated very well as a hypothetical idea, but was rejected by KANO... of course.

PVP will never be rewarded... just get used to it.
    *sighs*

5. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Unlike the players who have been playing this thing for as long as you, Blood, I have not gone through the transition and evolution of the game. All I have to go on is what the current situation of the game is.

The comment on players in your faction is not meant to be derogatory, only an observation.....and if slightly off, forgive me.

Your last comment is correct, in that the leaderboard is geared towards levels. From a purely developmental standpoint, wouldn't you want to promote progression among the people who play your game? If nobody ever progressed, every single character build would be pure fighter. Everyone who was level 1500 would have approximately the same attack/def skills and the PvP aspect would then get boring as you'd be fighting the same people, all day, every day. Nobody would punch each other cause if they were lower level, they couldn't win in a fight. It would be purely based on who has been playing for longer and it would be a game ran by the higher levels.

Rewarding progress, at least to me, promotes change within the game. New players to fight, different character builds to go for, and allows people to build character types not set up purely for PvP.

I'm not saying, again, that there shouldn't be something set up for the PvP aspect more than just a few SP's for 500k fight wins, as I believe there should be. But everything that I see on the game rewards players/teams for play time played. WB hits, levels....etc.... is all set up to reward for activity. Even BA is set up to give maximum rewards to those who put in game time.

Dunno, I agree there should be something that rewards everyone. DGP set up is biased towards progression, that is even agreed. I'm not one to argue valid points, but I am also one who works within the system that is in place to maximize success.

6. Putty

Putty New Member

Fair point Claire but it would be nice as i said a Faction ba or something Daily GP is silly 2 me as Dana said a level 1 can 1600GP yeah u get a xp reward for being number 1 just for doing what u would on a daily basis and some of the best players in this game do not play daily trust me ! and you can even get your GP for having crappy def and health cause you still get 150GP for a loss mad i believe its just if Kano did do something for factions it would be great ! like i said Factions ba you join up on the day you click on the faction you want to attack and it comes up with the players the winner would be the last faction standing or as i said a weekly leader board such as the GP 1 for the top 30 factions that get the most kills in a week ? just putting idea's out there i don't really care much for earning more skill points i get a level a day if i am lucky ;D cause i fight and HL come on kano have a read try something new out please !

7. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

@ Blasphemy -
    If that was true, everyone in the game would have been PVP players up until a few months ago, and this of course is not true. Inclusion of leveling for GPs is a very new concept, it has not been in effect for long. People were energy players before there was a faction based incentive to level. Kano has very little for higher levels to do, so the fact that they do promote leveling has always baffled me. There is no one to fight at the higher levels, and Kano does not have any new content for them. There is practically a new forum thread about this very thing daily.

Kano had NEVER supported fighters and hunters. They do not promote or reward killing of any kind. Probably the most difficult achievement is hitlist kills. There are only 12 people in the more then 1000 days this game has been around who have over 10k hitlist kills. And what do they get? Eight skill points. The same achieved for completing an outbreak. There are zero incentives for hunting, fighting and killing, the achievements are a slap in the face. I only do these things because they are fun, not for the crap reward. If all I had to do in this game was click on an outbreak I would have left long ago. If you want to talk about rewarding people for time played, the hunters and fighters are the ones online all day. Levelers click through their outbreaks and kill their bosses, there is no reason for them to hang around. People fight and hunt purely for enjoyment, because they sure as hell aren't rewarded for it by Kano. And these are your most dedicated players day in and day out.

Your idea at faction team play is not in leveling. Leveling is not a team effort.

As for Arena, as you can click through the top 12 tier, 50% of those placed had roughly 10K attacks or less. There are typically a fair amount of snipers mixed into the top 12 tier; this is nothing new. Snipers have as good a chance as any to do well in arena. You are not rewarded for the number of attacks or kills, you are rewarded on where you place. Of course more kills might place you higher but that is not always the case.