[VC] Totally new idea for the Arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Adam Maguire, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

How about ye remap it completely.
    Set perks directly in line with Skill Points for everyone.
    Remove the rewards.

Now everybody starts at the same base.
    Have the winning reward as 1,000,000,000 starting health bonus on every further Arena for the year.
    For every win, cumulative.
    The point of this then is at the end of the year, the winner gets a payout of 1000 FPs or something good to compete for.
    Everybody knows the main attraction of the Arena is the levels so removing the crappy rewards in place won't matter.
    Replace them with health and make it a league ;)
    But it has to be off a fair base for everyone at the start of the league to make fair competition.

I know people say, the bigs worked hard to be big, don't handicap them. But they worked hard to be big in the game, not the Arena.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In all the time the arena's have been here I am pretty sure alot of us have worked on some area of our builds as we joined arena's and saw where we needed to improve the results for the arena, whether someone is strong for the game or not, I know alot of players who are not strong in the game but rank pretty high in the arena. Just my observation to your statement:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I have definitely worked hard to get my skill points right to comply with arena, and I'm not even a big shot. Just some mid level slayer who gets into the top tier by clicking his ass off in the beginning at every good target he can find with the main goal being levels. I actually really like how arena is set up and don't really think there needs to be any changes. I like the idea of this "League" as well, but I think it should be separate from the arena. There's no reason why there can't just be a completely new thing coming along.

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

not a bad idea, but i agree with bacondude...it should be something completely separate and there are quite a few other ideas id like to see implemented before the devs get busy with a project like this one...7

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im not going to go so far as to say the arena is fine, but its better than the alternative suggested here.

This idea does have some merit in my opinion though. Perhaps in addition to the regular arena there could be something like this. Much like Nascar...there could be a winner of an individual of a race and then a season points champion. but in know way should things be handicapped further than they already are. Losing up to 40% to players that one normally never loses to is a huge handicap already, not to mention the whole "perks" being based on overall SP allocation thing, low levels already have a huge potential "added"advantage where as High levels have only "added disadvantages"

Kano has said there will be leader boards for the arena.... they could have individual arena leader boards and , season leader boards and all time leader boards. Points could be rewarded for ranks in specific categories such as kills, over all attacks, attack wins and place of finish. These points could be tallied over the course of the season and at the end of the season a players could be crowned cindividual champs and an over all champ and recieve the corresponding rewards. But a year would be much to long for a season....perhaps 4-6 areanas. If the rewards were decent even for say the top 20.....then it may very well promote more activity

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

I had to stop at "much like nascar".

No. No nascar.

I spend my fair share of time explaining things to people, and trying to help them out.

"Its like nascar" does not need to be a common phrase in my vocabulary. lol

7. polishpimp

LOL....im not a big Nascar fan myself. was just using it as an example of a way to reward more players by expanding the reward categories while not screwing with the "last man standing" aspect of it all. I guess i could switch the example from nascar to tennis....lol

8. Eraser

Eraser Member

No matter what you do, it will be nascar for me now, The idea is ruined.

The battle arena is so much like nascar.... The same people win it damned near everytime... its all about speed, and its repeditive as hell...

and of course... by the end of it. Im dying for a beer.

9. polishpimp

lmao....but battle arena winner signed memorabilia will never be in demand...theres a difference. ;)

10. slave

slave Member

i think its like nascar....

11. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

I do understand that. What i said is a change that would have to be implemented for my idea to work is all. If there's a big payout everyone has to start at the same point to compete fairly. The same way a poker tournament has all entrants start with the same amount of chips.

12. polishpimp

13. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

I would argue that you're missing one crucial point. The big players have the warriors and weapons that add to their starting perks. Making them very hard to beat and so with the percentages of how the perks are assigned, we might as well be fighting with our Vikings & Pirates because they bring in the advantages from outside the Arena, hence why I said if we were to have a big payout tournament. To make it fair, everyone has to start the same. Poker chips. Then it's down to strategy, planning & clicking.
    Try to remember what I said about FB VC here. Only 3people can win the Arena unless the let others win.
    And soooo the Arena has nothing special about it except an easy way to level without healing for less xp.

14. polishpimp

Im not missing that point. The point is that those weapons and warriors were earned like anything else.....like the amount of health they have for example. Do I think higher levels have a better shot at winning? YES. Do i think they deseve a better shot based on what they have earned? YES. U want to level the playing field.... based on what some havent earned yet....you dont see that as contradictory? Using your logic...does it seem fair that The rewards are the same for every player regardless of level?

Its not making it "fair" if u handicap someone at the beginning of an event and then continue to do so through the entire length of the event, then ending in rewards that will help some much more than others. What it is....no matter how u slice or dice it is an effort to make it easier for lower levels to win, the only way to do that is to take "even more" away from the the higher levels. There is zero fairness in that. Thats kind of like wanting to tax the rich more simply because they earned more and then handing it over to those that havent worked as hard. We all started these games as equals at level 1, what everyone does after that is solely dependent on them, because one does more than the other does not mean they should give up more....it means the ones that have done less need to do more.

3 players in FB may have the best chance of winning and thats the way it should be....they earned it despite already being heavily handicapped. Its a competition.......not a charity. Like i said...the arena was designed for a specific purpose. Its an all out battle to the end with limits and restrictions supposedly checked at the door. If u like limits and restriction....the reg game should be your focus...plenty of it there

15. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

I view the Arena as a different aspect of the game. They have all the muscle outside. No need to have it in a competition too.
    My next point is your "handicapping" is BS as I have already pointed out that they get the advantage of their warriors and weapons which makes them stronger then everyone else.
    Everybody's perks are the same design and percentages so they are still the strongest and win. Stop saying they're handicapped because if they are, everybody is. It's programming. maths.

16. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Get the hell over over it. Stop whining that other people are better. If you want to be good in arena do the same thing they did. Open up your wallet, level as fast as you can, and add your skills to attack and defense.

17. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

I'm not whining actually. I'm arguing because I presented an idea that was perfectly viable then had somebody complain about handicapping big players blah blah blah. Look up the definition for whining, then read the post, then comment. You need to know what you're talking about before you try use it. I am getting big, but that's beside the point.
    Your ignorance of the term whining very nearly got me banned off the forums for what I want to say here.

18. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

From another thread. That's why I post ideas and try to help out. Thanks for being ignorant and annoyin me.

19. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You've given multiple idea trying to handicap the arena to make it "fair" for players. "Fair" isn't a level 660 who joined a month ago coming into the arena and beating a level 3000 that has put work and effort into his strength for over 2 years. These people have actually modified their original account strategy to fit the arena as well, and now you want to mess that up? I know what the term means very well. You just come off as a whiner to me. "I'm not strong enough to win arena, but I also don't want to put the effort in to make myself stronger. Can you please change this to completely nullify everyone's hard work so I can maybe win something? How about a participation trophy?" If you want to win get stronger. Don't try to convince kano to make everyone else weaker for your shot at success.

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ok guys simmer down, let's not make it personal :) or else I get the big spoon, Adam, Ideas are welcome, I guess that is one of the reasons for the forum,we all have them about A,B,C,D and of course,we all do not always like each others ideas. But I have to say as far as making the arena any fairer for lower levels ( which in My main arena tend do to very well , in the top 10 many times) it is about build and it is has been many many months for people to build their accounts for the arena, which in my opinion is not much different ( in my case) that a good balanced build with maybe a good health and decent stamina or using refills for stamina. I figure it is a goal of a low or mid to even high levels to grow and build their account for a future arena and of course join the present arenas and figure out different strategies, that is just My opinion. There is always gonna be the low level guy and there are always gonna be new high levels.