[LCN] Announcing a new way to power up your Mob: Crates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Tomorrow, we will be releasing a new feature in LCN that will give players an exciting new way to purchase limited items!

Crates contain a number of different items available at four different rarity levels: common, uncommon, rare, and legendary. Rare, uncommon, and common items will be previously-released limited-time or limited-quantity items, while legendary items will only be available in crates.

There are three different kinds of crates, which reflect the nature of the items available: Attack, Defensive, and Balanced. Each crate type will have different items available.

Players can see the available items in each crate type, and can also see the stats of the items available in each crate. The screenshot below shows a breakdown of the Attack crate.

crates.jpg

You can also see from the above image that each rarity level has a % attached to it, which indicates how likely a player is to receive an item of that rarity.

Crates will be available starting tomorrow. Check out the feature when it releases, and let us know if you have any questions!

2. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

Forums should have a "like" button for threads lol ... don't have too much imput, but like the idea in this thread :)

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Crates have now been released and you can find them on the Home page or in the Godfather. Just a quick note that items you receive from crate purchases will show as being in focus in the info modal whereas those you have yet to earn will appear slightly faded out.

If you have any questions, comments or feedback please let us know!

4. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

Nice stats on the attack creates :) figured I'd post since the don't say in game

(Legendary item) 5% chance - (W) - Buckshot Tommy 310 Attack 100 Defense Owned: 1

(Rare items) - 10% chance
    (W) - Blast Knuckles 300 Attack 70 Defense Owned: 1

(A) - Shadow Armor 300 Attack 70 Defense Owned: 2

(V) - Shadow Tank 300 Attack 70 Defense Owned: 1

(uncommon) - 30% chance
    (W) - Shinai 234 Attack 100 Defense Owned: 2

(A) - Pitbull Armor 200 Attack 132 Defense Owned: 2

(V) - Ninja 250 234 Attack 100 Defense Owned: 4

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If you click on an item image in the Info modal you can see the stats. Hopefully in the near future this will be a hover over tooltip but that is not in the cards at this moment.

[​IMG]

6. relu22

relu22 New Member

I like this update and can please this update on the other games you have . Thank you

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Good news, the moment has come and you no longer have to click on the item image to see the stats. Simply hover over the item image and the info that was previously shown in a modal will come up as a tooltip.

As for releasing this to other games that is a very good possibility but as of right now we do not have it scheduled. Keep your eyes on the forums and it will certainly be announced here when the time comes.

8. You have been awarded the following item from your Attack Crate.

1x Buckshot Tommy
    310 Attack
    100 Defense

I like it! :D

9. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I dont play LCN very often,,so today i went and bought a crate...to see what this was all about..WOW...not a good thing ..in my opinion..this sets the field to to be very lopsided in the game for strength.....its just another money maker Kano and you know it...because only those who have the real $$$ to buy them will...i see they are coming to VC...uugghh..just what we needed...is there a limit n the amount that can be purchased ??...i sure hope so !

10. John Gilli

John Gilli Member

I've been hanging on waiting for possible game changes to spark my interest. But this change is more of the reason I'm not playing much, and I've stopped spending real money. What is to stop the players that already spend a lot from spending even more, making the game more lopsided in favor of the spenders? I used to spend a bit, but I can't keep up. But I am sure the new "improvement" will pay for someone's salary.

11. Aceman41287

Aceman41287 Member

the new crates you have introduced as of today....... why have you increased the price?? this is NOT COOL!!!!! why are you trying to get even MORE money from us?? as if i dont spend enough already...... not a happy gamer Kano

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Couple of reasons. First, there are now 3 items unique to each crate as opposed to 1. Second, we found that price of the last crate did not accurately reflect the value of the items that can be awarded.

As with just about anything in life conditions may vary and adjustments can be made.