Limit Non-War Attacks!

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Malin, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Malin

Malin New Member

Warring guild members have a five-attack buffer, which limits the retaliation from higher-level players and allows lower-level players to get some war points without major consequence. It's a nice feature. Can we PLEASE get the same limit placed on non-war guild members? I am sick and tired of the unlimited attacks on me made by non-war players. I have no recourse, but to attack back (which only encourages the immature players who don't know when to quit), hide and wait (costing me time), or counter (costing me money).

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So what your saying is you cant beat them so u want to limit them? Not trying to be a smart ass here....but the whole point of these games is to level up and get stronger so you can whoop on other people, its why the game revolves around battles, slaps, bounties and kills. Although it can be discouraging at times when a pesky rival has you in there sights and all u wanted to do was get your dailys..its all just part of the game. There is nothing a rival can do to u that cant be overcome. Use it as motivation to get stronger and to turn the tables....in games such as these overcoming long time rivals is the only true reward/satisfaction.

All else aside....your idea simple wouldnt be fair to implement into a game that has been around for 4 years now. Players have built their stats and gained achievements that others would never be able to get if your idea was implemented. Battle and rival pages are already dwindling especially as u climb in levels. What about those who level via battling? Hard to level with a friend with a whopping 5 attacks a day...lol. The current limit is 5K a day which many already feel is to low.

3. Malin

Malin New Member

NOt What I Am Saying At All

It's not about whether or not someone can beat me or not. And it's not about whether or not I can beat someone else. I am a reasonable player, and dish out what I can take. I'm not advocating limiting to 5 attacks; I want a five-attack buffer for non-warring players, like it is for warring. This limits their attacks on me, and if I want to enter into a longer battle, then I can attack them more than five times. But, as it stands, when I encounter non-warring players with no sense of reason who repeatedly attack well-beyond any reasonable amount (and it happens several times each week), I have no recourse, but to 1) stop and wait until that player moves on (which may or may not work and which costs me my time), 2) counter repeatedly (which also may or may not work), or 3) keep fighting that player (some have gone deep into the hundreds)--a player i have no interest in fighting at all. I am in a warring guild and have no interest in battling non-warring players, but I cannot work to get war points if I am fighting off a non-warring jerk who won't stop attacking me.

4. Malin

Malin New Member

Case in Point

Just happened today:

Attacks from: 127 attacks in 15 minutes Last attacked: 1 second ago

Never attacked her or him. Never provoked her. Non-warring player attacking me endlessly.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Whoopy 127 attacks not anything go play farmville.

6. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

But be careful of the carrots! You can put an eye out with those things! There is an attack limit- it's 5000 hits.

7. Malin

Malin New Member

Evidently, you do not get my point. It's not just about the number of attacks (though you are insane if you think that 120 attacks is all right--it's amazingly inconsiderate and excessive). I am talking about the arbitrary nature of putting limits on a war guild but allowing a non-war guild to have no limits. Non-war players should not have free reign to take my time, coin, or attacks in unlimited ways, when war guild members do have those limits. It is completely arbitrary to allow NON-WAR player have unfettered opportunity to take away my ability to pursue war points (the reason for being in a war guild in the first place). Why should NON-WAR players have what is essentially an unregulated number of attacks, when WAR players have those limits?

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

You choose to be in war mode, that has no bearing as far as I know on players who don't do war mode. Two different things, and IMO 120 attacks is nothing. I have been attacked much more than that and I have attacked much more than that in these games, if people want to keep putting their health up, then attacks will be made. Then there are the ones who level with partners they can attack each other 5,000 times., So why not just retaliate against a player who attacks , whether or not they are in war mode. No matter how frustrating it may be these are fighting games. An opinion that it is inconsiderate or excessive is just that an opinion of some unwritten rule and not a violation.

9. Malin

Malin New Member

I am well aware that these are fighting games, but there are rules of engagement if one is in war mode. My point is that those rules of engagement ought to be in place for ALL fighters. It does not follow that, just because I chose to enter into War mode, that means there should be arbitrary rules that limit one side, but not the other. I should not have to suffer fools (non-warring ones) who have no sense of limits or boundaries, especially when their behavior affects my ability to play the game, and with whom I have absolutely no recourse when a non-warring player wants to attack me dozens or hundreds of times. Attacking back only provokes them or makes them believe I want to battle when I don't. Waiting 10-15 minutes for them to go away wastes my limited time i have to play. COuntering them, only wastes both time and coin and often only provokes them further. If I want to enter into a lengthy battle with a player, I should have that choice. As it stands, I only have that choice with those in War mode. How does that make any sense?

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Honestly I don't see how whether some one wants to battle some one or does not, means anything,not being in war mode myself, my understanding is that does not remove you from those who play who do not do war mode or whether or not being in a guild, makes no difference either, seems to me we are all fair game for one another. That would be very limiting, and the last thing players want are more limits, there is a protection feature, not sure which of the games it is in yet, I know for sure LCN and PC, right now, but ya have to be attacked alot to even qualify for protection and I also think being in warmode would make a player not eligible anyway.If you are on someone's fight list , that is all that is needed. Maybe trying to figure out when this person plays and play when they are off line can help. My feeling in these kinds of issues is, adjust to the game, there are many tools in game to help, but having the game adjusted to your , my, or anyone's idea of fair play, is a waste of time.

11. polishpimp

ROFLMAO. Every bit of your statement is contradictory, selfish and makes zero sense as it pertains to these games.

1. Of course it matters whether u win or lose, I find it a bit difficult to believe someone is going to complain about how many times someone hits and loses to them showering them with free XP.

2. "reasonable"? Not hardly, your asking the for the entire game and its history be changed to suit you.

3. "limit", "buffer", macaroni salad.... call what ever u want but if i cant hit u more than 5 times...its a "LIMIT". This line of yours is an all time classic.."I'm not advocating limiting to 5 attacks; I want a five-attack buffer for non-warring players, like it is for warring. This limits their attacks on me". To bad we couldnt have got Hitler to agree to something like that eh? I can See the Viking of yester year now.....excuse me neighboring village....we are going to come and rape and pillage your village 5 times and then kindly leave because u have not retaliated.

4. "when I encounter non-warring players with no sense of reason who repeatedly attack well-beyond any reasonable amount" ? NO reason....How about XP? Who are u ...the "reasonable " police? The whole reason these games survive is because of rivalries....they are what drives players to level up and get stronger. Capping unretaliated attacks and making extended battles having to be mutually agreed upon would make the games so boring the games would fail in a heartbeat. Thats exactly why guild wars are so boring....Limits and restrictions on everything, its about as competitive as gamer points....its VC with training wheels.

5. "I am in a warring guild and have no interest in battling non-warring players' So basically u want to sit off in the corner of the viking clan world and play exclusively one lil insignificant part of the game and The rest of the game and its players are to change everything VC has ever been to suit you? Selfish much?

6."but I cannot work to get war points if I am fighting off a non-warring jerk who won't stop attacking me." So if this "non warring jerk" is no longer allowed to attack you or anyone else ....what the hell are they supposed to do to move forward.....underwater basket weaving? If everybody had the option to stop an opponent from attacking them more then 5 times by simply not retaliating.....battling would become all but extinct .

What your asking for here is simply the dumbest and most selfish thing Ive ever seen in these forums....and believe me...theres been some doozies!

12. polishpimp

120 attacks is nothing.....players get attacked thousands of times a day by numerous players.

Take your coin? Put em in the bank! Of course they are supposed to take your coin, of course they are supposed to kick your ass as often as they can, they are supposed to kill u for crying out loud....its VIKING CLAN! This game rewards ass whoopings...its what its all about ! Yes....its completely fair to try and stop u in your tracks impeding u from getting war points....because if are not a friend or Allie that makes u an enemy/rival.

Maybe u should try and remember the war mode for guilds is just one tiny lil aspect of the entire game meant solely to supplement the rest of the game, yep its just a lil add on that most players think is pretty stupid and why participation numbers have dropped from the day it was implemented.

13. polishpimp

There are limits on every aspect of the game whether in war mode or not and they all apply to Every player not just one side or the other. The whole idea is to affect how u play your game....thats how someone else improves their game. Its a competition....that why u see rankings in nearly every category.

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Stop ya killing me , Polish, I did try to be diplomatic though:)

15. polishpimp

Yes, u were very diplomatic Linda. I tried to be as well but the nonsense was just getting crazier with every word they wrote. I swear that these forums can be more entertaining than the the games themselves at times. JJ and I were literally having laughing fits when we read this. She suggested I not comment...but u know me...a glutton for punishment.

Perhaps Mark Twain said it best........“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference”. I should change my name to FOOLISHPIMP.....lol

16. big john klad

big john klad Member

lol i'm with polish on this one lol it is a fighting game ,an yes i spar with a freind an 5 attack would just kill that lol we want the 5 k boosted up to 10k lol i could really get some levels then lol

17. polishpimp

Thanks john.

I dont think hes asking for all battles to be capped at 5 though...just if the attacks go unretaliated. For example....u and this guy are close in levels and are on each others battle page, you hit him 5 times and then u cant hit him anymore unless he hits u back...lol. Apparently he thinks he should be able to choose who he battles with and that its unfair to have to waste his time using counters and coin fending off someone who is doing exactly what the game is designed to do....lol. Basically he wants to diminish everything the game and its players have done for the past four years so he can play in peace....lol

18. Malin

Malin New Member

Ignoring the condescending, amazingly rude, and unwarranted immaturity, I cannot see why my proposal wouldn't be a reasonable limit to place on non-warring players against warring players. What John says I am asking for is correct--capping unretaliated attacks at five (or even 10, 15, or 20 attacks) for non-war players against war players. War vs war player has this limit, why not for non-war against war? If the war option is for but a few players, as you say, then why not? It wouldn't be a change that would significantly hamper very many players (if any at all), and does not "profoundly" change the way the game is played. You can still relentlessly attack tens of thousands of unsuspecting non-warring players without any recourse or limits, and I can focus on earning war points for my guild.

19. polishpimp

So calling people insane, jerks etc etc is polite in your book?

U just dont get it do u? Guild wars is a small sub sect of a much larger game....If u like that kind of extremely limited game play u go and join the guild wars, deal with the rest or quit. U Dont change an entire game to suit a very small segment of the player population....thats just pure ridiculousness.

This game has been around for 4 years....u cant just make game changing changes like that 4 years into it while keeping things fair to all the players that started before your suggested update. Thats anything but reasonable....its complete selfishness.

Perhaps the funniest part is that u want "warring" players to get a free pass from the non "warring" players, does this not sound funny to you? OMG....Mommy....the non warring players are beating up on us big bad war guilds again.....lol

Its as simple as this....u obviously cant take the heat so why dont u just quit? Youve got zero support for your idea, your border line delusional, totally unreasonable. Your not asking for some simple change....your asking for the game to be completely changed...THATS INSANE! Whats worse is that u dont even seem to have the slightest clue what affect your change would have nor do u seem to care. Its short sighted selfish players much like you that make players like me want the attack limit raised just so I could kick the crap outta ya all day.

20. big john klad

big john klad Member

once again i fight with polish well lol i try an get his bounty an pay for it when he attack me ,an polish is right ,but just so you see i understand what you are talking about let just get kano to only let those in war mood to hit each other an to only get war mood bountys .an those that are not in war mood battle all they want an not be able to hit those in war mood but at the same time those in war mood can hit those that are not in war mood .an if it's not a war mood bounty those in war can't catch it lol sound crazy don't it ,so what we do is any in war mood can only hit war mood vikings ,but funny thing is this well not make alot of them happy