Faction GP Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wonder Bread, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

As many of you may have noticed, there was a bug with how Faction GP was capping for the first day of the season, which prevented players from contributing their usual max points. We have pinpointed the source of the issue, and the rest of the season will use the regular points cap.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate you all letting us know that it was bugging. Fortunately, however, this bug affected all factions equally, and won't didn't expose any unfair advantages. Thanks again for letting us know, you all rock!

Update:

It turns there were some specific issues that only affected some factions, which is pretty much the opposite of what I said initially, so my apologies there. On a positive note, we're working on an auto-updater which should update all affected factions with their appropriate totals. I'll update this post when the updater goes out.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, and we appreciate you all letting us know about the issue. Also, for clarity's sake, this is for all games and all platforms, although not all factions were affected.

Update 2:

The updater is now live. To update your points, simply visit your faction page, which should now show the actual number of points based on player completion.

2. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

its not possible for this bug to have affected all syndicates equally when there are some syndicates still at 100% for the week while my entire crew has 48k GP and we do not have our full 1,200,000 GP and some syndicates do on mobwars...how can that be explained...we've won the last 2 weeks and now are being thrown out of the race bc of a gaming malfunction when we've been getting our points done???

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Percentage doesn't matter in the weekly rankings, the rankings are determined by total number of points, which is what I think WB is saying. As far as I can tell, it doesn't appear that MS LCN, Vikings, or Pirates were affected. I presume this has to do with Zombies, or maybe FB games. Example: If all factions in Zombies did not receive the full 300k points for the first day this week, then everyone is affected equally because no one was able to get a max of more than 284k for that day (or 1,184,000 for the week so far). Of course, I may not have a complete understanding of the issue.

4. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

Wrong, Jared, it's happening in PC as well. My armada has a long winning streak going and this week, as usual, everybody has gotten their full GPs every day, yet our Season total shows 128K GPs less than it should have. I keep promising my team that this will get fixed but so far it hasn't.